Boge F16 Carto-Tanks : different sizes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Guys,

With my Mech. mod I was suggested a Boge F16, for a no-frills, no-tinkering, easy to vape system for a new vaper like me. So, I concurred and purchased (2 x tanks; 6 x spare Cartos).

However, an after thought googling pointed me to various sizes of the Boge F16 thru different retailers. Some said it was a 4ml tank (as the pic below states), while others say 5ml, 6ml et all. Similarly their resistance too differ and obviously their price.

Here r some of them talking different:
Hoosier Vapes : ..6ml, 1.7 ohms, .....$10.99 -my purchase
Mt.Baker Vapor : 6ml, 1-1.8 ohms, ...$6.89
Vapor Beast : .....5ml, 2.4 ohms, .....$6.99
Urban Vapour : ...5ml, 1-1.8 ohms, ..$7.99
Sure Vapes : ......4ml, 1.6 ohms, .....$6.49
CanVape : ..........4ml, 1.6 ohms, .....$5.95 -cheapest in town

So guys, r there different models of the Boge F16s, or r they confused and I got ripped-off?

Attachments

• Boge-F16-Carto-Tank.jpg
    Boge-F16-Carto-Tank.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 182

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
F16s are all the same size cartomizer. They are XL size.

There is no standard for 'how much does the TANK hold' everyone lists it differently. I think they make LR and SR ones, but not sure, that's standard too.
The thing to watch out for, these are reg cartos [good ones] they fit in smaller / thinner tanks too, and that's up to the seller. So if you see a 3ml one, I'd bet that's just an f16 carto in a skinny tank [making it really a f17]

MasterBlaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Detroit
www.nightstalkerproductions.com
VAPELITE has the cheapest price for the Boge f16 and f17 they are like 4.75 plus shipping however Vapor Beast has them listed at like 6 bucks but shipping is FREE. I have used the F15s 16s and 17s and the 15s are my least favorite because the carto doesn't have the flange on the bottom so they are slidey on the tank but if you don't mind that they work just fine and they are small like a 2ml capacity I think it is. Yeah the 16 and 17 use the same size carto. Got my 17s from Vapor Beast and VapeLite both came with 1.8 ohm double punched single coil carto so with 4 volts set on my ego Twist they vape great! Got my F16s from ecigbestsave and those came with a 1.6 ohm carto. Love them both especially the f17 only because it's the same diameter as my ego battery and looks nice. But yeah check out VapeLite THEY have the cheapest prices on Boge carto tanks. I just ordered some 3.0 ohm cartos for my tanks thru VapeLite so I an crank my twist up to 4.8!

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
You didn't get ripped off, just because some places sell it very cheap doesn't mean a little over 10 bucks is a rip off. That's pretty average price for the cheapy tanks, if you paid $40 then I'd definitely say you got ripped off, but what you paid is a very fair price.

As others mentioned, how a retailer measures the capacity varies, some just guess, others go by what they have read other retailers list them as. There are 3 sizes of Boge tanks, that I'm aware of. There is a slim version, that takes standard 35mm cartos, it's about the same diameter of an eGo. There is another slim version, same diameter, but it's longer and takes the XL 45mm cartos. Then there is the larger diameter tank, like you have, that takes the XL 45mm cartos. AFAIK they don't make a shorter tank of your same diameter, so difference in listed capacity is just due to how the retailer decides to measure it.

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I don't get how they are making any money selling it that cheap, aren't they in China? It has to cost more to ship that to the US than they are selling them for.

I saw that deal on VJ earlier today and was going to pick up a few, then I realized I don't need anymore tanks (well, at least more copies of tanks I already have) and I didn't want to wait a long time to get my package.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I don't get how they are making any money selling it that cheap, aren't they in China? It has to cost more to ship that to the US than they are selling them for.

I saw that deal on VJ earlier today and was going to pick up a few, then I realized I don't need anymore tanks (well, at least more copies of tanks I already have) and I didn't want to wait a long time to get my package.

True.
However, they r fast too. Vapor Joe got his shipment within 8 days. Here's his screenshot of the Tracking Page:

Ordered on Apr-2nd, package received on Apr-10th. That's pretty decent timeframe from China to the US I'd say.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Indeed it is! Faster than some US based vendors I've purchased from (if you include their "processing" time)

I'm even more curious now how they afford to sell those so cheap. I used to import a lot of stuff from HK several years back, and it was usually around $30 via EMS for a small package, that would arrive in 3-4 days usually.

It boggles the mind! Maybe I will pick up a few as spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread