Boge Cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Don't own a Pro Vari myself but know enough about them that if you use a 2.2 ohm carto at higher than 5.5v you will get an error message and have to adjust accordingly...

If you don't plan on vaping a voltage the 2.2's should be fine but a higher ohm would be better to get the full spectrum of VV... Also a higher ohm carto will have a beefier coil which should give it more longevity...

sgehrking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
minnesota, USA
I have seen many things about Boge cartos. let me get things straight. These are single coil and have a thicker pollyfill than the smoketec. Also the smoketec are single or duel coil. if i'm wrong please correct me.
Another question.... if they are single coil can they be used with a tank and not have wicking problems. or would i have to mod them

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Awesome price there at Vaporkings!! I got that deal (disc code VFTEN?) five weeks ago, paid $52 w/shipping and thought that was cheap!

In a year, I didn't have more than one go bad on me- they must insist on the best. Unfortunately for me, I went and bought a carto tank right after ordering and had made the order for BLACK. Now I have to unwrap 50 Boges'!! lol.

donnah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    yea, I have a lot of black cartos also and I HATE trying to peel those stickers! Also, I like the 1.7 smoktech because they wick so much better for me. Health cabin has some 2.8 cartos that look like smotech that I'm tempted to order but I just ordered 15 1.7 smoktechs from ccv. I use vv devices but I don't mind no going above 4.1v. With that low of resistance I don't need to go above that anyway. My main love for vv is the consistency of voltage, I came from using 14500 box mods where the voltage continually dropped as the batts discharged and I was constantly changing to fresh batts.

I know LR cartos and such are meant for 3.7 devices so I just turn my vv devices down. To me, it's worth it to be able to use the cartos that work so well for me. I've tried the boge with multiple holes and they just don't wick well for me.. constantly taking dry vapes and unscrewing my fill hole to let air in. Plus the 1.7 smoktechs are xxl so they can be used with the longer tanks and go much longer between filling. When I tried the smaller boges, I had too many dry hits and had to refill my tank several times a day, it was too much of a hassle trying to keep them wicking. With the longer smoktech's.. one fill will last all day and it wicks like I want it to.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Battery wise- Yeah, I like a steady voltage myself and tried the VVego from MV when they came out because I thought it would hold at 4.2- it doesn't and it fell apart.

I use a PT most of the day now and it gives me great hits because it keeps it charged well. Not 4.2 tho.

Are you using a thicker juice? Or are your holes real small on the Boges you've tried? Because I popped on a small tank from MomnPops' w/ a Boge in it and been getting a perfect hit with it for the last five weeks w/ 70/30 in it.

It has those big saddle-valve holes in it, and I'm surprised that it's very dry on top all the time- so you're right that they're tight-wove.

I'm opposite you on the cartos tho, I ordered the bigger tank along with my little one, and it had a 1.7 in it and kept giving me dry hits constantly, so I ended up making a Boge fit in the bigger tank. I think I'll try another 1.7 because I'd like a warmer hit and the DC's were a fail for me.

This combo, along w/ flavorless/ low flavor juice is turning into a huge win for me. 5 weeks and this Boge is hitting like I just unwrapped it! I might just sell all the wrapped Boges' because at this point I can through away the tank with the Boge and still come out ahead.

Good luck with your tank adventures!! Hey, have you tried the ghetto tank yet where you just bang the carto through a small juice bottle? The guy that started it had a collection of them on all his mods- seemed to work great.

donnah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2010
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Battery wise- Yeah, I like a steady voltage myself and tried the VVego from MV when they came out because I thought it would hold at 4.2- it doesn't and it fell apart.

I use a PT most of the day now and it gives me great hits because it keeps it charged well. Not 4.2 tho.

Are you using a thicker juice? Or are your holes real small on the Boges you've tried? Because I popped on a small tank from MomnPops' w/ a Boge in it and been getting a perfect hit with it for the last five weeks w/ 70/30 in it.

It has those big saddle-valve holes in it, and I'm surprised that it's very dry on top all the time- so you're right that they're tight-wove.

I'm opposite you on the cartos tho, I ordered the bigger tank along with my little one, and it had a 1.7 in it and kept giving me dry hits constantly, so I ended up making a Boge fit in the bigger tank. I think I'll try another 1.7 because I'd like a warmer hit and the DC's were a fail for me.

This combo, along w/ flavorless/ low flavor juice is turning into a huge win for me. 5 weeks and this Boge is hitting like I just unwrapped it! I might just sell all the wrapped Boges' because at this point I can through away the tank with the Boge and still come out ahead.

Good luck with your tank adventures!! Hey, have you tried the ghetto tank yet where you just bang the carto through a small juice bottle? The guy that started it had a collection of them on all his mods- seemed to work great.

It's funny how the boge works great for some people and not for others and how the smoktech works great for some and not others lol. I have a mini sub from momandpop and fell in love with the fill hole. But as for the carto that came with it.. I couldn't get it to work. I think I burnt it the very first time and it was ruined after that. It had 3 holes punched in it and wouldn't wick at all.

I use unflavored and very lightly flavored juice and my cartos last weeks also.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    It's funny how the boge works great for some people and not for others and how the smoktech works great for some and not others lol. I have a mini sub from momandpop and fell in love with the fill hole. But as for the carto that came with it.. I couldn't get it to work. I think I burnt it the very first time and it was ruined after that. It had 3 holes punched in it and wouldn't wick at all.

I use unflavored and very lightly flavored juice and my cartos last weeks also.

Oh, that might've been it right there, with your statement about the Boge's- I have the newer 2 hole ones. Maybe you got yours a few months back (?), folks didn't seem happy with them I heard.

You'd think 2 would b worser than 3 for a Boge, but maybe it's the size of the hole or something. I haven't got a dry hit off of this yet- even chain vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread