BLU vs Insyde

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
I am noticing a lot of chain stores in my area are now carrying both brands. I used BLU for a while but it did not satisfy my cravings at all which is what lead me down the path to "real" vaping. But can anyone tell me if they have tried both brands and what they think? Thanks!

Edit: I use a Vamo V5 and my backups are two Vision Spinner 2's so I'm not asking for myself. I am curious to find information to help my friends who want to quit smoking.

Last edited:

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi and welcome! To be totally honest to quit smoking I recommend a vaporizer battery like a vision twist 2 or vision twist or a ego c twist all these mentioned are veriable voltage and volts can be turned up or down to really bring out the flavor of your juices. Much more vapor is produced and batteries last all day. Yes I've tried blu but it was a very frustrating experience. I could not get enough vapor to satisfy. Batteries died very fast. And by using a vaporizer you have hundreds of choices of juice flavors for half the cost of the carts. I have not tried the other cigalike brand you mentioned but I urge you to look into vaporizers and see what you think. The day I got my vaporizer was the day I quit smoking. Take a look online at the above mentioned vaporizers and see what you think. If you don't want a vaporizer and must have a cigalike I urge you not to get blu. They don't last long or produce much vapor. I hope this helps and wish you the very best.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I don't know what they are, but nearly all cig-a-likes are limited. Even the best ones are barely much use unless you can keep them charged up and pumping out some decent vapour (and nicotine...)

Simply looking at the product should be enough to answer the question. The cig-a-like form factor limits performance in 95% of cases.

I try all the new ones (UK), and they are all the same.... utter rubbish.

Only the e-roll and the Kanger 808 PCC kit and maybe a Joyetech 510 with boge cartos makes a worthwhile vape... and they are only up at 6 watts or so max.

ironmunky

Mar 7, 2011
Kannapolis NC
Greetings my friend, ^ what she said.
There are a lot of personal vaporizers out there, and a lot of goods ones. But I HAVE to recommend the MVP v2. If you have the patients you can order online for $40. If you have more money than patients you can go to a local vape store and get one for around $70. TBH it's well worth the $70 at the vape store. Try it, you will love it. Blu, insyde, and those other cigalikes brands are a double edge sword, they get some smokers to give vaping a try which is great. But they also, well, suck, which sends a lot of people back to smoking cigarettes and writing off vaping.

You get a good vaporizer and I promise you you want look back. Good luck my friend, and happy vaping!

What area do you live in, maybe a member can help you find a good vape shop in your area.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
Thanks everyone for the quick replies and the Welcomes!

I graduated from BLU a while back and am now using a Vamo V5. I'm asking more for my friends interested in trying to quit smoking but not ready for the complications of mods/rebuildable tanks, etc.

BLU just didn't do it for me but let me tell you, they are far superior to the Smoke 51 units I tried back in 2008! Nothing better than buying a starter kit from a mall kiosk and then said kiosk dissapearing.

ironmunky

Mar 7, 2011
Kannapolis NC
Thanks everyone for the quick replies and the Welcomes!

I graduated from BLU a while back and am now using a Vamo V5. I'm asking more for my friends interested in trying to quit smoking but not ready for the complications of mods/rebuildable tanks, etc.

BLU just didn't do it for me but let me tell you, they are far superior to the Smoke 51 units I tried back in 2008! Nothing better than buying a starter kit from a mall kiosk and then said kiosk dissapearing.

Mods and tanks aren't that complicated, give your friends a little more credit lol. I say get a second V5 or another mod as a back up for yourself and if a friend is interested in vaping let them hang onto one for a day or two. Just make sure it's ready to go, personally I'd let them use the better one, just to make sure they have the best possible experience.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Nicks, no reason to jump straight to RBAs or RDAs, if your buddies aren't quite on board yet. I've been vaping quite contentedly with VV3s and MVP2's topped with EVOD/Mini PT2/Aro tanks. I'm not ready for rebuilding (although I'm starting to collect my coil guts to get prepared :lol:) I have a Vision Spinner as another backup (ya know, backups of your backup's backups ;) ) I get plenty sufficient vapor and flavor (typically 50/50 juices). I like the VV3s as they're not cumbersome. LOVE the MVP2 for its battery life, but both are pass-throughs. (USB ports on my computers at work and home; USB adapter for my car's cigarette lighter port....)

Everyone's experiences will be different. I'm certainly not dissing ironmunky (or anyone who loves to rebuild) in any way, shape or form. I may get to rebuildables someday (sooner rather than later?) but I've been able to enjoy not smoking regular cigarettes for just over 2 months now. Educating oneself is the entire key to the whole shootin' match. Help them to find all the available options - they'll be able to decide what will work for them. Had I educated myself better, I would have skipped over a couple of the starter-type devices (including cig-a-likes, as they just didn't cut it for me). That may have allowed my budget to have some fluff room for a mech mod and rebuildable sooner????

Cheers!

ironmunky

Mar 7, 2011
Kannapolis NC
Nicks, no reason to jump straight to RBAs or RDAs, if your buddies aren't quite on board yet. I've been vaping quite contentedly with VV3s and MVP2's topped with EVOD/Mini PT2/Aro tanks. I'm not ready for rebuilding (although I'm starting to collect my coil guts to get prepared :lol:) I have a Vision Spinner as another backup (ya know, backups of your backup's backups ;) ) I get plenty sufficient vapor and flavor (typically 50/50 juices). I like the VV3s as they're not cumbersome. LOVE the MVP2 for its battery life, but both are pass-throughs. (USB ports on my computers at work and home; USB adapter for my car's cigarette lighter port....)

Everyone's experiences will be different. I'm certainly not dissing ironmunky (or anyone who loves to rebuild) in any way, shape or form. I may get to rebuildables someday (sooner rather than later?) but I've been able to enjoy not smoking regular cigarettes for just over 2 months now. Educating oneself is the entire key to the whole shootin' match. Help them to find all the available options - they'll be able to decide what will work for them. Had I educated myself better, I would have skipped over a couple of the starter-type devices (including cig-a-likes, as they just didn't cut it for me). That may have allowed my budget to have some fluff room for a mech mod and rebuildable sooner????

Cheers!

HEY! HEY! HEY! now, talking about my MVP is like talking about my favorite sports team! We'll be brawling my friend!
lol just joking, but in a lot of ways it's true, I love this little guy, thinking about naming it!

Just realized your main concern with the MVP v2 was it's size. I forget I'm 6'4 and 300 pounds, it looks tiny to me lol.

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
HEY! HEY! HEY! now, talking about my MVP is like talking about my favorite sports team! We'll be brawling my friend!
lol just joking, but in a lot of ways it's true, I love this little guy, thinking about naming it!

Just realized your main concern with the MVP v2 was it's size. I forget I'm 6'4 and 300 pounds, it looks tiny to me lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm no "dainty, delicate flower" by ANY stretch of the imagination :D However, short hair and pretty broad shoulders often get me a "sir" - which is COMPLETELY inappropriate LMAO.

I love both my VV3s and my MVP2s. I get a lot of "12-oz curls" when hefting my MVP, though. The VV3 is weightless by comparison. I was just saying that I would have skipped the Spinner and a couple of other starters and just jumped on the innokin bandwagon. I haven't braved rebuilding yet - kanthal and some sort of wick is pretty inexpensive. Just want to get my hands on a good ohmmeter (I've seen a couple online that I'm eyeing) before I take the plunge. (I have a degree in electrical engineering, and I know "electrical things can go bad" if one doesn't do due diligence.) (Ha ha - I said "do due")

Also just saying that people can have great experiences with stock equipment too, if they do a little homework first. I have a buddy of mine (my former smoking buddy) whom I've let try some of my stuff. We got him setup with a basic battery and an assortment of tanks to try on for size. We sit in our offices and compare the "Flavor of the Day" - flavor(s) in my case ;)

btw, my MVP is named "Rosebud"

I'ma just keep vaping and sometimes stick my nose in where it doesn't belong ;) I'm just happy to read about everyone's experiences - helps guide me down my future path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread