Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So you’re putting the bottle in the clamp and spinning it? That may not do a lot of good. Spin something fast enough and centrifugical force beats gravity. That’s why you can swing a bucket of water around and the water doesn’t fall out. You may have merely created a centrifuge which would actually separate things rather than mixing them. I did see a drill bottle mixer used once, but it didn’t look anything like that. It was a big tube. They put the bottle inside the big tube, held it level, and spun the tube, which in turn spun the bottle a bit like a treadmill. Didn’t work particularly well. What you likely want would look a lot more like a paint shaker.
1 Gal Air Paint Shaker

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It would spinning it end over end.
I've thought about the shakers for model paints, but they can be quite noisy,
Mmm. Good chance you’ve got a centrifuge there. To make it work you’d have to make it spin really really slowly. Slow enough that the air bubble in the bottle would have time to work it’s way up and mix the juice with each rotation. Wouldn’t be very fast at all. Like “leave it and let it do it’s thing for a good ten minutes” slow.

The big tube one I mentioned was basically a 2 liter bottle with the bottom cut out and the bottle neck in the drill chuck. It relied on fluid adhesion with the interior side of the juice bottle to create a spinning effect within the bottle. Didn’t work very fast but it will probably work faster than that.

• Informative
Reactions: Heartsdelight

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I too have a mini mixer that I've used. I think It's probably the best and fastest way to get the juice mixed thoroughly, but always worried about all the air getting into the mix.

I could be wrong but I think air is what makes the bubbles and mixes thoroughly. When you shake a full bottle, you won't get many bubbles, presumably because lack of air but when you shake a half full bottle, you get lots of bubbles.

I don't think we are incorporating too much air with using the mixer but who knows. It works, tastes good and if not sitting around for a long time, should be fine.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I too have a mini mixer that I've used. I think It's probably the best and fastest way to get the juice mixed thoroughly, but always worried about all the air getting into the mix.

The air hasn’t caused any issue that I can tell. But my juice steeps a lot faster

• Agree
    Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I bought one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKI83U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to use for mixing. I thought it would be easier on my hands and wrists to mix without the shaking.
    When I shake the bottle for 20 - 30 seconds I see a lot of little bubbles, when I use the clamp in a drill motor, for about the same amount of time, I see very few bubbles, so I'm wondering just how good a job it's doing.

:) duct tape a massager to it and you have a hands free juice shaker! The drill is probably creating centrifugal force rather than a shaking motion.

Or for a quicker and easier method, this is commonly seen in DIY ejuice videos on YouTube. $29.90

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-sti...haker+machine&qid=1560260586&s=gateway&sr=8-6

61MSRE-BC1L._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: kas122461

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Mixing doesn't need to be that involved. There's no need for violent shaking. All the ingredients are easily miscible. The PG and VG will form layers. Just gently stir until the layers combine into a homogeneous solution.
    IMG_20190611_080816435.jpg

Steeping, assuming your mix benefits from steeping, can be accelerated by raising the temperature of your mix for several hours. Take a bottle of your final mixture and set in a pan of warm water to help the flavor molecules co-mingle.

• Agree

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    HMMM, do I see a new toy in my future?

I've looked at those stirrers with envy for a while. The price is right these days at $29.90 and I might just order one. I've been shaking my DIY bottles for years and it's easy to fill the bottles with tiny bubbles doing that. Automation is good, though. I could let the stirrer blend one while I mix up the next one on the scale.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    They also have an assortment of beakers with the magnetic stirrer capsule for what appears to be good prices. You're going to need the stirrer bars. Looks like the machine comes without beakers and stirrer bars.

I have all the beakers I need. I'll look again, I thought it came with one stir bar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread