DIY Juice mixer for reciprocating saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I saw a few of the mixers that attach to sawzalls (reciprocating saws) on youtube and decided to make my own. Their method was using a clamp, but because I want to mix in plastic bottles and dropper bottles I didn't like to use a clamp. Plus I wanted to use whatever I had in my workshop.

An old sawzall blade. Ground off the teeth and shortened it.
I took a piece of 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe and used a 1000 degree heat gun to melt the end and squeezed the end down between wooden blocks on a vice. Then drilled 2 holes in the blade, matching holes on the pvc pipe and attached them together with bolts. Drilled a retaining bolt hole on the other side so the bottle would not come out during shaking. Wrapped a bottle in bubble wrap and shoved it inside the pipe and used the retaining bolt. 30 seconds on full speed and the juice was mixed. Cost was zero other than my time.

I can take more pics if you want, but this was super simple and works great. My wife laughed when I showed the completed project to her. Picture attached. I can add more if you want.

Attachments

• IMG_7801 (3).jpg
    IMG_7801 (3).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: Thundernoggin

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I can take more pics if you want, but this was super simple and works great. My wife laughed when I showed the completed project to her. Picture attached. I can add more if you want.

I'm laughing too :vapor:

That's kinda like launching a rocket to the moon using a a giant rubber band. gotta love them u-toobers

KODIAK (C)

Moved On
Aug 17, 2015
Dead Moose, AK.
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
It's not about making the flavor more appealing by shaking it. It's about mixing the DIY ingredients easier. Takes 15 seconds on this rig. I've read here many times to shake the mix well.

Like your wife...I laughed.

Me? I buy my juice, and vape it. If it tastes bad I sell it or toss it. I don't believe that any amount of shaking, aging, or "steeping" is going to make a flavor I don't like more appealing.

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Well then I'll just do a quick shake then. That's what I get for watching youtube videos on how to make e-juice.

Don't do it. You have a reciprocating saw e-juice mixer. Power tools make everything better. Put your feet up and celebrate victory with a cold beverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread