Both batteries went fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikid19

Feb 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
joye 510 mini-- 150 mAh manuals-- both batteries will charge, but no longer fire a carto. I was having a great vape with these little guys, but they crapped out within a day of one another and they're about two weeks old.

I had to pick up another (different name- "Clayton") starter kit locally to get through, 'til USPS blesses me. This gave me a single 510 (auto) battery and the two that came with the kit so I could test. The LED on the end of the joyetech's would light fine, but hardly light with a new carto or combo attached. Virtually no vape, certainly not like my little happy clouds from 3 days ago. The auto battery works like a charm. I cleaned the manual's contacts, and used the same cartos and atty's/ carts to test.

Is this how long these batteries should last?

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Bad luck. I have Joye 510s I bought in 2009 that still work (only drag them out to answer questions now).
It's possible that they aren't genuine. but still most likely bad luck.
You may try, just once, to pick the center contact on one carto to make sure it is contacting the center pin on the battery.
I wouldn't mess with the center pin on the battery other than to clean it.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
:mad:
Is this how long these batteries should last?

Nahh, they should last for several months at the very least...I have some from almost 2 years ago which still work ok, though I never really used them regularly (but they saved me a few times when I was out of charged eGo batts).

Some cartos will kill a batt, though...could be an explanation for their rapid decline. Were you using any LR cartos, or did you have one that seemed to be problematic, prior to the batts dying?

Last edited:

aikid19

Feb 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I did enough homework to know to stay away from the LR or double coil. I was pretty sure I ordered "standard" cartos to supplement the kit's attys and carts. I've been a battery-operated contractor for 30 years, and I take my battery management very seriously. I think Rocket was right and I just got a pair of 'Friday' batteries.

I realized when the first one started fritzing out that I was drifting toward enemy waters, so I ordered a pair of eGo's and other back-up supplies. If I keeping having to try to vape on the gas station e-cigs I'll be broke and lose the battle.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The one way to know for sure is check the cartos on a meter. It wouldn't be the first time someone didn't get what they thought they ordered. LR is not recommended for 510 mini or 510 XL size batteries and can dramatically reduce the battery life. Keep in mind too that atty and carto resistance can charge with age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread