Bit lost about the Ijoy capo Squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So i bought one of those Ijoy capo squonk (the single battery one)
I know that i won't get the full 100 watts,but i've heard you can if you build lower. So i built a .14 0hm build in my drop that's on top of it. Will i get the full range out of it or not ? I know an 18650 usually do 60 per batt but this one seems complicated in my ears ...... Anyone can clarify this ?

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The watts setting (and display) is pretty much useless on this one. Use it like you would a mech. After it hits a certain voltage, depending on your build, it will be exactly like a mech but with low voltage protection.
For your .14Ω build it will stop putting out 92W after hitting 3.58V under load and peter down from there.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I have owned 2 squonkers in the past and for me personally they are more maintaince than good.
I do like the Combo Triangle rda that comes with it, easy to build on.[emoji106]
3aae201ab396a23c884fc823d471e16a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The watts setting (and display) is pretty much useless on this one. Use it like you would a mech. After it hits a certain voltage, depending on your build, it will be exactly like a mech but with low voltage protection.
For your .14Ω build it will stop putting out 92W after hitting 3.58V under load and peter down from there.
If i understand this correctly i can put it at 100 watts 24/7 and it will still cut off at a certain point because of my builds ?

PS: @Tonee N i liked the build deck on it aswell but i found the flavor lacking compared to my peerless and my drop. Also did 0 maintenance on my gbox and it holds very well after 2 months of usage.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
You can set it to 100W, what it will put out depends on your battery voltage. The capo doesn't have a boost circuit so the highest voltage it can put out is that your battery currently sits at (under load).
Let's take your build and setting as an example
square root(92W*0.14Ω) = 3.58...V
So it needs 3.58V (under load) to fire your build at 92W. This works as long as your battery is above that, it can regulate down to 3.58V, but it stops working as soon as your battery gets under that and you only get what you get from there on out until the battery is empty.
With the 20-25 amp draw your battery will probably get there rather quickly, you'll be able to do a few toots and then that's it with the 92W.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
If i understand this correctly i can put it at 100 watts 24/7 and it will still cut off at a certain point because of my builds ?

PS: @Tonee N i liked the build deck on it aswell but i found the flavor lacking compared to my peerless and my drop. Also did 0 maintenance on my gbox and it holds very well after 2 months of usage.
Agreed, I like the deep well but since I received my Dead Rabbit I don't use it hardly at all. The Drop is on the way.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
You can set it to 100W, what it will put out depends on your battery voltage. The capo doesn't have a boost circuit so the highest voltage it can put out is that your battery currently sits at (under load).
Let's take your build and setting as an example
square root(92W*0.14Ω) = 3.58...V
So it needs 3.58V (under load) to fire your build at 92W. This works as long as your battery is above that, it can regulate down to 3.58V, but it stops working as soon as your battery gets under that and you only get what you get from there on out until the battery is empty.
With the 20-25 amp draw your battery will probably get there rather quickly, you'll be able to do a few toots and then that's it with the 92W.
Very informative thanks alot !
Still messing around with it though, mostly with the airflow and power on the drop since i'm trying to find somekind of sweetspot.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I know an 18650 usually do 60 per batt but this one seems complicated in my ears ...... Anyone can clarify this ?
    From what I have understood, you should treat the Capo like a mech, battery amp rating should be safe for your build.
    Your .14 build should be used with at least a 25amp battery, 30amp would be better.
    My Capo leaked under the 510, the replacement I was sent started leaking within a week.
    I gave up on them, hope you have better luck with yours.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    From what I have understood, you should treat the Capo like a mech, battery amp rating should be safe for your build.
    The capo is a regulated device not a mech, worst case scenario it just won't be able to push enough power to my coils but i mostly use builds around .2 which at 4.2 volts recquire about 80 watts but it seems to perform better with builds around .15 so meh i digress but haven't had any issues besides the bottle seal coming off everytime i wanna fill it.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Apalachicola, FL, United States
    I have owned 2 squonkers in the past and for me personally they are more maintaince than good.
    I do like the Combo Triangle RDA that comes with it, easy to build on.[emoji106]
    3aae201ab396a23c884fc823d471e16a.jpg

I agree about the Combo Triangle RDA. I was expecting it to be basically a throw away item, to my surprise, I’m still using it on the Capo. Pretty solid little RDA.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Well, I interpreted them pushing back the release several times and some vendors taking of the "tc" from their page for the capo as a clear warning sign to stay the hell away from it.
    I doubt I'll be that smart with the pulse 80W though, I'm already drooling all over my keyboard :rolleyes:
    I doubt the Pulse will have any chip related issues, considering it's using the Gene chip. Not to say they can't screw up, but at least it will be firmware updatable. If it does have issues, you can be pretty sure there will be a firmware fix. I have the Drag, TOO, and Alpha, chip is great in all three.

I'm willing to be first in line for the Pulse and I'm not buying another regulated single battery squonk until I get a new Pulse. :thumb:

Lots of us are fans of the Gene chip, at least the Drag. I'm betting the Pulse is a pretty big hit once it's released. Hoping VV and Tony do it right.

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I can't believe that thing is still more than a month out!!!
    I know, right? :(

I already spent my vape budget for the month though. I can get it guilt free if it's not released until April.

I'll have a Therion BF in a few days that will keep me busy until then.

I also went ahead and picked up some 20700 cells for it though. Been running my regular Pulse with 18650's, but figured the regulated deserved a little more love. It will have three charged 20700s waiting when it arrives. :thumb:

Reactions: Tonee N

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    i would not order from there. Tony posted on FB that vapesourcing are not an authorized pre-seller
    Damn it! I already placed my order! I chose them because they were about $10 cheaper than 3f and had the shipping time at end of this month.

I wonder if I should cancel it and order elsewhere?

Where did you see Tony's post on FB? Was 3f listed as an authorized vendor?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread