Auto or Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek5L

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Austin, TX
:confused::confused::confused::(Hi guys. I have had the 510 kit since last week and was wondering what you all prefer. I think the automatic battery is cool because there is no button to fuss with, but it seems like the battery gets worn down too quickly. I do not vape constantly or anything (probably one to two puffs per hour- if that). But last night, after charging up my auto battery, I put the atomizer and cart on, and...nothing. Not even a smidge of vapor. I noticed that the led wasnt functioning either. I tried attaching my other atty, and even a different cart...nothing. If I wave the battery back and forth with nothing attached, it sometimes lights up on the LED, but no vapor or hit is produced. I have not dropped it, no juice leaked in it, and always keep it in a cool dry place. I have heard of batteries not lasting very long, but less than 2 weeks? This is ridiculous. Now, my manual battery works perfect, and I probably use it twice as much than I do the auto. Can someone please help?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Totally Wicked's Mega Power manual batteries are awesome for the 510. Each one lasts around 4 hours. They make the 510 a perfect experience.

Manual also means a sealed end (autos have to be open to activate the battery) so with an auto you will eventually get liquid into the battery and foul it up.

Last edited:

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Never had an issue with either. Gave all my 510 batts to a buddy (I now only use bigger mod devices) and he has had them for weeks without issue as well.

Manual gives more performance due to having control over the atomizer, doesn't activate by accident due to sound or wind, and isn't as cumbersome as you may intially believe.

That being said, I did use my autos a lot out of pure convenience. For driving especially they came in quite handy.

burney

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
manual batteries are the best. auto suck. i also have had a brnd new battery come right off the charger and not work.
i didnt understand till one day i plugged in a battery and it turned red and within 1 or two minutes the light turned green. i was what the hell??? i know its not charged! so anyways i picked up the battery and charger and then it turned red again. for some reason the battery though it was plugged in wasnt getting the charge[which is why the light ion the charger turned green as if there was nothing plugged into it]. i just jiggled it again and it then charged. for some reason even though your battery blinked saying it was being charged it wasnt. just check your battery a few minutes later to be sure its still charging [red]. i dont know why it did that...but it did.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
manual batteries are the best. auto suck. i also have had a brnd new battery come right off the charger and not work.
i didnt understand till one day i plugged in a battery and it turned red and within 1 or two minutes the light turned green. i was what the hell??? i know its not charged! so anyways i picked up the battery and charger and then it turned red again. for some reason the battery though it was plugged in wasnt getting the charge[which is why the light ion the charger turned green as if there was nothing plugged into it]. i just jiggled it again and it then charged. for some reason even though your battery blinked saying it was being charged it wasnt. just check your battery a few minutes later to be sure its still charging [red]. i dont know why it did that...but it did.

Through normal usage the nic juice will seep through the atty air vents. This will deposit nic juice on the battery connector. You can clean this off of the battery and charger connections. This may have benn the case here. I keep q-tips and rubbing alcohol handy and regularly clean the connectors.

Just a thought.

Kevin

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
i like the manual for if im watching a movie or something and vaping. otherwise i want an auto. i hate holding my hand to my face while walking for 3-4 seconds while taking a drag. it feels horribly unnatural to me.

so.. my 510 is manual (basically vape session vape) and a 306 for every day use/while im on the computer/driving/etc auto batt.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: supplier post in newb forum

burney

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Through normal usage the nic juice will seep through the atty air vents. This will deposit nic juice on the battery connector. You can clean this off of the battery and charger connections. This may have benn the case here. I keep q-tips and rubbing alcohol handy and regularly clean the connectors.

Just a thought.

Kevin

thanks kevin...didnt think of that. it could have very well been the problem. i have ctips for cleaning etc. but i dont do the cleaning very much at all. maybe once a month at best.

Bjorn Toulouse

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Glasgow
All my home made mods are manual and I prefer them, but there are times when the autos are easier.
The trouble with auto's is they are inconsistant. The manual are usually right on all the time.

This is exactly what I have found, some cut out after 3 sec some nead to be sucked like a poltice occasionaly you get a sweet one (that will die after a month) however, the EVO autos are quite good actualy much more reliable than the 510s

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
I use a manual 510 and wouldnt try an auto for that type. For the m40x series my auto batt has a 8 sec cut off and there's little difference between that and a manual, but YMMV. You can also tell fairly easy if the atty needs a good cleaning using an auto. The tougher the draw gets this usually means it needs to be blown out or rinsed depending on how bad it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread