Status
Not open for further replies.

klutzyleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
1. The battery lasted 1-2 hours for me depending on how much I vaped. I also went through 2 carts a day.

2. Throat hit... hmmm.... not really there for the prefilled carts you're getting. They are okay, I guess, but really using different liquid is the way to go. You can either fill carts with it(you can buy blanks from volcano), drip on the exposed atty bridge or dip the bridge(easiest). I'm actually going to say this goes into your #3 question. The best way to get the Blu to perform at its peak is to buy liquid.

I loved my Blu when I got it. I love my 510 more now that i have it, but my Blu definitely will still have it's place here. Make sure you don't take a hit off of it like an analog though... you'll get no vapor or TH. You need to take a longer, gentler hit. I hope this helps you out even a little... I'm pretty new as well, but this was my experience with Blu. :)

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Make sure you don't take a hit off of it like an analog though... you'll get no vapor or TH. You need to take a longer, gentler hit.

Good call! First thing to learn when picking it up - play the game of "drag just hard enough to keep the light on" hee hee. If I remember right, the menthol and classic tobacco carts had the best TH (though I wasn't too keen on the CT flavor).

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
Thanks for the help.

it seems that dipping/dripping would be hard to do on the road or at work. At the house it would not be an issue.

I think i will try the filler mod, it looks easy(youtube), and allows different flavors.

Out of the two fillers, the blue filter stuff or the lipton tea bag, which one is better/safer. Has anyone had burning issues with either of these media?

Thanks again

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
I use the lipton tea bag (PTB) - might be a marginal 5-10 seconds extra to prepare the cart, but I hear the blu foam makes flavors taste kinda funny. Haven't had any issues with burning, the nylon looks good as new and if I wanna use the same cart for a different flavor - just rinse out the cart and the PTB and good as new. Be interested to hear how you find it best to use the PTB in 'em.

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
Blu Effed me! Seems i am going to have to wait 4+weeks for blu so i cancelled after never getting a straight answer on shipping. So i need some recommendations...(i have been doing research but there is so many different opinions)

What i am looking for(maybe something similar to blu but better)
1. Travel friendly
2. PCC
3. refillable cartridges
4. not to big
5. A good place to order from (fast shipping, good customer service, fair price)

Anyone have good experience with revolver, seems real similar to blu

Thanks for any help.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
510's are travel-able, there's a PCC, carts are easily refillable (and bigger than Blu), but they're about the length of 100's, and good quick places are: cignot and I got mine from strictly.

Heard decent things about Revolver and their PCC is "smart" which is good.

Honestly though, small for me isn't all I cracked up to be. A little bigger is better and the functionality more than makes up for it...and a 510 still looks a good bit like an analog compared to a big battery mod.

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
I am honestly overwhelmed and dont know what to get, all my research on this site results in very different opinions.

What is a good beginner ecig to look at?

Moderately priced, refillable, long lasting, not small but not a monster.

What is benefits of manual vs auto.

I really like the volcano but am consider the 510 from vaporlites.com, the starter kit comes with a lot of stuff all in one package, pcc, 3 chargers, liquid, and 10 cartridges.

Any thoughts?

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
That actually looks like a pretty good deal! People usually recommend the $35 starter kit but that doesn't come with the PCC ($18 shipped), juice (30ml so around $15 value or more), car and USB charger.

I don't consider the 510 a monster by any means, and I would definitely go for the manual batteries.

Automatic batteries are just too finicky and while it sounds cool that they activate when you draw on 'em, I personally find that to be more of a hassle than just adjusting the way you hold 'em so that you activate the button and get just the draw you want each time.

Volcano is cool, it's Blu with different marketing and waay better customer service/shipping plus I hear the carts are better.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go for either the 510 kit you saw or a KR808 kit - these two have to be popular for a reason.

But I'm not you, and I would feel awful if you got a 510 or KR8 and the size or style just bugged you to no end no matter how good the vape.

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
dan what do you vape on?

I have decided between kr808 or 510 just dont know pros/cons
what you think?

Puresmoke has 808 that looks like a good deal, and they have a 10pack of flavors too. just need a pcc

That 510 looks like a great deal. have you dealt with either puresmoke or vaporlites?

All i realy looking for is a decent product that is fairly simple, and will get me off of cigs. From researching, easy to refill long, lasting battery, good for noobies.

Thanks

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I am honestly overwhelmed and dont know what to get, all my research on this site results in very different opinions.

What is a good beginner ecig to look at?

Moderately priced, refillable, long lasting, not small but not a monster.

What is benefits of manual vs auto.

I really like the volcano but am consider the 510 from vaporlites.com, the starter kit comes with a lot of stuff all in one package, pcc, 3 chargers, liquid, and 10 cartridges.

Any thoughts?
My opinion after many many purchases and a year of vaping is that the best starter kit is the VaporKing at Vapor4Life:: Because it's your life :: Electronic Cigarettes & Alternatives to Smoking It's simple. It's the right size, and it is a great e cig with little fuss and no bother.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Sherid's got much more experience than I do, and V4L is by all accounts a great supplier. Don't worry about cartomizers vs. carts, cartomizers are quite refillable.

I vape on a 510 and I've got eGo/Tornado batteries on the way so I can stop carrying two batteries when I'm out and stop having to remember to charge one all the time.

Personally, I have not dealt with either puresmoke (unless you mean puresmoker) or vaporlites. If you meant puresmoker, you can see what people have to say here

The way I see it, starting with either one will be great, so just dive in...after making sure your chosen supplier is on the up and up and has a good warranty and customer service feedback.....and don't stress :)

I also like my blu, I even like some of the cartridge flavors, vivid vanilla is great and classic tobacco is great too. But I started buying juices and using the 'drip method' for it and it works great. I was a light smoker anyway to begin with, and I have to credit blu for getting me off real cigs. I just can't deal with them anymore with the long wait times, so I have a volcano on order, and they do have great customer service with refillable carts, and a lot of different pre-filled carts. I also own a 510 which I got from myPVshop.com Electronic Cigarettes - Joye510 Electronic Cigarette Kits mypvshop.com is one of the best vendors I've used, great customer service, great prices and lighting fast shipping. I switch between the blu and 510, and I think they are both great e-cigs in their own way.

Scry

Jan 28, 2010
North Hollywood
Still using my Blu, although I only purchase Volcano stuff for replacements now. Pre-filled carts are about 70% of the cost Blu charges you (bought in packs of 10 or 25, Blu only lets you buy 25), they wick better, and last longer. I bought one Volcano atomizer as well and though it gets hotter than the two Blus I have, the throat hit is much better. Carts fit a little loose on it, but oh well. I have two Volcano batteries as well after one of my Blu batts went bad. So far they're reliable, although occasionally even after being plugged into the USB charger for 3-4 hours, they'll be dead like they were when I plugged them in, but charge them again and they're fine. I think this has to do with a defect in Volcano/Blu's "safe" chargers (both companies use these now), that cause them to think the batts are fully charged even when they're not. The PCC from Blu actually seems to charge better and faster (reliably, at least).

All in all, for a starter ecig I think Volcano is a great way to go. It feels more natural to vape as if I was actually smoking, without having to worry about pushing buttons and dripping liquid into cartridges. I think it's hard to argue that people who want the actual act of vaping to "feel" like they were smoking an analog, that Blu/Volcano don't deliver on that.

I just wish battery life was better... can anyone suggest automatic batteries compatible with the L88 that have better life?

Last edited:

Schmoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Oklahoma
I did clean two blu atty's this weekend. I used the simple clean boiling water technique and must say, what a difference. Was having trouble with one of them, but the cleaning cured that right up. I will say that the blu carts don't wick as well as I'd like them to. I mean, when I can't seem to get enough pull on it, I'll take out the cart and notice that it's still half full and will have to top it off to get back to where I want the hit to me. But, as with everything else in life, you got to figure out what works for you and plan around it.

NewBlu

Feb 18, 2010
Houston
just got my vapor4life vapor king in today... it is an awesome kit.

Pros: I am very satisfied with Vapor4life's service, got my ultimate kit in on the third day(fast). Also got 5 free carts. Pass through is awesome, no comment on battery life, or pcc, but all chargers are functioning as far as i can tell.

Cons: I did not get an operating manual, which is not a problem becuz this website is awesome and has one. Packaging did not seem adequate for shipping, my package was wrapped in bubble wrap and that was it, but no damage to any components, so not really a con..

I ordered some samples too so, i am trying them out, so here is my first review. All flavors 36mg.

Red Cow...Ok, taste like hookah w/ hint of red bul
Kamel...Ok, reminds me of a hookah period
Green tea...Good, actually tastes like an arizona
Doc pep...ok, taste more like mr pibb
cappucino...ok, taste like kamel but a little different
Cola... ok, tastes like wal mart cola

surprised how they all taste like a hookah... they must use same flavors

Not sure if i want to order juice yet, might try some more carts.

I will follow up in a few days w/ more detailed opinion of the products, and how the different flavors grow on me. but i am digging the buzz

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread