Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
I am honestly overwhelmed and dont know what to get, all my research on this site results in very different opinions.

What is a good beginner ecig to look at?

Moderately priced, refillable, long lasting, not small but not a monster.
What is benefits of manual vs auto.
I really like the volcano but am consider the 510 from vaporlites.com, the starter kit comes with a lot of stuff all in one package, pcc, 3 chargers, liquid, and 10 cartridges.
Any thoughts?

Hi! I'm another ecig newbie and I just got my 510 setup this weekend.

The 510 does have a little bit of a learning curve to get used to filling the carts, getting the draw down just right so you get taste and vapor without kicking your ... (I was an ultra light / light menthol smoker, so heavy TH wasn't really the thing for me as much was flavor and sheer enjoyment).

I like my 510 quite a bit, but I also did a fair amount of research on the Volcano, which is the exact same model as the Blu.

I think Volcano has had some shipping problems, but overall I think they've received better reviews and don't have nearly as many order fufillment problems as Blu has.

Check out Volcano. Same product. Tasty carts (some folks really seem to like to pineapple flavor).

The 510s have had some challenges lately, there's a batch of bad attys out there, so if you're looking for something similar there's the DSE 901.

As far as manual vs. automatic... The automatic is more like an analog smoking experience. You don't have to think about pressing a button, you just draw. You also don't have to hold it in a sort of off-putting way (although that doesn't really bother me, personally).

I'd say, the 501 is a good product, the 901 seems to be an equally good product, but if you're looking for something that seems super easy to deal with as a starter model, check out Volcano. :)

(Personally, I'm thinking of ordering a 901 starter kit as a backup to my 501, my boyfriend hasn't made up his mind yet what he wants... )

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
heh.. I hit send too soon..

Positives to a manual battery... it doesnt "go off" in your pocket or purse, or when your dog starts barking, etc. I've read that some of the autos can be triggered by sound or vibration.

As far as liquid goes, I've been vaping the 10mg mint from VT Vapor in the evenings when I'm playing World of Warcraft. It tastes very nice (like doublemint gum), but there are a ton of great juice vendors out there. I just put in my order for Ms T's today.

In the mornings, and during the day it's a stronger 24mg. Clove or tobacco flavor. I also have an order in for Halo Newpure too. :)

boomstick

Feb 7, 2010
wisconsin
My first c-cig was a blu as well. Heh, that didnt last the month. had both my atty's die in the first 2 weeks. got some replacements from volcano cigs since i lived on the same island at the time. A week later both batteries were dead. I wish i had found this forum before that. Got my 901 and im pretty happy with it. Although i am patiently waiting for my GLV to get here. Looking forward to trying out a 5v device.

cheeto_1983

Feb 22, 2010
Texas
Check out the difference in the volcano atty and blu atty...the blu is WAY deeper....

Attachments

• atomizers.jpg
    atomizers.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 202

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
Furius- Electronic-ash.com Also 702s and I believe even 510 atty's re compatable with blue. Dont judge a 510 by that though. It needs a higher drain battery like its own to be truly great.

I agree with a lot of reviews and help from people here. And I also dont. Some people are very very helpful and sweet. Some suck because they are appearently way better then you and they vape only the best. Reminds me of supernintendo in high school When all the "smarter" kids played these cool games. I hated those games and played madden or ninja turtles? Anywho you gotta try things for yourself. I respect lots of opinions around here and some I dont even care to read. But one thing Im not seeing that reall really helped me make judements for myself was longevity of a product and not giving up. I hated my blu at first but I truly believe most atty's have break in periods. Not all are great right away. I just kept at it. I didnt get enough vapor and TH sucked from my blu. Kept chuggin along. kept vaping it even though I hated then one day something popped or happened and it started really producing some vapor copious amounts. Just awesome now. My atty finally died after a few months but It was my favorite. I also find this happened on some others. And som it didnt. So I always give my e cigs more then enough chances to prove themselves.

Now the holy grail 510, 901, and all those are absolutley popular for a reason. These are great e cigs. They take a little getting use to and hardley look like real cigs so they turn people off. But they work great. Only had two attys for each but love them. The dse 601 e pipe is nice for relaxing but I hate the atty never worked remotley as good as some. But Like I said make a purchase and take a chance. Many vendors are trusted on here. In the supplier link they are there for a reason because they have proved themselves some ways. You gotta chance it though. The only way to go. Lots have return policies but hardly enough to get a true assestment before you cant return it. so watch that.

There are great advice to be had here so listen. For me I find that what most people like I dont like. And what most people dislike I like. So its all relative. I have speant lots of money and lots of time buying things and testing. Multiple vendors ans juices and e cigs. Found ones I like and stuck with them. So give everything a chance, if you think you will like it chances are you will. Nobody knows what you will like better then yourself.

Best Advice I can give is, try what you think is best. And guide yourself through your purchases with reviews and posts on things your intrested everywhere on this forum. Read through more things then just reviews and model specific. And read all posts dont go to the end right away. I think if everyone gave things a chance around here some would be alot happier or maybe not? but lifes all good. The best part of this is the testing process. Its fun! Welcome to the new hobby and better healthier life. Anyone needs anything PM me.

hey just a fewquestions.
so far i love my blu, i know its my first e cig but im lovin it, i m experiencing no problems as of now but am wondering how i can keep the life of this ecig sustained? how can i clean my blu atomizer? i drip with the cartridges, i use the halo e liquid and its great! freedom juice and a free 10 ml bottle of newpure i just got. if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated

As a Blu user myself, I recommend you get an extra battery (for a total of three) ASAP. I had one of mine to go bad a little over a month after I got it, and now I think my PCC has a problem too.

My other recommendation is to order from Blu well before you need things. I found out today that Blu does not ship directly from Charlotte, NC. They use Mail Express, which for me adds a minimum of 4 days to shipping times. My last order was on 4/6/10, my CC was billed on 4/8/10, it sat around somewhere for 2 days before Mail Express received it in Atlanta, GA on 4/10/10. It then took another 2 days for Mail Express to get it to the USPS. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. I know that does not sound like a long time, but I have vendors for my business that are in Charlotte that ship via UPS and USPS and I receive orders from them in 1 day. I recieive shipments from Atlanta, GA in 2 days.

The other reason for ordering before you need it is so you don't have to deal with their customer support, which I currently rate at 2 out of 5 stars.

I love my Blu Kit and the flavor of their carts, but their customer support and shipping issues are ANNOYING and will cause me to switch brands at some point.

PLEASE, don't reply with what brand I should switch to! There are multiple brands of E-cigs and analogs for a reason..... because everyone like something different.

Not all are great right away. I just kept at it. I didnt get enough vapor and TH sucked from my blu. Kept chuggin along. kept vaping it even though I hated then one day something popped or happened and it started really producing some vapor copious amounts. Just awesome now. My atty finally died after a few months but It was my favorite. I also find this happened on some others.

I noticed the same thing with my Blu. I chalked it up to the atty needing to be broken in or me learning to use it.... or maybe both. It is nice to know ahead of time that this happens with other types as well.

Froglegs

Mar 31, 2010
Cottageville, SC
Check out the difference in the volcano atty and blu atty...the blu is WAY deeper....

I just ordered 3 attys from Volcano for my Blu and the Volcanoes are the ones that are much deeper. There must be no consistency to either of the companies since they're getting the goods from the same manufacturer. Maybe it's based upon which particular worker created whatever batch that day. Who knows?

I'm determined to make this Blu/Volcano work well for me. I LOVE the size and weight. They're not horrible (for my wants), but do need some tweaking. Not giving up on these pretty little babies just yet.

Froglegs

Mar 31, 2010
Cottageville, SC
As a Blu user myself, I recommend you get an extra battery (for a total of three) ASAP. I had one of mine to go bad a little over a month after I got it, and now I think my PCC has a problem too.

My other recommendation is to order from Blu well before you need things. I found out today that Blu does not ship directly from Charlotte, NC. They use Mail Express, which for me adds a minimum of 4 days to shipping times. My last order was on 4/6/10, my CC was billed on 4/8/10, it sat around somewhere for 2 days before Mail Express received it in Atlanta, GA on 4/10/10. It then took another 2 days for Mail Express to get it to the USPS. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. I know that does not sound like a long time, but I have vendors for my business that are in Charlotte that ship via UPS and USPS and I receive orders from them in 1 day. I recieive shipments from Atlanta, GA in 2 days.

The other reason for ordering before you need it is so you don't have to deal with their customer support, which I currently rate at 2 out of 5 stars.

I love my Blu Kit and the flavor of their carts, but their customer support and shipping issues are ANNOYING and will cause me to switch brands at some point.

PLEASE, don't reply with what brand I should switch to! There are multiple brands of E-cigs and analogs for a reason..... because everyone like something different.

Thank you for this post. I agree 100%! I just got in two new batteries because one was DOA straight out of the kit. Talk about a GRR! moment. Now I too have 3 batteries and I think vaping heaven is in my future. :D

I bought my Blu in May and have QUIT analogs after 45+ years! That alone is a miracle - the only time I fell off was when I waited too long to re-order cartridges. I must say, that my experience with Blu Customer Service was fine - my original order came fast and when there was a shipping delay with the cartridges the customer service person I dealt with was very helpful and courteous.

I spend quite a bit of time reading posts on this forum and am very grateful that it's here! I continue to learn a lot and I seem to need a lot of support since this is all very new still.

Good luck to all of you and I second the advice - if you like it then it's fine!

NOW TO MY ATTY CLEANING QUESTION ... does anything need to be dis-assembled or do you just submerge the whole atty in the water or Crest Pro Blue mouthwash? And when do know you need to clean it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread