• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bloog Maxx Fusion Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
So Noiz and Wood, I think your original review of the bloog ( Noiz ) and Wood getting in the fray started a bloog run and with the added post of smokeless image's volt (again started by Wood) this turned into bloog/volt run.

The bloog pv and volt pv are the exact same and both are a welcome step up in vaping pleasure - a big step up!
Personally I went for the Volt, the express US shipping and today am totally enjoying the "near analog" vaping experience.

dmatrix7

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Belleville Ontario
I also find the PCC to be quite cheap. I took the outside plastic coating off it the day I got it. I have used it for 2 days now and the inside plastic coating is now coming off around the edges of the top of the case. It also feels really cheap and the charging pins I feel are going to break or bend eventually. The PCC definitely needs some work.

I found this on the bloog forum, these are generic and compatible with the bloog/volt. I was thinking of ordering some up myself.

http://www.eastmall.net/Products/ShowProduct.aspx?pid=100000224&name=DPV9-KR808D NEW

Crow79

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Vancouver
I believe that cdnvapour is getting these in very soon...next couple of weeks!!!

They are - I got the newletter from cdnvapor outlining all the new products.. Too bad Canada Post is probably gonna strike :(

On my last 2 MF cartos.. Jack at HappyVaper doesn't have black anymore - I shoulda planned ahead!

I refuse to order from the states.. I'm kinda patriotic like that ;)

Crow79

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Vancouver
Oh, for the record.. boiling and/or hot water syringe rinsing hardly does a thing to clean the coil. Tried a vinegar/baking soda solution as well.. Nada.

When they're done, they're done.. But as long as you don't let your cartos run too dry and stay diligent on refilling, the gunk doesn't build up as fast - keep that in mind!

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
So all the cartos I boiled are performing amazingly, I managed to find my first "Super Carto" that takes 42 drops on a full fill! I couldn't believe it, usually they are full to the brim with 30 but this one just kept soaking it up so I just kept filling.

The Bloog is by far the biggest step forward in the world of Analog-like devices, IMO nothing this size could compare to it (other than the volt, which is the same device with a different label). I have had vapor that is almost on par (or better with dripping with an LR atty or at High Volt) with this device but the size was always much larger and didn't offer the level of freedom I was looking for.

Conclusion - The Bloog Maxx Fusion rules! The PCC needs to be refined and re-designed but performance is what we are all after anyway. Leaford, you're a genius.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
So before I go to bed I figured I would post an update (The bloog is still awesome, I think I saw a knock off called the Volt out there) and details of a technique I'm trying to save some cash on cartos.

I just boiled out 8 cartos some are newer, but 5 of them are heavily used to the point of either tasting burnt or skunky. I should also mention that I vaped dark juices in a few of these cartos, so they looked brown and burned as well.

I used this method;

The smell really fills the place up, so I was smelling Maple, Strawberry Kiwi and Cigar quite strongly during the first boil, second boil wasn't anywhere near as bad. You can tell the second boil is the "rinse cycle" because the water stays clean and clear.

Overall I will have to wait and see if I have ruined 3 kinda good cartos, or alternatively saved 5 soon to be trash items.

The best part so far is how the Carto looks after it has been fully boiled. Almost Brand new! I was very surprised to see I couldn't tell which carto was newer or older.

I'll leave them to dry during my sleep and see how it goes in the morning
This works excellent! I have done this same cleaning method for my ce2 r4s but I did do a dry burn afterwards till the coil burned red. Makes them last a heck of alot longer I tell ya!

michaelcly

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Atlantic Beach, FL
and ive asked and its fine to use a regular kr808 charger , i use one all the time

I do too. There's one at goodprophets on sale for 11.99. I have one like it and it works fine. But the red light doesn't go out when done charging. The battery light gets dim to let you know. I also charge standard joye 510 batts on it with an 808d-1 to 510 bat adapter. I use the 510 bat and bloog cartos ... Works great.
NOTE: the charger must say 808/808d-1. They charge at 200 ma which the experts told me is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread