Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Enough garlic and it's always smells great :w00t:

I think it's a love it or hate it thing. I actually like the smell/flavor of liver, however it's cooked. As long as it's not under or over cooked, I'm a happy camper. My dog agrees :cool:
There a lot of personal preference involved. The way I like liver is cut as 1/4 or thinner slices, cooked on a bed o onions and garlic at extremely high heat on a well heated cast iron pan at above 450f. It needs to cook all the way through and get crispy on the outside very very fast. You need to watch it the whole time it’s cooking and flip it when the blood stops accumulating on the top exactly. Not before and not after. Smells like steak, has the mouth feel of steak (not gritty which means over cooked or slimy which means undercooked). It also needs to be eaten while still piping hot. Served and eaten immediately. Letting it sit even 5 min and it loses it.

Reactions: Ryedan

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Don't let the FDA see you with that. Just more amo for their "save the children" movement. ;)
Ignoring the fact that no child today plays anything that looks even vaguely like it of course.
Hang on a sec ... you mean logic is a factor here :blink:
My comment was tongue in cheek humor.

A mod made to look like a Game Boy is an attempt to appeal to adults as a novelty item, not made to appeal to a child. Why was a Steam Punk mod so popular? They were pieces of novelty art, in my humble opinion. They certainly weren't logical or practical.

upload_2017-12-19_12-43-44-jpeg.706917

fbec4521a240ff7a0afdb6541f75fe22--vape-smoke-cloud-.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There a lot of personal preference involved.

Oh, most definitely :)

I appreciate it done different ways. Thick or thin, seared is very nice but if it's not that's OK for me too. I overcook it for Sadie's treats, pretty much turning it into shoe-leather, but I also snack on that happily when I treat her :cool:

OK, so I'm not a connoisseur, but I did mention I really like liver :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread