• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Boca Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
So I finally made it into Boca Vapes today. Kevin, the owner, is the nicest guy. Tried a bunch of his juices, which he makes himself, and bought a few to take home, i'll let everyone know how they turn out. He'll even custom mix for you while you wait. They've got a decent selection of Halo's, eGo's, Lavatubes, cartos, tanks, vivi novas, all the standards, as well as AW IMR batteries and xtar chargers. Really good prices for a B&M, like surprisingly good. He also said he's breaking into rebuildables and will soon stock mesh and wire, which is good for me. He really is the nicest guy though, chatted with me for a solid hour about everything from ecigs to music festivals, taking breaks to cheerfully help the customers strolling in and out (sold one lucky guy his first eGo kit while i was there)

Great experience though and I wish them the best in their business. Check it out if you're in the area, it's right near Yamato and Dixie in north Boca.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
So I finally made it into Boca Vapes today. Kevin, the owner, is the nicest guy. Tried a bunch of his juices, which he makes himself, and bought a few to take home, i'll let everyone know how they turn out. He'll even custom mix for you while you wait. They've got a decent selection of Halo's, eGo's, Lavatubes, cartos, tanks, vivi novas, all the standards, as well as AW IMR batteries and xtar chargers. Really good prices for a B&M, like surprisingly good. He also said he's breaking into rebuildables and will soon stock mesh and wire, which is good for me. He really is the nicest guy though, chatted with me for a solid hour about everything from ecigs to music festivals, taking breaks to cheerfully help the customers strolling in and out (sold one lucky guy his first eGo kit while i was there)

Great experience though and I wish them the best in their business. Check it out if you're in the area, it's right near Yamato and Dixie in north Boca.

Thats a riot, Skud, I was there at 12:30pm,He was a great guy in every way.He has a table of testing juices that he makes next to his puter that shows he is not a (hand you a "smoke 51" kinda guy).I will get back there for sure and hope he grow stronger that a Citizens insurance policy rate.He was nice enough to dissuade against purchase to allow steeping for a juice that I needed for today.I will for sure check his juices out in the near future.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
Just loaded up the iHy with some of Kevin's "Veruca Blue" and I'm impressed! The flavor reminds me of something from my childhood, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Slightly candy-ish with a light finish. And at about $13 for 30ml, the price is beyond reasonable for a B&M. Seriously, stop in to this place, the couches are mad cumfy.

Seebs

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
South Florida
I walked into Boca Vapes this afternoon. I was just going in to buy some extra cartos to tide me over until I get a couple shipments of stuff I ordered a couple days ago; and what happened?

Yup; I spent about an hour just chatting it up with Kevin and his wife. I got to taste a few of his flavors on one of the many units he has available for people to try out. Great little shop. And the service was just incredible; Kevin spent the better part of an hour just shooting the proverbial "you-know-what" with me and handing me prefilled cartos for taste testing.

Never tried to push me to buy anything, never made me feel "inferior" for not having a "top tier" unit (only had a V2 auto with me).

He also offered to custom mix flavors for me while I waited. I live about 15 miles away from the store and will not even think twice about doing the drive up there to give them my business.

All in all; great little place, and great people.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Kevin is a great guy and huge supporter to our local Vape meets! I wish I was in Boca cause I would go a lot if I could. He makes some amazing juices too!

they make the world seem right, in South florida there are commercials of "to take pictures when you fall" and a billboard of ,whocanyou sue .com its sickening.They seem real and upfront, congrats to them.Wish the world had more like em in every way.They truely care.

Seebs

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
South Florida
Gotta bump this one up once more...

I've become sort of a regular at BocaVapes in the past couple months and visit them as often as I can.

Last night was one of those times. I had to drive up to Boca to see a client and once I was done with "business"; it was time for "leisure" so I dropped in at about 7:45. Kevin was just finishing up with a customer and once done; we spent the best part of the next hour just fogging the place up and chatting it up like old chums. I ended up buying an IGO-L from him (he set it up for me) and a bottle of his Speargun Brownies juice (amazing brownie/coffe flavor).

Just as I was about to leave; I asked him about some juices he's been mixing/testing that he says are amazing, but are "tank killers" for the plastic tanks... In all honesty; I just wanted to have a taste of the one he was vaping at the moment and thought he might have a carto with some of it that I could put on my Vamo and taste, but no... He went to his "personal cabinet", pulled out a 10ml bottle that had "AWOL" written on it with sharpie and handed it to me.

I told him I just wanted to give it a taste and that I didn't need a full bottle... And he just said; take it, taste it, enjoy it and let me know what you think... Wouldn't even take money for it... So I ended up buying a metal tank for one of my Vivi Novas so I can try the juice without having molten plastic in my pockets.

All around great store/guy... And his wife is amazing too... They give mom-n-pop shops the good name they deserve.

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Wow, I didn'tt realize he stayed open that late. You can use tank cracking juice in your Igo-l now too. If you don't feel like you are getting enough vapor or it tastes harsh on it, I had to use a 1/16 drill bit and open the air hole some. But I think if you make real low ohm coils then you might not have to. They are nice to use. I also love the Vivi's :).

Seebs

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
South Florida
Yup... They're open till 9 PM which is a great thing for me since I finish tutoring my Boca client at about 7:30 - 8:00. I am definitely going to be buying a couple more IGOs so I can switch flavors on the go. :)

The draw on it is good out of the box. In fact; I do think it's a bit more airy than what I'm used to, but I'll get used to it. Vapor and flavor-wise; it's magnitudes better than anything I've owned so far (cartos and Vivi Novas). The little IGO kicks like a mule too... Let's just say that I haven't coughed like I did last night since I tried my first analog about 25 years ago. This little thing combined with the 24mg juice I got from Kevin made my head spin. It's a good thing I have a nice stash of 18mg and 12mg juices to go to because the 24mg juice on the IGO is definitely too much for me. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread