Boge 3.0 Carto Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
I'm having a problem. I bought these Boge 3.0 cartos from smok Tek. I put the dremel cuts in 5 just like I always do. I use them in the 3ml Liquinator on the Provari as I always did with the Boges and they taste burnt. I tried just an uncut carto without the Liquinator and it tastes burnt. I tried 4.5 - 5.2V and no difference. Don't they wick well enough to keep up or what? They did in the past. I'm bummed.
Any help is appreciated. I know these things worked and should work and don't need to join the newest fanciest carto of the week club.:confused:

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
That's strange. I primarily run Boge 3.0ohm on my Provari at 4.5 all day. I have run them almost dry before I started to get a slight burnt taste. Did you check the Ohms of them? I did get a LR in my 3.0 pack. I filled it thinking it was a 3.0 and when I vaped it tasted burnt, so I metered it and it came in at 1.5ohms.

WalksWithWiFi

ECF Veteran
Agreeing with Pete...
they are not Boges if they are Smok Tech-

also though, i don't know if liberty flights is not selling me Boges or what....(because they do perform better than Smok Tech Cartos)but this last batch of Boges I got from them the filler material doesn't seem as absorbent as it used to be...
The juice just wants to sit on top of the filler forever(i use 70%pg and have never ran into this prob before)

just make sure your juice soaks in forever on those smok tech cartos...then baby them.

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
I saw that Pete and I appreciated it. I started this thread so it would get more exposure and I can get more answers. This isn't rocket science or we wouldn't be doing it. I think you may be right though. I tried just dripping with one and it didn't seem to wick.
BTW, I got 1 to work out of 3 so far. I put Brandy and Coke in to numb the pain. I know it's 10 o'clock somewhere but I promised to behave today for "her" family reunion so no boozin :D

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
Agreeing with Pete...
they are not Boges if they are Smok Tech-

also though, i don't know if liberty flights is not selling me Boges or what....(because they do perform better than Smok Tech Cartos)but this last batch of Boges I got from them the filler material doesn't seem as absorbent as it used to be...
The Juice just wants to sit on top of the filler forever(i use 70%pg and have never ran into this prob before)

just make sure your juice soaks in forever on those smok tech cartos...then baby them.

They are Smok Tek and I think there are 2 companies that have really close to the same name.

Baby them? Damn, I do this to pamper myself not pamper the machine ;D

Last edited:

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
That's strange. I primarily run Boge 3.0ohm on my Provari at 4.5 all day. I have run them almost dry before I started to get a slight burnt taste. Did you check the Ohms of them? I did get a LR in my 3.0 pack. I filled it thinking it was a 3.0 and when I vaped it tasted burnt, so I metered it and it came in at 1.5ohms.

2.9-3.0 That is so cool to have that capability with the Provari. I don't know if other VV's can do that.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Actually, I'm talking about a supplier website called Smoktek. Welcome to SmokTek - The Better Smoking Alternative He's a local guy so I thought I'd throw some business his way. I know there is a company called Smoktech that also makes carto's like the Dual-Coil. The "Boges" from Smoktek (confusing I know) have "Smoktek" engraved on the side. The one thing I know for sure is that they are slightly thinner because I use Boges on Map Tanks that I carefully dremel out the caps on so that Boge carto's fit snuggly in. When I received the carto's from Smoktek, they slide right through.

yeagercody

Aug 21, 2011
Reno
Smoke Tek 3.0's kick ... on my Big Kazoo. Just use a 18g needle with a ml of juice to poke around and fill from bottom then 1/2 mil refills when it gets a litlle dry. all other cartos taste burnt to me at 5v was so glad to find these...also others got so hot ut cracked my liquinator tank. Got a J-tank on the way My liquinator lasted about 8 min and i was sucking juice like a straw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread