Bit of advice as to these pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
Hi all Well I'm new here and new to the world of vaping.

I have bought this from amazon and received it yesterday with some lemon and lime flavour juice.
EGO-T E SHISHA PEN CE4 1100MAH RECHAREABLE ELECTRONIC SHISHA PEN NICOTINE FREE (Blue):Amazon.co.uk:Health & Personal Care

Yes not bad but not happy with the reviews about charger issues so I have bought this yesterday and it should be here today:
Discoball® Shisha eGo CE4 Full 1100mah Kit Stop Smoking aid Electronic Cigarettes With ZIPPER Case Uk Seller Fast Shipping:Amazon.co.uk:Health & Personal Care

Has anyone used this one and is there any upgrades for these sort of pens?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
what you have is the standard starter kit sold everywhere, they are good for "testing the waters" of vaping. They dont have a good reputation for longevity, maybe the battery will last a few months, the tank will last several weeks but the coil will last only a few days. Vapor production is ehhhhh...
I had a couple of them when I started vaping and went to better hardware due to the lack of battery life and vapor flavor...
give it a shot for a while, learn what you like/want out of vaping and do some research on upgrades...

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
There are literally hundreds of upgrades FROM those sort of pens. Those are pretty standard "starting" equipment "pens". Both CE 4's are old technology. I would recommend a completely different set up, the iStick 30W and an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Here are some links to check out.
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

A couple issues come to mind about your set up. They can work to get someone off cigs and I started with one. Having a back up is important but I wouldn't buy any more of the same, buy an upgrade and use what you have for a back up. Glass tanks will save you in the long run as some juices crack the cheaper tanks. (Lemon lime might be one of them) Aspire ET-S is a glass tank thats decent, but for a few dollars more you could have the Nautilus. The 650/1100 mah batteries are ok, but a variable volt/variable wattage mod (battery) will greatly enhance the vape experience (flavor) when used with a quality tank.

Below is my journey, the Nautilus Mini is on the battery in the center (Vision Spinner 2 clone) and the iStick 50W on right. Glass tank ET-S is second from left.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

istick 30W in pink (not my pic) shows actual size.
pink%2030w_zpsn8wyk3zo.jpg

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
what you have is the standard starter kit sold everywhere, they are good for "testing the waters" of vaping. They dont have a good reputation for longevity, maybe the battery will last a few months, the tank will last several weeks but the coil will last only a few days. Vapor production is ehhhhh...
I had a couple of them when I started vaping and went to better hardware due to the lack of battery life and vapor flavor...
give it a shot for a while, learn what you like/want out of vaping and do some research on upgrades...

Thankyou for the reply. This is exactly as you say "testing the water/vape" I will be upgrading to something different I see the next comment mention the I stick which o have heard a lot about. This was purely to see if I can get on with vaping instead of smoking cigarettes. I mean at the moment I haven't even got a nicotine juice just flavours I will give these a couple weeks then bite the bullet and buy the I stick 30 or 50.

Reactions: motordude

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
There are literally hundreds of upgrades FROM those sort of pens. Those are pretty standard "starting" equipment "pens". Both CE 4's are old technology. I would recommend a completely different set up, the iStick 30W and an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Here are some links to check out.
DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)
FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum

A couple issues come to mind about your set up. They can work to get someone off cigs and I started with one. Having a back up is important but I wouldn't buy any more of the same, buy an upgrade and use what you have for a back up. Glass tanks will save you in the long run as some juices crack the cheaper tanks. (Lemon lime might be one of them) Aspire ET-S is a glass tank thats decent, but for a few dollars more you could have the Nautilus. The 650/1100 mah batteries are ok, but a variable volt/variable wattage mod (battery) will greatly enhance the vape experience (flavor) when used with a quality tank.

Below is my journey, the Nautilus Mini is on the battery in the center (Vision Spinner 2 clone) and the iStick 50W on right. Glass tank ET-S is second from left.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

istick 30W in pink (not my pic) shows actual size.
pink%2030w_zpsn8wyk3zo.jpg

I have read about these istick but as I have never ever used any sort of vaping equipment I thought I would start small and cheap at least that way if it wasn't for me I won't lose alot :) I have only tried the lemon lime as I filled the tank up and not being able to use any others. Also like mentioned above I haven't even used any nicotine juices.

So woukd you reccomend the istick 30w or Istick 50w?

I think my best bet is just have a little play/test for the next week or so then purchase one of these isticks. But do I need to buy a battery or anything else or is just the tank and the I stick?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Sir2 brought up a valid point. That CE4 though can last a couple weeks before failing under normal circumstances some flavorings are known as tank crackers and tank melters. Citric, Hot Cinnamon, Bannana, Absynth (Licorice), very strong menthols (any that form menthol crystal after sitting a while) are all in this category. Glass tanks are suggested, they with other liquids will give a cleaner flavor as no plastic residue will transfer from the tank to the liquid, also full metal tanks work as well in these scenarios.

The Ego Class (or Pen Class), a lot of us got started on these basic setups. They are good beginner performers, especially those that are variable voltage (Ego Twist Class), dial at the bottom of the battery to adjust voltage output (kick up the voltage) to improve flavor, vapor, and throat hit to a desired level. A tank to match that battery that will last a long time that has replaceable coils (this is the business component of any egic, heat expansion and cooling contraction of the resistance wire, wire can fail and will fail, sweeteners in the liquids can crystalize, get gooey, and plog up the wicking) thus these are what needs replacing the most, "Kanger" Protank Mini V1 (single coil head)/V2 (single coil head)/V3 (dual coil head), "Aspire" K1, "Aspire" Nautilus Mini.

A step up battery or unit, eLeaf iStick 30 or 50watt, iStick Mini, Innokin MVP V2 or V3.

these are only suggestions, hth.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
Sir2 brought up a valid point. That CE4 though can last a couple weeks before failing under normal circumstances some flavorings are known as tank crackers and tank melters. Citric, Hot Cinnamon, Bannana, Absynth (Licorice), very strong menthols (any that form menthol crystal after sitting a while) are all in this category. Glass tanks are suggested, they with other liquids will give a cleaner flavor as no plastic residue will transfer from the tank to the liquid, also full metal tanks work as well in these scenarios.

The Ego Class (or Pen Class), a lot of us got started on these basic setups. They are good beginner performers, especially those that are variable voltage (Ego Twist Class), dial at the bottom of the battery to adjust voltage output (kick up the voltage) to improve flavor, vapor, and throat hit to a desired level. A tank to match that battery that will last a long time that has replaceable coils (this is the business component of any egic, heat expansion and cooling contraction of the resistance wire, wire can fail and will fail, sweeteners in the liquids can crystalize, get gooey, and plog up the wicking) thus these are what needs replacing the most, "Kanger" Protank Mini V1 (single coil head)/V2 (single coil head)/V3 (dual coil head), "Aspire" K1, "Aspire" Nautilus Mini.

A step up battery or unit, eLeaf iStick 30 or 50watt, iStick Mini, Innokin MVP V2 or V3.

these are only suggestions, hth.

For £4.50 delivered even if it lasts 2 weeks it's worth it just for trialling the world of vape
Like I say I will go for the eleaf Istick 30w or 50w. I'm not too sure what differences are other than wattage?

I did read that citrus/cinnamon/menthol can cloud and damage the tanks. This is a glass tank on the cheap one so I hoping it don't and just lasts the 2 weeks till first week of July then I can purchase the istick

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
For £4.50 delivered even if it lasts 2 weeks it's worth it just for trialling the world of vape
Like I say I will go for the eleaf Istick 30w or 50w. I'm not too sure what differences are other than wattage?

I did read that citrus/cinnamon/menthol can cloud and damage the tanks. This is a glass tank on the cheap one so I hoping it don't and just lasts the 2 weeks till first week of July then I can purchase the istick

Your plastic tanks could last till July, I wouldn't panic yet. The link you posted will not show up until after you get 5 posts and the forum resets at half past the hour (anti spam rule). Amazon is ok for shopping, but there is a large "clone" market out there and you could end up paying for authentic and be getting a cheap clone. You might check these suppliers:

UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum

I would highly recommend a 30W "Minimum" mod style battery. It gives room to grow should you desire to hobby vape. If you decide down the road you wish to go into the subohm world, the 30W can get you started without having to buy another battery, and with just an investment into another tank. A 20W or less can't do this.

The main differences between the 30W and 50W is the amount of wattage each can produce (sub ohm tank require more wattages). On the 2 iSticks in question, the battery of the 30W is 2200 mah (battery life before recharge) and the 50W is 4400 mah.

You're going to end up with a quality backup down the road should you enjoy vape (and you will) to get off the stinky's. Whatever mod(battery) you buy now is liable to be the backup 6 months down the road, technology is changing that fast, and the odds are you'll want to explore vape into sub ohms.

The critical issue is getting off the cigs. When I quit I kept a cheap clearo/tank (CE4) filled with a little higher nic than my starting level. That way when the "itch" couldn't be scratched by the regular nic level I would hit it once and go back to the regular nic. I used the same technique to lower my levels down to the 3 and zero I now enjoy (zero so I don't have to worry about "any" craving). It usually took only a week or less to adjust with this, and then I was leveled out.

I wish you great luck in your vape journey, you can do it!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Would this be a good buy? (But it is a mini tank)

Genuine Eleaf iStick with Aspire Nautilus Mini Kit (Black) £52.99 from amazon.co.uk?

I can't link because it won't let me.

If it's the Mini it's a horrible price. Check this link eleaf istick 50w mod from Cloudstix
also look on this site for the 30W and Nautilus Mini/full size.

I am certain there are other sites as well, just have to look in the UK Forum.
Another option is Fasttech.com. Shipping from China to the states is about 2 weeks for me, don't know what it is to europe. CAUTION : when shopping on Fasttech look for the word "AUTHENTIC" (meaning real), because "STYLE" means CLONE.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
Your plastic tanks could last till July, I wouldn't panic yet. The link you posted will not show up until after you get 5 posts and the forum resets at half past the hour (anti spam rule). Amazon is ok for shopping, but there is a large "clone" market out there and you could end up paying for authentic and be getting a cheap clone. You might check these suppliers:

UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum

I would highly recommend a 30W "Minimum" mod style battery. It gives room to grow should you desire to hobby vape. If you decide down the road you wish to go into the subohm world, the 30W can get you started without having to buy another battery, and with just an investment into another tank. A 20W or less can't do this.

The main differences between the 30W and 50W is the amount of wattage each can produce (sub ohm tank require more wattages). On the 2 iSticks in question, the battery of the 30W is 2200 mah (battery life before recharge) and the 50W is 4400 mah.

You're going to end up with a quality backup down the road should you enjoy vape (and you will) to get off the stinky's. Whatever mod(battery) you buy now is liable to be the backup 6 months down the road, technology is changing that fast, and the odds are you'll want to explore vape into sub ohms.

The critical issue is getting off the cigs. When I quit I kept a cheap clearo/tank (CE4) filled with a little higher nic than my starting level. That way when the "itch" couldn't be scratched by the regular nic level I would hit it once and go back to the regular nic. I used the same technique to lower my levels down to the 3 and zero I now enjoy (zero so I don't have to worry about "any" craving). It usually took only a week or less to adjust with this, and then I was leveled out.

I wish you great luck in your vape journey, you can do it!

Thankyou for your detailed responses. I am definately aiming to get off the stinky cigarettes now I have children. So I have the mindset for it I just need to find a deacent bit of equipment to fulfill the need.

Reading that anything above 30w would be fine shall I go for the 50w and that way it will save buying a bugger battery at a later date or by having the bigger battery does it effect the way they work?

I think I will bite the bullet and get the eleaf 50w stick if the only difference is battery life.

And I will check the links you have sent as you are correct and the one on amazon isn't direct from amazon it is using one of their third party sellers.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
If it's the Mini it's a horrible price. Check this link eleaf istick 50w mod from Cloudstix
also look on this site for the 30W and Nautilus Mini/full size.

I am certain there are other sites as well, just have to look in the UK Forum.
Another option is Fasttech.com. Shipping from China to the states is about 2 weeks for me, don't know what it is to europe. CAUTION : when shopping on Fasttech look for the word "AUTHENTIC" (meaning real), because "STYLE" means CLONE.

I have just checked that site and I see you said check the Nautilus mini/full size tank. Now I'm a bit confused ad I thought the mini was rubbish?
The one I was looking at was the eleaf 50w istick with mini Nautilus tank £52.99 delivered. But I don't k ow the authenticity a couple people ha e said it is genuine but how would any one know

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
ok, I was confused because I couldn't go to the link. there is an iStick "mini" also (10watts). I was thinking you were looking at the mini iStick. The price of 52.99 for the 50W and Nautilus delivered sounds good. (I don't know how that translates into my yank dollars so I can't say for certain) The only way you'll know if an item is authentic is to buy it and check the scratch off code. I would be leary of amazon myself with vape purchases. If I were selling "clones" I'd make a fake review saying they were real. Buying from an ECF listed/registered vendor would make me feel like I was getting the real item, somewhat a piece of mind issue. Plus ECF can be helpful should there be an issue with the product or service.

Perhaps one of our resident UK members can answer the vendor/where to buy question better.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
ok, I was confused because I couldn't go to the link. there is an iStick "mini" also (10watts). I was thinking you were looking at the mini iStick. The price of 52.99 for the 50W and Nautilus delivered sounds good. (I don't know how that translates into my yank dollars so I can't say for certain) The only way you'll know if an item is authentic is to buy it and check the scratch off code. I would be leary of amazon myself with vape purchases. If I were selling "clones" I'd make a fake review saying they were real. Buying from an ECF listed/registered vendor would make me feel like I was getting the real item, somewhat a piece of mind issue. Plus ECF can be helpful should there be an issue with the product or service.

Perhaps one of our resident UK members can answer the vendor/where to buy question better.

Oh no its the 50w but with a mini Nautilus tank. Only thing is it says it a 2200mah battery. But is through amazon prime so amazon will cover me if it is a fake as I pay for the prime service. I know in the UK it is a bit harder getting these eleaf isticks so I am a bit wary my self.

I will see if anyone else replies who may ha e bought ine of these from amazon. It is being sold as genuine so id imagine it is real or they could get in trouble and also removed from selling on amazon.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
The 50W iStick is a "4400" mah, the iStick 30W is a "2200" mah. You'll love the Nautilus Mini and whatever good mod you purchase. Hold on for a bit and perhaps @djsvapour will pop in or another UK vaper.

I will see if djsvapour will come and help out as this one from amazon I will leave as the description says 2200mah and the pic says it's 20W so I guess it's either the mini or a fake.

Turtletom100

Jun 24, 2015
The 50W iStick is a "4400" mah, the iStick 30W is a "2200" mah. You'll love the Nautilus Mini and whatever good mod you purchase. Hold on for a bit and perhaps @djsvapour will pop in or another UK vaper.

Also what is the mod as I thought it was as simple as buying the Nautilus tank and the iStick then adding the e liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread