boge carto taste bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrc60

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2010
Greenville, SC, USA
I bought a box of Boge 510 LR's last month and every single one of them has had a foul taste. It took forever to burn it out of the one I am retiring today and the new one is foul too. Though I like them I cannot afford to waste money like this and will have to go back to the standard cartos. But I'm putting you manufacturers on notice...I won't waste money for too long before I just give it up altogether!

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
It's funny, but I've never had a problem with the boges either. I've had maybe 1 or 2 doa's after using them for about a year and a half. The flavor and air flow has never been an issue. I have had issues with other brands of cartos though. I guess your carto choice is just like juice choices. What works for some people doesn't always work for others.

myrc60

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2010
Greenville, SC, USA
Strange, I haven't gotten a bad one yet. Did they taste bad right out of the box?

I actually switched to attys...the only time I'm going to use cartos is in a tank

The only time I used attys was the 2 that came with my 1st kit. Didn't like and found cartos to be the easiest to deal with.

The 510 LRs were bad right out of the box...you can almost smell it when you take the plastic off before any liquid is added. I've given up on the one I opened yesterday and have opened the last one in that box today...added a few drops of liquid and it just sits on the top unabsorbed going on 10 mins. or more now.

It's funny, but I've never had a problem with the boges either. I've had maybe 1 or 2 doa's after using them for about a year and a half. The flavor and air flow has never been an issue. I have had issues with other brands of cartos though. I guess your carto choice is just like juice choices. What works for some people doesn't always work for others.

I assume Boge's like much of the pieces are manufactured in China. I don't have very kind words for them right now and then to think of the trade deficit...well I'm just disgusted. I had some SmokTech DCC's several months back that only 1 or 2 in the box weren't DOA and now these Boge's. I wouldn't mind if 1 or 2 in the box were DOA but at the rate of 4 of 5 I just can't justify buying these anymore. YMMV definitely applies!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I buy my Wife boge SS 3.2ohm cartos, every month from Madvapes. I fill them at 25 drops. It takes a little patience, or just flick the carto downwards, to speed up the saturation process. Wait 20 to 30 minutes, before vaping. Then take very small hits until you hear it start wicking. We've had no problems for the 2 years we have been vaping. I hope this helps..:)

Also, there are a few knock offs out there. I thought I was saving a couple of dollars, by buying some from other vendors. They weren't the authentic carto. One good indicator, is that the juice will soak in faster. True Boge cartos take a long time to soak in. Dense polyfill.

Last edited:

Keekers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Michigan
I buy my Wife boge SS 3.2ohm cartos, every month from Madvapes. I fill them at 25 drops. It takes a little patience, or just flick the carto downwards, to speed up the saturation process. Wait 20 to 30 minutes, before vaping. Then take very small hits until you hear it start wicking. We've had no problems for the 2 years we have been vaping. I hope this helps..:)
I always let mine sit too. I saw a picture someone took of filler after they thought the carto was full and there were still dry patches. The one time I didn't let mine sit it tasted funky.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I always let mine sit too. I saw a picture someone took of filler after they thought the carto was full and there were still dry patches. The one time I didn't let mine sit it tasted funky.
Absolutely.. That burned polyfill taste is nasty.. The longer that juice soaks in the better. I'm soaking a dual carto for a month, just to see if there is going to be a difference. I'm weird...:D

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
I've been using Boges exclusively for the last several months and love them. The first drops do just sit on top of the filler initially. I just give a little blow into the top and it helps push the liquid down. I have found that though they hold a lot of liquid it doesn't necessarily wick to the coil real well unless it's saturated. So I use them in tanks. I just put a slit in them with my Dremel. Soak them good then put them in the tank. Almost impossible to flood them the way they plow through the juice. And they don't seem to gum up as quickly as the Smoketechs did. When they do, a quick ream with a straightened paper clip fixes them right up. And I have a local shop that I get them from, just in case there's a problem. But I haven't had any yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread