Bling for the ssGGTS & UFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
I swapped out the telescope with a brass one and I polished off the nickel plating from the exposed part of the UFS atty connector revealing the beautiful brass ring. Next step is a little modification to the button ;)

ssGGTS #21
100_0884.jpg

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
In a pile of sawdust
Looks better than I would have thought. Are you replacing the button with the old style or what?
I'm going to make the button round like the older style (don't care for the polygognal shape, kind of sharp edges but I do like it being stainless where your finger is always activating it) Then I'm going to put the brass lock ring from my #6 on it (the one with vertical lines vs being knurled) I have future plans for the control ring too ;)

Love what you did to that brass ring. How did you get the plating off of it?
I took just the atty connector and put an old atty into it, chucked it in a drill and used sandpaper. started with 120 grit, then 320, then 600 and a final wet sand with 1000. Finished by polishing with flitz metal polish. :)

Last edited:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I'm going to make the button round like the older style (don't care for the polygognal shape, kind of sharp edges but I do like it being stainless where your finger is always activating it) Then I'm going to put the brass lock ring from my #6 on it (the one with vertical lines vs being knurled) I have future plans for the control ring too ;)

I took just the atty connector and put an old atty into it, chucked it in a drill and used sandpaper. started with 120 grit, then 320, then 600 and a final wet sand with 1000. Finished by polishing with flitz metal polish. :)

Looks awesome, Brad!!!!:thumb:

I got the flitz per your suggestion, all of my babies are so damned shiny now they hurt my eyes!!!!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread