Boge Cartos vs CE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeesmoker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Bahrain
I just vaped for the first time today using my gear.

I have a very quick comment.

I know a lot of people swear by the Boge cartos. I've tried the standard resistance Boge Carto on my Revolution 2 box mod and was impressed. I had a Vision stone 3 tank lying around and wondered if it fit on the Revolution 2, and it did. I loaded it up with the same juice and vaped.

Here is my assessment:

Boge:

1. A bit more stiffer draw vs the CE2
2. Flavors are muted
3. Vapor is cooler (temperature)
4. Vapor quality is much dryer (akin to dry wine)
5. Throat hit is a bit more intense

Vision Stone 3 (CE2)

1. Draw is smoother (same tip used as the Boge)
2. Flavor is much more intense than the Boge. I can taste nuances in my juice that I just couldn't with the Boge
3. Vapor is a bit warmer (temperature)
4. Mouthpiece gets warm(er) with prolonged use
5. Vapor is more moist and I can taste sweetness in the liquid
5. Throat hit is less compared to the Boge.

It's my first time vaping, but so far I'm digging the CE2 more than the Boge.

Next test in a few days will be with the Boge LR carto and some Smoktech cartos.

Will update once test is done.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I agree that the CE2's may produce a bit more flavor but I've experienced some leaking and the occasional dry hit using them. On a 3.7 volt device, like you're using, you really should be using a LR 2.0Ω Boge. Also, Boges really shine when used in a good tank. They also never leak and never produce a dry hit. There are plus' and minus' for both.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
I use 2.6ohm CE2s (not the vision, the 1.8ml version) at 5v on my lavatube which means I have utterly no idea what wattage/voltage I'm actually getting through them.

I love them compared to cartos. I do have to cut the inner seal slots for them to wick the vg only juices I make but it's a 1 minute job then it's good to use for weeks without any more effort :)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Weeks?! Hell, I get bent out of shape if mine don't last me several months! Lol
lol, yeah I get the impression that if I could use pg with them instead of vg, they'd last for months on end no problem. Anything I've used vg in tends to die so quickly it's stupid. CE2s have been the one thing I keep using because they last and actually wick vg without me having to drip it right in there :D

Weeks on all vg is cool for me :2cool:

zeesmoker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Bahrain
I agree that the CE2's may produce a bit more flavor but I've experienced some leaking and the occasional dry hit using them. On a 3.7 volt device, like you're using, you really should be using a LR 2.0Ω Boge. Also, Boges really shine when used in a good tank. They also never leak and never produce a dry hit. There are plus' and minus' for both.

I've still not given my final verdit on the Boges. I am sure that the LR Boges, in conjunction with a tank (both of which are incoming) will give me a nice vape.

That being said my mouth and brains tells me that CE2 is better than a Boge HR carto :)

zeesmoker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Bahrain
I swore off all polyfill cartos a year ago. I only use CE2s, unless I'm dripping attys.

I've been experimenting some more and here is what I've found out additionally.

Yes, the CE2's do have an issue with dry hits. However, not as much as people say. If I chain vape, then for sure I will have dry hits, however, if you have 2-3 toots and set it down for a few minutes and then repeat, there will be no issues with dry hits.

About the Boge, I think that the boges will shine in a tank. I can say that because when I use my bottom feeder and squirt some juice into the Boge, the first 1-2 toots are great. Then it all goes downhill from there. I think with a constantly fed polyfill from the tank, the Boge's will be much better.

Now all I have to do is try attys.

:)

I love vaping. So much to do and so much to try, and I'm sure that something will make me a very happy vaper!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I think the CE2 is by far better than any polyfill carto. Yes there are dry hits but few and far between. If you use thin, clear juice you could certainly get a month or more out of them. I clean mine about once a week using plain hot tap water. You can also decrease the dry hitting by simply keeping them topped off.

zeesmoker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Bahrain
I think the CE2 is by far better than any polyfill carto. Yes there are dry hits but few and far between. If you use thin, clear juice you could certainly get a month or more out of them. I clean mine about once a week using plain hot tap water. You can also decrease the dry hitting by simply keeping them topped off.

Since you're an avid CE2 user, what's the consensus on the best CE2 system out there?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Well all I use is the Ultimate CE2 (2.4 ohm) from My Vapor Store. They sell them $9.75 for a 5 pack. I vape on a standard eGo battery or an e-power unit I have. Have not tried out variable voltage sets yet. In terms of juice, my usual is Casablanca from Backwoods Brew. Very good tobacco vape. I also use Applewood from that vendor. These are about as dark as you can go with them. If you try say a coffee juice on them, you'll get 3 fills max. Same for some of the ry4 juices. There's something in there that clogs them. BWB juices are 70/30, PG/VG but I've found that the most vapor comes from a 50/50 mix. For that you can buy some juice from Copper Creek or other vendors that allow customization.

In terms of cleaning, there are several youtube videos on this. I can completely take a ce2 apart, clean and refill in under 5 minutes. Just type in CE2 clearomizer cleaning in google and there will be many videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread