Blood Pressure and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
I have been on medication for high blood pressure for along time (I inherited it from my family) the good news is none
of my family has ever had any heart attacks, strokes or heart disease :)

My doctor told me along time ago if I quit smoking and drinking so much damn ice tea my BP would go
down and I would be able to stop taking my meds.

My question is has anyone noticed a difference in there blood pressure going up or down?

Hope mine goes down to 120/60

I just checked it today and it was 135/73 and thats alittle higher then normal but I been eating a lot of bad
food lately also.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I have been on medication for high blood pressure for along time (I inherited it from my family) the good news is none
of my family has ever had any heart attacks, strokes or heart disease :)

My doctor told me along time ago if I quit smoking and drinking so much damn ice tea my BP would go
down and I would be able to stop taking my meds.

My question is has anyone noticed a difference in there blood pressure going up or down?

Hope mine goes down to 120/60

I just checked it today and it was 135/73 and thats alittle higher then normal but I been eating a lot of bad
food lately also.

My blood pressure has always been 'normal' (beneath 120 normal)... has not changed at all with vaping. :)

mel_vin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
Toronto
that number seems alright. Ive always been borderline high, 135/85ish but the lower number is apparently more important. I could stand to loose 10-15 pounds though and I do have sleep apnea which will contribute to higer blood pressure.

I assume your 135/73 is while you're on your meds? What does your DR have you on?

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I am not on BP meds, but happened to be at the doctors office shortly after I quit cigarettes. My BP was VERY low, and that explained why I had been feeling a bit "down". I went back and it was in the more normal range after a few weeks, 110's over 70's. I think I was able to compensate after a while. I am not sure what that would do to someone whose "normal" was in the high range though, or whether it would go back up after a while.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
that number seems alright. Ive always been borderline high, 135/85ish but the lower number is apparently more important. I could stand to loose 10-15 pounds though and I do have sleep apnea which will contribute to higer blood pressure.

I assume your 135/73 is while you're on your meds? What does your DR have you on?

The lower number is heart filling, the higher when your heart beats. If you have a constant high pressure it is not a good thing.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
It's hard to say exactly with me because I have panic disorder. When I was testing at the store with their probably screwed up machine I always came out pre-hypertension. This was out in public, after a dental visit, on Xanax and with an abused public machine so who knows how accurate that is.
After I started vaping I got an at home tester. My BP was back down to my normally low levels.
Then I had a bunch of doctor visits this summer. Back in public, at doctors and on Xanax. It was all over the place depending on how freaked out they had me.
But over all I'd guess vaping lowered my blood pressure because the at home numbers I see are back to what they were when I was in my 20's.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
x2 on panic disorder, mine goes up when I'm having a anxiety attack, lately my anxiety has been down...
I wonder if all the chemicals in analogs contribute to anxiety/panic some how.

I'm taking benicar at the lowest dose cut in half, today my blood pressure is 128/70 & I been vaping like crazy :)
I was taking in 12mg ejuice and was vaping all day, I switched to 18mg and its giving me the fix that I need.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
I have the same problem - but stupidly have refused to take BP meds. Unfortunately for me - nicotine raises my BP and heart rate. Been off smokes for close to 6 months - checked my BP a few days back and it was 138/88. Am trying to reduce nico in e juice. If I cant - may have to go on meds too. The way I tested my nico and BP was - didnt vape for an hour after waking up. Measured BP - 120/80. Vaped a bit -can feel heart rate increasing - measured BP - it was in the 130s/88..........sucks.............and yes I too have anxiety and have had panic attacks - nico makes that worse too........double whammy:mad:

Last edited:

Skunk01

Nov 14, 2012
Wyoming
I didn't even think about my BP dropping with not smoking. I do take two pills a day cuz of my BP. So, when I do my next doctors appointment, I will see if I can either drop dosage or the pills.

For theose that don't take or forget to take their BP meds, I had the $%#^ scared out of me a few years ago. I thought I had a stroke! I had another problem goin on also that was BP related. TAKE YOUR PILLS!!! I didn't take my pills, didn't like the side affects. I take them everyday now. Found a combo that works for me.

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
I came to this thread because recently my blood pressure has spiked and my dr has put me on meds. But I also have been having anxiety lately. So I'm wondering if my spike is related to me vaping (same time frames as BP spike), or my anxiety.

I wonder if its the vaping causing the anxiety or the coming off analogs????

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

That could be. I traced vaping PG to being the cause of anxiety. I went to 100% PG free and haven't had a problem since.
The first time in '09 it took about a month to build up. I kept on blaming the nicotine and cut back extremely fast. The second time 7 months ago I started with 0mg PG and it was almost instant. I think it's because PG ends up making my lungs feel heavy and then hurt.
I also need a juice maker that I have 100% trust in.

kmoff77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
HBG, PA
I've also had some other ..... going on that I think is mostly to blame. But I've been vaping 12 mg nic level for a while now. I think it's time that I take a step down to 6 or 8 mg. Maybe that will help?

Flexxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Utah
I've also had some other ..... going on that I think is mostly to blame. But I've been vaping 12 mg nic level for a while now. I think it's time that I take a step down to 6 or 8 mg. Maybe that will help?

I was vaping 12mg and getting anxious a lot, I went to 18mg and its been better.

BP today 127/66 :)

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My systolic and diastolic both dropped about 10 points within a month after starting to vape. Now I'm fairly consistently in the 110/50 range. And, as was the case 50 years and 80 pounds ago, I'm again having a slight problem with orthostatic hypotension. But that's a no big deal: when I awaken, I just lay flat in bed for about 30 seconds. Then I can get up and not have the whirlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread