Boba's, 555, Gorilla Juice: First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
Just got my first AVE order in hand today, comprising of Boba's, Gorilla Juice, and 555 (all at 24 mg)...loaded up a carto of each (fresh Vision dccs which also arrived with order and are thus far performing well) ((on an 18650 Bolt)) and have been testing them out. First impressions:

Love the 555, and I don't generally care for the 555-type juices in general. But I had read that AVE's take on it is somewhat of a black-sheep which carves it's own little delicious "nuttyless" corner in FiveFiveFiveLand. I have to concur, this is a really tasty juice which is thankfully free of any of that crappy "nutty" component so prevalent in the class. Find myself heavily gravitating towards this juice (and a bit lamentful of the fact that of the three, this is the one i only ordered 18 ml of (hey, i was skeered due to collosal previous triple-five misadventure). Love the TH, turns my tonsils into punching bags :D.

Gorilla Juice is interesting and good...so far it has been one of those "multiple personality" juices, revealing different elements every time i switch to it. To me this is always the sign of a well-balanced blend. Fortunately every element is good...quite good, in fact. As of now it seems like GJ will be more of a binge vape (which is by no means a lesser status, just different...i usually binge entire bottles) then a daily-rotation selection but that could easily change as we become better acquainted. Like the 555, this one will definitely be a re-order. Nanners!

Boba's: Didn't really assault my taste buds with a ChuckNorrisRoundhouseKick of flavor, but i was not expecting it to...have read far too many accounts of this juice's polite softspokeness upon first introductions to rely on any initial impression as being the entirety of the BB picture..i do find it very pleasant but am going to forgo any further opinionizing for the moment, and spend some more time with it. I do get a feeling that more will be revealed with this juice, but that's likely more the result of it's reputation preceding it than anything else (not to imply that the juice doesn't present an offer of promise, it assuredly does...it's just that i'd be lying if i claimed that my long-abused tasting circuitry would have picked up on that promise for certain, had i not known of it ahead of time).

Three very worthy juices, all excellent vapor/TH producers, at least two rapidly mobilizing towards upper-level positions in my heirarchy-o'-juice (and three if BB ends up capturing my heart as it has so many). Nice blendin', AVE!

Last edited:

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
if you can, order a bottle of rafalicious before its gone. Its a real treat. Also try the flue cured and blend 4. havanna gold is starting to grow on me as well.

I had raflicious in my cart but since it's destined to become unavailable I didn't want to go through the heartbreak if I ended up loving it. I may break down and order some today, if there's any left. Will definitely make the rounds with all the others, and Hype as well...sounds tasty.

knivesout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
MT
I found the 555 a little bland and "dry" as well. Had a little remaining GJ to mix with it (after seeing the mixing thread) and it's a little more to my tastes now. Still can't quite get over the Boba's though, it's so good! Also found the blend 4 to be quite good. Still have a little C&D or gamel to try as well.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I too have found my 555 sample to be bland ... did you folks order it recently as well? Could it be a bad batch? I was kind of surprised since the other flavors I ordered (Boba's, Blend 4, Gamel, Havana Gold) were so powerful. 555 tastes a little bit like li hing mui, if anyone knows what that is, but very faint flavor.

Seems out of character compared to the others.

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
I too have found my 555 sample to be bland ... did you folks order it recently as well? Could it be a bad batch? I was kind of surprised since the other flavors I ordered (Boba's, Blend 4, Gamel, Havana Gold) were so powerful. 555 tastes a little bit like li hing mui, if anyone knows what that is, but very faint flavor.

Seems out of character compared to the others.

Li hing mui eh? Only us Hawaii peeps are going to know what that tastes like.:laugh: You know what really tastes like li hing mui, camel snus mellow flavor does and I used it before for some DIY extraction.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Li hing mui eh? Only us Hawaii peeps are going to know what that tastes like.:laugh: You know what really tastes like li hing mui, camel snus mellow flavor does and I used it before for some DIY extraction.

For real yeah? :laugh: Do you get any li hing flavor in 555?

Oh by the way a great thing about AVE is it gets here real quick!

KEITH97M3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
HONOLULU, HAWAII
nu-vapor.com
For real yeah? :laugh: Do you get any li hing flavor in 555?

Oh by the way a great thing about AVE is it gets here real quick!

I haven't vaped any 555 since last year but I will order 1 of each tobacco flavor on my next order just to refresh my memory. Boba's is my one and only vape but sometimes I swear that I can taste some li hing mui in that.:laugh: In fact, I have had a major sore throat since Monday and am eating li hing mui right now.:p

dsc04459z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread