Blast from the Past!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have not posted or read here in a long time, but yet I still vape. My dad died a month ago and we're working to clean out his house (where I lived for much of my adult life before getting married) and I just came across a device from back when I first started vaping back in the Joye 510 automatic days that really brought on the nostalgia for me!

I don't remember what it was called but it was promoted widely by That Guy With the Fedora (MoobyGhost?) and was basically the first box mod to take Joye 510 carts. Can anyone name this mod?

EDIT: Also huge bonus points if anyone knows how to get ahold of That Guy With the Fedora as I'd love to thank him for getting me into vaping so early!

IMG_20191124_140702 by Joe Eckert, on Flickr
IMG_20191124_140705 by Joe Eckert, on Flickr
IMG_20191124_140714 by Joe Eckert, on Flickr

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The fedora fella? Definitely Mooby Ghost!

The Moobs was one of my very first vape "teachers" back when I was a newbie, and I've not forgotten him. Wow, talk about a BLAST from the PAST!!

I don't see him around on the YouTube any longer, but @Treeburner1983 I do believe you will enjoy THIS!!!

*I sure did!!!!!!!*

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After looking through MoobyGhost's old posts I found the mod - The Bartleby! As lousy as those 510 carts were, even with the blue aquarium foam upgrade, at least it led me down the right path! Thanks everyone, sent MG a PM here even though he's long gone since I couldn't find any sign of him anywhere else online!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Bartleby. :)

bartleby.jpg

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... As lousy as those 510 carts were, even with the blue aquarium foam upgrade, at least it led me down the right path! ...

I hear you. Blue Foam and Pyramid Tea Bags is what got me Off Cigarettes.

I have to kinda Snicker when people Today get Upset that their new latest and greatest Atomizer Isn't as Stellar as they would like.

If they Only knew what it was like Way back When.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread