Bit the bullet, ditched the Lavatube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
They always have a "sale price " listed. buy directly from provape to get the one year warranty

True, but IIRC you can still use the original owners warranty if you can get the seller to provide the order number and or the order date. I still like the idea of getting a brand new unit w/ my own purchase history.

shadco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Noth Cakalacky
I also bit the bullet yesterday.

146840613.jpg

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
True, but IIRC you can still use the original owners warranty if you can get the seller to provide the order number and or the order date. I still like the idea of getting a brand new unit w/ my own purchase history.

Provape has been pretty clear on their forum that the warranty doesn't transfer. Exceptions may apply though. Used provari's sell for not much less than the new ones. I, myself would rather pay a little more for a new one and be sure.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
Provape has been pretty clear on their forum that the warranty doesn't transfer. Exceptions may apply though. Used provari's sell for not much less than the new ones. I, myself would rather pay a little more for a new one and be sure.

I stand corrected. I posted that without any explanation of where I heard that from. I did a little homework before purchasing mine and ran across a thread that led me to believe they would. You are correct donnah, both their site and their forum has stated they will NOT transfer warranties. But to show that I wasn't trying to blow vape up anyones... well anyway here is where i read the misleading info. No one from ProVape posted against it, but to be honest, it could have been a forged email.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I stand corrected. I posted that without any explanation of where I heard that from. I did a little homework before purchasing mine and ran across a thread that led me to believe they would. You are correct donnah, both their site and their forum has stated they will NOT transfer warranties. But to show that I wasn't trying to blow vape up anyones... well anyway here is where i read the misleading info. No one from ProVape posted against it, but to be honest, it could have been a forged email.

Yea.. it's confusing. I've read posts like that one and then read on the supplier forum where they state that it isn't transferable. You can't really blame them for not honoring a warranty on a device that was sold to someone else. How would they know that the device they get for service is the device that is under warranty? I don't think that each provari has some kind of identifying number or symbol on it to tell it apart from another.

gardnerd4me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Oakland
Received a message from Provape, she asked me to post this for her.

narcosleepygirl said:
Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I was the one who wrote the email about the ProVari warranty being transferrable.

I believe I was in my third week of working for ProVape and did not realize the warranty was not transferrable. I was corrected about it shortly thereafter.

I do apologize for the misinformation I provided early in my training regarding the warranty.

Cecilia

bubbadreier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
oklahoma
Fortunately with the ProVari, I think you'll be in good shape. They are rock solid and if there is a problem with it, you can still have it repaired. That way you avoid having a $150 paperweight. Enjoy and happy vaping.

That is if I get it and didn't get ripped off :) The guy I bought it from has a ton of great feedback, so I know I shouldn't be worried but he just hasn't responded at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread