Boba's Bounty steep time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidrino

Sep 21, 2013
Overseas
Maybe it's just me, but out of the mail it was ashy. After a couple of days the tobacco flavor becomes rounder and the ashiness mellows out, after a week all the components combine properly and as far as Gorilla juice goes, the banana becomes sweeter and more prominent but without overpowering the tobacco and "Boba taste" while the ashiness is just barely there and fits in with the other tastes.

As far as I am concerned, after one week you'll be getting the full flavor. Just time your orders appropriately.

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Any idea what AVE's PG/VG ratio is? I had suspected that I have sensitivity to PG and have been vaping juices exclusively that have no less than 40%VG. All has been well for over a month.

So finally i ordered some Bobas Bounty and a couple others from AVE to see what all the praise was about.....

Very first impression of the Bobas was delicious. I see why it's so popular, but upon exhale, that old familiar PG throat irritation is present. Could this just be the "ashiness" described here from not steeping? I just got it today, and I do steep, but always try juices immediately just for a baseline to see how well and long of a steep is required.

tl;dr- How much PG is in AVE's Boba's Bounty?

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Any idea what AVE's PG/VG ratio is? I had suspected that I have sensitivity to PG and have been vaping juices exclusively that have no less than 40%VG. All has been well for over a month.

So finally i ordered some Bobas Bounty and a couple others from AVE to see what all the praise was about.....

Very first impression of the Bobas was delicious. I see why it's so popular, but upon exhale, that old familiar PG throat irritation is present. Could this just be the "ashiness" described here from not steeping? I just got it today, and I do steep, but always try juices immediately just for a baseline to see how well and long of a steep is required.

tl;dr- How much PG is in AVE's Boba's Bounty?

Boba's Bounty is 100% VG.

None of their juices contain PG unless otherwise stated, and only because the specific flavor for that juice may only come in a PG base. I believe their website states that no juices contain more than 10% PG, and the ones that do, have "PG" in the title.

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
Good to know... Thanks. Even 10% shouldn't be an issue then because most of my faves are at least 50%PG.

I guess it's the "ashiness". Maybe the steep will help. I'm not imagining things, it's a dry tickling sensation. Very uncomfortable.

I just got my AVE Boba's Bounty today and I was going to let it steep for a bit but just couldn't wait. Now I see all the fuss. It was really good right out of the bottle but I can also see how it would smooth and gain more of the graham cracker-y goodness after sitting a bit.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
In hindsight, I now realize why I became disillusioned with my last batch of Boba's over a year ago, and why I put that barely used bottle away for so long. It was because I was vaping it on a few very old and worn out 510 dripping attys which simply were not doing the juice justice.

Talk about extreme steeping, I picked up that year-old bottle of Bobas a couple of weeks ago and dripped some into an Igo L currently setup with a sweet microcoil build that's working great. It is a very fine vape. Being over a year old, I thought the juice might be past it's prime, but it's not. It has become extremely mellowed and rounded, and the sweetness and caramel is by far now the most prominent note... it's almost syrupy in nature.

But the point is, while it is tasty in this extreme aged state, I find that I enjoy Boba's more when it's fresher... maybe a week or two steeped. I like the more grainy, cereal, tobacco notes it provides when young, more so than the syrupy sweetness that it matures into after a long steep. But if you like that kind of mellow sweetness, take this report as evidence of what to expect from a long steep of Boba's.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I just got my AVE Boba's Bounty today and I was going to let it steep for a bit but just couldn't wait. Now I see all the fuss. It was really good right out of the bottle but I can also see how it would smooth and gain more of the graham cracker-y goodness after sitting a bit.

Fully agree!!
BB was the very first juice I dripped in a 510 bridgeless atty....now I use an IGO-L.....
It was GREAT right out of the mailbox....but after 2 weeks.....cliche or not....WICKED AWESOME!!!:D
The 100% VG makes BB a bit tough to wick with silica....so I've gone to cotton...and keep it "well-oiled"!!;)
A real rush --- I'm vaping 24mg!!:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread