Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Never had a bottle that was not snug if pulled down on the feed tube far enough that I sort of have to push it in after refilling and screwing it back into the cap. You might check that your bottles cap is tight on the feed tube - maybe one or the other is worn/damaged. If all else fails shimming the bottle is way better than altering the Reo itself IMO.

Slipping up... underlined above, or the feed tube is too long.

Reactions: jifjifjif

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Anybody have a trick to keep the bottle from slipping up and rattling?

Get a new cap. That one the hole must be drilled out to much if the tube can easily slide up and down the cap. Out of the 3 reos I have thst are the new style ss 510, 1 thst was upgraded had a loose cap where I had thst rattling bottle due to it easily sliding up. Every time I'd squeeze the bottle it would push it up and then it would rattle.

Swapped it out for my old capless bottle mod and it's been good since.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I always pull it down,but it's too loose soon slides back up. I guess I will try a little paper or foam to jam it a little. It's no biggie, just an annoyance.
If thats the case likely your tube has a little indentation from string too high for too long so you will have to flip the tube end for end and or replace it and train a new tube

Reactions: JC Okie

coaldriller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
West Virginia
Or just mod it, and don't use no cap at all.
64f26f768e5a72f008ee1fd819bbfc75.jpg

Sent from Reoville [emoji631]

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Or just mod it, and don't use no cap at all.
64f26f768e5a72f008ee1fd819bbfc75.jpg

Sent from Reoville [emoji631]

Thats exactly what I did and prob solved!

Go for thst if you don't have any other caps to try Or if the bottle is still able to easily slid up and down still as in the hole cut in the top cap was drilled out too large.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
that could be my problem as well. will take a look when i'm home tonight

I've had reos over the past 4 years and since ha e a crap load of old drilled bottle caps from reos mods. As I figured if your bottle is able to easily slide up and down your tube the hole is too large for the tube.

Older caps has smaller drilled holes thst hold tight so your bottle won't move. So I swapped the cap with an older cap and bamb... all good.

I've had this prob before with 1 out of 3 metal reos and I did the cap less mod to fix.

So when the hole is cut too large your bottle will push up when you go to squank her. The tube will seal at the bottom of the bottle as well giving you dry hits and a wobbly bottle in your mod..

Pulling the bottle down to fix the woddle will only fix it till your next feeding.

A fix would be to grab that extra bottle cap you got with your reo and drill a fresh small tube hole with a drill bit. Then prob work your way up to a larger size testing the fit first. It should be really hard to twist the tube threw the hole. Will need to wet it with juice to lube it.

If you mess that up grab the bottle top with hole and drill that out and go capless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread