Boge Cartomizer lifespan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

styxzan

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
FL
I've been sifting through posts trying to find one that specifically addresses this question, but alas, after an hour, I gave up. Sorry. I have no doubt this has been asked a million times over.

I have Boge 510 cartomizers, and they seem to be fading away after 1 refill. I typically add about 30 drops the first time, and between 10 and 15 the next. Shortly after I fill it the second time, it starts to have less pull and produces less vapor. Sometimes it tastes different. I'm not a heavy vaper, so it sort of surprises me that I'm not getting more use out of them. I do prefer cartos to attys and carts because the attys just piss me off with all their issues. The cartos are simpler and produce more vapor and flavor...but damn. I'm only getting one really good day, then maybe 2 more half-assed days. I vape the equivalent of 3 cigarettes a day. This is not saving me money. lol

I also just bought a pack of G4 clear cartos from DFW Vapor last night. No idea if they'll be great or terrible. Guess we're about to find out.

How long do cartos typically last?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I generally use a 80/20 PG/VG blend and mostly fairly clear liquids .. I insert a round toothpick in the battery end to prevent leakage, I add 20 drops / allow to sit for a half hour, then add another 5 drops and allow to sit overnight .. I then drip two drops into the battery end and blow out the excess .. add drops from then on as needed ..

I have had up to 10 days from one Boge using this method ..

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I've had the same one in my carto tank going on 2 weeks it started at 3 ohms and is now at 3.1 ohms and it still going strong but the last one that I had in there dies after 2 days. back when I used to use an ego and a carto or my volt I would top my carto off once an hour or so they wouldn't get to dry

styxzan

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
FL
In general. About how long does the average Boge 510 carto last if you fill & use it traditionally,without nifty tricks? I'm sure there are ways to get the most out of them, which I certainly appreciate and will try (I have a toothpick inserted in a new one now with liquid curing). However, Since most of my cartos don't seem to perform well for more than 2 days, I thought that maybe this was the norm.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That is a rather general question, so the correct answer would be "depends".
    What resistance are your cartos/ What voltage are you using them at? How dark is the juice you are using? What do you do to maintain them?

I have a pet 3ohm SR Boge carto that has been on my 5v pass through since July. In that time it has been boiled out twice, gets a darning needle run through the center tube daily, and has only had "coffee espresso" 50/50 blend juice in it (which is almost clear in color). In contrast I have used up two boxes of 2ohm LR Boge cartos @ 3.7v during that same time frame.

styxzan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2011
    FL
    "Depends" seems to be the running theme among vaping products. That's really convenient for the manufacturers and companies selling them, I suppose, since there is really no accountability whatsoever. They can always defer to the "well, what so-and-so did you use with it?" Gotta love capitalism.

I have a Riva 510. The battery is 650-750 power. Some of my Boge cartos are 3 ohms. I think one batch might be 2.5, but I have no way of knowing, It didn't say on the site, and it's written nowhere on the box...and I will not BUY a device just to measure the wattage. Vaping is supposed to be saving me money, but since I started, I have dropped more than double what I would have paid for my cloves, which is what I was smoking prior to this.

It's a standard Boge carto for a 510 thread. Between 2.3 and 3ohms. Sometimes I use a 210 battery, sometimes my Riva 750s. Most of my liquid is clearish, but one of them is brown. NO NIC, mostly PG.

I suspect that maybe waiting for more than ten or twenty minutes after filling would help (maybe even going overnight), but I can't be sure. Everything "depends," I guess. grrr.

Last edited:

byggd

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 25, 2011
    So Cal
    That's really convenient for the manufacturers and companies selling them
    It's not really something they can say. If you use dark or sweet juice the coils will gunk up sooner than if you use clear juice. I vape 50/50 @ 3.7v. If it's dark I get about 4-5 refills but with clear juice I get 8 to 10 refills.

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2011
    SW FL Gulf Coast
    It's not really something they can say. If you use dark or sweet juice the coils will gunk up sooner than if you use clear juice. I vape 50/50 @ 3.7v. If it's dark I get about 4-5 refills but with clear juice I get 8 to 10 refills.

^ I tend to agree with this, and "it depends". I typically use SR Boges with 50/50, and my darker or sweet juices tend to foul an atty after a few fills or a couple days. Whereas, I currently have one I've been using with a clear, fruit flavored juice thats been going for 3 weeks.

CountVapula

ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2011
    MA
    im glad i found this thread because im having issues with my first round of LR boge cartos. im using them in a liquidnator tank at 3.7v. the juices im vaping are all 50/50 and vary from dark to clear. what ive experienced so far is that they work great for the first day or two, and then after that the draw gets very stiff and flavor diminishes, no burn taste though which is good. ive found that sticking a needle through it to clear the air stream helps a little, but i need to find a way to get them to last longer. are there any tricks i can use to revive or make these boge cartos last longer? will boiling help it?

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2011
    SW FL Gulf Coast
    im glad i found this thread because im having issues with my first round of LR boge cartos. im using them in a liquidnator tank at 3.7v. the juices im vaping are all 50/50 and vary from dark to clear. what ive experienced so far is that they work great for the first day or two, and then after that the draw gets very stiff and flavor diminishes, no burn taste though which is good. ive found that sticking a needle through it to clear the air stream helps a little, but i need to find a way to get them to last longer. are there any tricks i can use to revive or make these boge cartos last longer? will boiling help it?

Read this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/226887-carto-funk.html

madjack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    ...first thing to remember...cartos are considered disposables...I go thru 4 per week/10 days running diff flavs thru each...these are all BogeLR and Resurrectors......I wash out and get another week thru 'em...total juice is around 4-5ml/day...so I guess I get around 4 days out of one before I toss it...so, for 4 cartos per 2 weeks at around 5bux(not counting the 10-15bux/wk for juice) and a bit total, compared to the 180bux I used to spend on the funkarettes in the same time period...whatcha want...huh............
    madjack:2cool:

p.s. let me add/ask, are you keeping them good and wet or, are you vaping until they are good and dry before refilling...I find they like to be kept good and wet...I like to top 'em off before they get past about the 50% used...then around 10-12 drops and I'm good to go for a bit........mj

Last edited:

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
    Jul 14, 2010
    Colorado
    I just posted about this under another topic but the Boge LR and SR cartos I've gotten for the last month have been faulty and will last approx 3-4 hours. I can usually get 3-8 days off of a Boge LR carto. Very disappointing. Waiting to see if anyone knows if they've fixed this problem.

Grimm Green showed me a thermometer shake method that makes them vapable in under 5 mins.

styxzan

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2011
    FL
    ...first thing to remember...cartos are considered disposables...I go thru 4 per week/10 days running diff flavs thru each...these are all BogeLR and Resurrectors......I wash out and get another week thru 'em...total juice is around 4-5ml/day...so I guess I get around 4 days out of one before I toss it...so, for 4 cartos per 2 weeks at around 5bux(not counting the 10-15bux/wk for juice) and a bit total, compared to the 180bux I used to spend on the funkarettes in the same time period...whatcha want...huh............
    madjack:2cool:

p.s. let me add/ask, are you keeping them good and wet or, are you vaping until they are good and dry before refilling...I find they like to be kept good and wet...I like to top 'em off before they get past about the 50% used...then around 10-12 drops and I'm good to go for a bit........mj

Trying not to flood them, but not letting them get too dry either I guess somewhere in the middle.

I used to spend about $6.00 on a 12 pack of cloves, and they lasted almost a week. Vaping is costing me exponentially more than that in batteries, chargers, attys, carts, cartos, juice, shipping. I only do it because it is so much healthier and allows me to keep "smoking," which is a fixation more than anything. I don't use nicotine, but I do use sweeter flavors, usually very light in color, almost totally clear.

donnah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    I don't know if this post will even get read since I noticed that a bunch of posts from the general forum were moved here (I guess this is a new forum catagory) I too don't get but a couple days out of my cartos when I use waffle juice. when I KBV warm sugar cookie I can get almost a full week. I've learned that if I put my cartos on my bottom feeder, after top filling for a day or two, and bottom feed them, I get much longer use out of them. I posted about this above (or maybe it's below now)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread