Bloating, stomach pain, belching, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp001

May 27, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
There have been some threads in this forum about this subject but they all seem to be closed.

Even though this seems to be a common affliction, there is no definite explanation for it.
Some say PG allergy, others blame nicotine concentration, specific flavors and so on.

In my case I think to have discovered why my stomach gets bloated, aches and then (after quite a while) it gets better after I let out a couple of belches.
I haven't smoked regular cigarettes for quite a while and the e-juice is a new experience. It tastes good.
I have been using mostly mouth to lung inhales and because it tastes good, I instinctively swallowed a lot of the vapor.
This caused my stomach to inflate and resulted in the aching and belching.
I am trying to educate myself not to swallow. Now, I try to do lung inhales and to breath normally afterwards.
I am feeling improvement and I intend to post further updates.

I would like to hear your opinions.
:2c::vapor:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
The shift from smoking to vaping requires a certain amount of adjustment, but you say that you haven't been smoking recently? I would suggest that if you had been swallowing smoke into your stomach when you did smoke you may have had a problem with your technique. The same applies to vaping. But don't give up - tobacco is bad news and you don't want to go back there.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I had sort of the same problems when I first started, I was using a Protank and would get 18 mg of juice in my mouth and it would make me burp nicotine and generally feel like crap, so then I bought a dripper and was using the 18 mg and it got worse, until I went online read about the effects of too much nicotine while vaporing, and I went to 6 mg in my dripper and in my Kayfuns and the burping and upset stomach and feeling like crap, stop with in the first day of switching from 18 mg to 6mg and have not had any more upset stomach or burping nicotine. So maybe you need to cut down your nicotine and see if that helps it worked for me and also trying different blends with more Vg than PG seem to help a little, think it depends on the juice and from what company that makes it, really starting too like the Velvet Cloud Vapor juice it has a higher VG percentage than I normal buy, I found it at a local Vapor supply and its good. so maybe that's something to try also higher VG content.

Last edited:

jp001

May 27, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Thank you for the reply.

I don't think I will ever smoke cigarettes again.

As I wrote on my first post in this forum, I quit cigarettes years ago after smoking 2+ packs a day for the most of forty years.
I vape because I like it and as far as we know is harmless (if not beneficial). It also keeps me away from snacking.
I like all the mechanical aspects of vaping and diy e-juice.
But you are right, I am still adapting to vaping. It's a learning process.
I was hoping that my experience would also help other people who complain of stomach problems.

Kgb424

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Minden Nevada
I had stomach problems when Vaping 18 mg, but as soon I switched to 6 mg the problems stopped almost the same day, then I tried the higher VG content and felt even better, for me maybe it was the PG in the juice and 18 mg, I bought it and at a headshop, and thought juice was juice, but I have since seen the light and are now very picky about my juice and its content and its maker and the head shop stuff wasn't not very good and that could of started the ball rolling of making me sick but I have fixed the problems by using 6 mg and buying a mechanical mod and not using the E-Go C twist crap thing, and buying a two Kayfun clones that actually work and give you a tasty and flavorful and cloudy Vape, the Protank spit and gurgled and never worked right and just sucked, then I bought a couple drippers and really started liking the lower Mg and higher VG content and the bigger clouds, but still not that big of a sub-ohms guy.

Last edited:

jp001

May 27, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
I have been making e-juice using supplies from FlavorArt and Inawera.
My favorite concentration of nicotine is 12mg because of the throat hit but I have also tried 6 mg with no noticeable difference. I plan on trying VG only but haven't gotten to it.
Now that I realized that I swallow as I vape, I am starting to correct it and I'm doing better.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I have been making e-juice using supplies from FlavorArt and Inawera.
My favorite concentration of nicotine is 12mg because of the throat hit but I have also tried 6 mg with no noticeable difference. I plan on trying VG only but haven't gotten to it.
Now that I realized that I swallow as I vape, I am starting to correct it and I'm doing better.

Good. You'll find that higher vg mixes will help, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread