bottle types

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
The hard plastic crystal clear bottles are HDPE. HDPE = High Density Polyethylene

The softer plastic, slightly cloudy bottles are LDPE. LDPE = Low Density Polyethylene.

They are very similar in their chemical composition and either one is extremely chemical resistant.

I would stay away from PET bottles if you could even find them in dropper bottle size. PET is usually used for soda and water bottles. They wouldn't take heat very well and are not all that chemical resistant.

Here's a link to the ones I use: Cylinder and Boston Round Bottles with Dropper Caps | U.S. Plastic Corp.

They have good prices, ship fast and don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping. I use the 10ml NATURAL BOSTON ROUND BOTTLES WITH DROPPER CAPS.

Hope this helps!

Pete

Ms. Creant

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
The hard plastic crystal clear bottles are HDPE. HDPE = High Density Polyethylene

The softer plastic, slightly cloudy bottles are LDPE. LDPE = Low Density Polyethylene.

They are very similar in their chemical composition and either one is extremely chemical resistant.

I would stay away from PET bottles if you could even find them in dropper bottle size. PET is usually used for soda and water bottles. They wouldn't take heat very well and are not all that chemical resistant.

Here's a link to the ones I use: Cylinder and Boston Round Bottles with Dropper Caps | U.S. Plastic Corp.

They have good prices, ship fast and don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping. I use the 10ml NATURAL BOSTON ROUND BOTTLES WITH DROPPER CAPS.

Hope this helps!

Pete

Aren't the hard clear bottles PET - Polyethylene terephthalate?

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Yes, if they are crystal clear they could be PET or HDPE. You really can't tell the difference just by looking at them. Even some HDPE bottles are cloudy clear like LDPE, but most PET bottles are crystal clear.

I stay away from the crystal clear bottles because I don't want to use PET bottles. They can degrade with heat and or chemical reactions and leach chemicals into whatever you are storing inside them.

Pete

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
The clear ones madvapes sell suck . They crease and dent and break eventually . madvapes does have the cloudy type too though .

I use these . They are perfect and dont leak . I have microwaved them as well . You can tell they are good by the 150 lots of them they have sold . lol.You wont find cheaper either .I just wish they had other sizes too . They are not the crappy chinese bottles that leak .
24 pieces Eye Dropper Bottle .6 oz / 20 ml blowout | eBay

With those glass dropper bottles posted above ,how in the world do you use a dropper with glass . Seems like it would be harder then AVejuice bottles

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
:) figure alcohol is a solvent. As such was worried about them leeching out some chemicals from the plastic. Even if the small amounts of the alcohol in the flavors it was a concern.

..... I hate using plastic utensils or storage with cooking. Finding "Tupperware" that isn't plastic is impossible. I'd rather use a wooden spoon than a plastic one to stir soup, chili or other sauces.

Thanks, I've looked into the 50 bottle sets on eBay, Specialty Bottle, and US Plastics. All three seem to have comparable low prices. But all the plastic bottles (type of plastic) were a bit confusing. WTF is vodka and other booze doing coming in plastic bottles from some companies now? I'd rather stick to glass but that is price prohibitive at the moment for me.

Thanks for the help, I know what to look for now.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread