Borosilicate reagents for nic storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
So I'm placing a nic order on nic river and I'm trying to bump it up for free shipping I don't want to get any more PG VG or flavors I've got the nicotine I need for now what I really need is bottles to store the nicotine in the freezer. They have some bottles they have the boston ones but they do appear to have a dropper top so that's not going to help me and they only go up to 60 ml I need to house at least 650ml. I found some nicotine River reagent bottles they have a non-slip exterior they're made from borosilicate which is sort of Pyrexish I think and it does have a screw-on cap they can all be autoclaved and sterilized and they are designed to not expand or contract due to freezing or heat is there any reason why I can't use that to store nicotine they are clear but I could put a wrap around them I know it's not ideal but I can block out light in a different way especially since they're going to be in the freezer. This is going to be a order that I'm making soon preferably right now for Christmas and I want it to be on one site so I don't want to go to Amazon to buy the bottles and then pay the shipping and all this craziness so I just want to know if these would work again there borosilicate reagent screw-top bottles on Nic River

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Boro isn't any better than soda lime for storing nic in the freezer, plus it's so much more expensive. But yes, it will work fine. I put the clear bottles (with a bit of padding in between) in a cardboard box for the freezer.
Yeah honestly I feel like it's a bit Overkill but because the difference between paying for shipping and getting free shipping was just slightly less than the cost of 2 of the borosilicates in essence I got 500ml storage capacity for about $2.14 more than had I had to pay for shipping LOL I just honestly had never heard of it and I know a lot of people use amber glass bottles so I wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of reason not to use it. I do like the idea that it has a coating on the outside so it's a little bit less slippery because I am an absolute bumbler and I can totally see myself dropping stuff my main concern is going to be the caps but I imagine if they can withstand being autoclaved they should probably be able to withstand being in my freezer LOL

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I'm placing a nic order on nic river and I'm trying to bump it up for free shipping I don't want to get any more PG VG or flavors I've got the nicotine I need for now what I really need is bottles to store the nicotine in the freezer. They have some bottles they have the boston ones but they do appear to have a dropper top so that's not going to help me and they only go up to 60 ml I need to house at least 650ml. I found some nicotine River reagent bottles they have a non-slip exterior they're made from borosilicate which is sort of Pyrexish I think and it does have a screw-on cap they can all be autoclaved and sterilized and they are designed to not expand or contract due to freezing or heat is there any reason why I can't use that to store nicotine they are clear but I could put a wrap around them I know it's not ideal but I can block out light in a different way especially since they're going to be in the freezer. This is going to be a order that I'm making soon preferably right now for Christmas and I want it to be on one site so I don't want to go to Amazon to buy the bottles and then pay the shipping and all this craziness so I just want to know if these would work again there borosilicate reagent screw-top bottles on Nic River

Those Bottles would work fine. But they are Kinda Pricey.

Maybe it would be Better to add some Flavoring(s) or something to your Nicotine River order to get over the Free Shipping mark? And then buy Bottles from someone like The Glass Bottle Outlet?

(12 Pack) 4 oz. Amber Boston Round with Black Poly Cap 817130020132 | eBay

Last edited:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Yeah honestly I feel like it's a bit Overkill but because the difference between paying for shipping and getting free shipping was just slightly less than the cost of 2 of the borosilicates in essence I got 500ml storage capacity for about $2.14 more than had I had to pay for shipping LOL I just honestly had never heard of it and I know a lot of people use amber glass bottles so I wanted to make sure that there wasn't some sort of reason not to use it. I do like the idea that it has a coating on the outside so it's a little bit less slippery because I am an absolute bumbler and I can totally see myself dropping stuff my main concern is going to be the caps but I imagine if they can withstand being autoclaved they should probably be able to withstand being in my freezer LOL

Can't fault you for padding your cart for FS! I do that too. lol Actually, I was wondering how that coating would hold up over time in the freezer. You'll have to come back in a few years and let us know. :)

• Agree
Reactions: AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Those Bottles would work fine. But they are Kinda Pricey.

Maybe it would be Better to add some Flavoring(s) or something to your Nicotine River order to get over the Free Shipping mark? And then buy Bottles from someone like The Glass Bottle Outlet?

(12 Pack) 4 oz. Amber Boston Round with Black Poly Cap 817130020132 | eBay
You know I didn't even think about eBay as far as something simple like bottles goes I still need some smaller breakdown bottles eventually I'll check ebay out

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You know I didn't even think about eBay as far as something simple like bottles goes I still need some smaller breakdown bottles eventually I'll check ebay out

I bought a 12 Pack of those Exact Bottles from Glass Bottle Outlet on e-Bay and they work Great.

Shipping was Fast also.

ETA: If you go with Another seller, just make sure you get Bottles that come with "Poly Cone" Caps.

Some sellers offer Bottles with the Foam Disc type Cap. Those are a PITA. And I would Avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread