Boge 510 Cartomizers with El Toro Puros (24mg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ147

May 30, 2012
Plymouth
Hi there, I am using the El Toro Puros as my all day vape with Boge 510 Carto's with a JC Vea.I have noticed that my carto's are not lasting very long at all before they die.

Usually less than a day before I get that awfull burnt taste.Is this a common thing with the thicker e-liquids and is there another option rather than than the boge 510's?

I am using this at work to I need something I can prefill to last the day.

Any help, much appreciated.

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
What percentage of pg/vg is your liquid,Tim. Most any carto has a shorter lifespan with high VG liquid.

Try making sure that you are filling the carto completely on the first fill. I use a syringe,load it to the 1ml mark, and make sure I get it all in there.

Even using Bobas (100 %VG) I get at least three days out of a carto.

You could always try a carto tank, they seem to make cartos last a lot longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Could anyone give me some help with this please?

Hi Tim
Welcome to ECF
Are ya' liking that Vea? I'm a fan of Johnson Creek's juice but already had a pv when they came out with the Vea.
As for cartos, here's what I do:
Cartos need to stay wet to last longer. Mine last 5-7 days. I keep 3-5 cartos filled all the time. I use them in rotation. When the one I'm vaping gets a little dry, I take it off the battery, drop a few drops in & set it aside to soak. Then I pick up a carto that was previously soaking & put it on my battery & vape away. That way my cartos never run dry & they last a long time. This method even works with 100% vg juice.
You could fill up 3 cartos to take to work with you & that way you would be good all day.
Hope this helps
Enjoy & keep comin back

TimJ147

May 30, 2012
Plymouth
Thanks alot for the help.I think the Vea is very good.Both the batterys last over 24 hours each time I charge them which is plenty for my needs.The El Toro juice I am using is 50%vg and 50% pg.I see a carto tank is mentioned above, would this work with my Vea and a 510 thread?I have not heard of one before so could someone explain them to me.

Many thanks again for all the help.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Tim and welcome to ECF. The first fill of a carto is VERY IMPORTANT even if being used in a tank. It must be fully saturated otherwise the coil/ element will burn out or the filler/ stuffing will get a horrible burnt taste= toss it. Note when pushing carto down into condom of juice key is to do it VERY SLOWLY. Here's a vid

I am using is 50%vg and 50% pg.I see a carto tank is mentioned above, would this work with my Vea and a 510 thread?I have not heard of one before so could someone explain them to me.
Yes they would as long as they're 510 thread.
I first began with Boge cartos, next Smok Teck 1.7 cartos, next carto+tank and now clearomizers. When using a carto and keeping it wet they lasted 1 week. With a carto and tank the carto lasted 2 weeks BUT it also depends on your juice. I vape 60/ 40 PG/ VG.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread