Blotto single coil wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyMan1

Dec 28, 2018
Having problem wicking my blotto without it leaking.
I'm using a single coil fused clapton 0.3ohm (3.0 6 wraps 26g) also have 0.25ohm 24g.

Well I'm using cottin bacon and I try to get the most amount of cotton I can through the hole and also tried fluffing it out but its like its not enough cotton still to block the exceptionally wide juice ports enough. The only way ive got it to not leak (today) is by tearing off a couple little extra pieces of cotton and sticking them in the juice ports to help block them more but idk how good that'll work. No dry hit so far but I haven't used it much today yet.

Any tips? I thought of trying dual coil so that theres just more amount of cotton but with my size coils I think I can only fit 1 anyway. Would rather just do a single pieces of cotton.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I'm using a single coil fused clapton 0.3ohm (3.0 6 wraps 26g) also have 0.25ohm 24g.

Well I'm using cottin bacon and I try to get the most amount of cotton I can through the hole and also tried fluffing it out but its like its not enough cotton still to block the exceptionally wide juice ports enough. The only way ive got it to not leak (today) is by tearing off a couple little extra pieces of cotton and sticking them in the juice ports to help block them more but idk how good that'll work. No dry hit so far but I haven't used it much today yet.

Any tips? I thought of trying dual coil so that theres just more amount of cotton but with my size coils I think I can only fit 1 anyway. Would rather just do a single pieces of cotton.

I run my blotto with a 3mm inner diameter coil, and it really comes to life flavor wise in my opinion with a single coil built that way. It will leak mind you, but there is a little cheat you can do to stop it. Take a small amount of cotton and stuff on both sides of your wicking. I picked that up from a reviewer on youtube and it works.

The way I do it is once I get the coil itself wicked and the ends of the wick are placed in the juice channels, I moved the wick over to one side and put a small wad of cotton on one side. Then I push the cotton over to the wad of cotton side and place some on the other side. I've tried the blotto with dual coils and while the flavor is decent it's nothing compared to having a single coil in the middle.

If you go to 3.5mm it does seem to be just enough cotton to keep it from leaking but flavor is so much better with a 3mm coil.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Leaking is almost always due to wicks being too short, and too long leading to dry hits.
I have the Blotto mini with two coils and found some experimentation was required to get the right wick length.

Why does my Tank Leak and what can I do about it? | E-Cigarette Forum

bKDn41n.jpg

JAKEfromMAINE

Nov 19, 2018

Any tips? I thought of trying dual coil so that theres just more amount of cotton but with my size coils I think I can only fit 1 anyway. Would rather just do a single pieces of

Try running a 3.5mm - 4.0mm coil. That little bit of extra wicking required could make the difference. not to mention there's plenty of room for a big single coil since it really is a dual coil rta. Good luck and Happy Vaping

Reactions: Gurilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread