Bottom Coil Clearomizers and you

Status
Not open for further replies.

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
I just started vaping a little over 2 months ago (over 2000 cigarettes not smoked by my counter :) ). I started with stardust clearomizers (CE4??? rebuildable somethings). I am a fiddly kind of guy and did lots of research and came across the now infamous "Clearomizer Shootout"
A PBusardo Review - The Clearomizer Shootout - YouTube
I happen to think PBusardo is awesome at this point, even this video and my experience with BCC's won't change that.
He declared the Kanger T3 the hands down winner! Kanger gate had happened at that point (I was still learning my way around) but I had never visited his site.
http:// (tasteyourjuice.com) /wordpress/2013/01/14/the-kanger-t3-t3-1-t3-2-t3-3/
I decided they were an upgrade and these were pretty cheap (oh the folly of the inexperienced). I bought 3 of these things, I tried two of them and could not believe how crappy they were! I started looking more into them and found Dave!
How To: Fix your leaking Kanger T3! - YouTube
He uses some foul language, but like me he was a sailor, and like me he was stationed in Hawaii (he is still there, the lucky .......). Yes, I think Dave is awesome as well.
Where to begin with Bottom Coil Clearomozers...... They have a big problem to overcome, the coil and wick are at the bottom of the tank, they have to both block the liquid from running all over the place and be open enough to wick enough liquid as to not allow a dry hit. If this wasn't enough there is the air flow issue. Holy crap, airy wasn't the word for what I was getting (ego battery). Even after removing flavor wicks, flipping caps and rebuilding the things I gave up on the T3's and gave them away. What did you guys do? Start bragging about the Kanger Protank! After all my issues with the T3's I gave in and bought one, man was I dissapointed. All the same issues, imagine that!

After much fiddling and cursing here is what I have come up with.

First don't play with flavor wicks, flip caps or any of that. If the head is dry or flooding, just rebuild the darn thing.
Vapor Lady Lounge Rebuild a Protank Atomizer, eVod Atomizer A New Way - YouTube
If this nice lady can rebuild one, so can you, it is pretty easy IMHO.

Second always store it on the mouthpiece. If you store it on its base the wick gets over saturated, and bam, gurgle...gurgle...gurgle.

And last, airflow. The Protank comes with a "beauty ring", it is more for function than form. It has no air paths, it is to regulate airflow and not just to make the protank look good on your ego. I take off the top collar on my SVD and use the supplied ring when I have the protank on it.

I know this was about Kanger products, but I am positive it applies to all bottom coil clearomizers.

I hope you find some of this helpful. Please watch all the videos, they get long but they will help you get the most out of your BCC.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Oddly enough i have had 0 issues with my Protank flooding regardless of storage etc, same with my Evods.
Same here, with both the Protanks and Evods. I have yet had the need to remove a wick or change a head in mine. I've had no problems with any bottom coil clearo, but top coil .... :unsure:

But I am pleased to learn that the original poster has found what works best for him. vape on. :vapor:

Last edited:

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
Oddly enough i have had 0 issues with my Protank flooding regardless of storage etc, same with my Evods.

As all this stuff is made in China with "strict attention to quality control" I understand how different people have different experiences. This thread was ment for the people that have experienced problems with BCC's.

I am glad that there are people out there that haven't experienced problems.

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
Same here, with both the Protanks and Evods. I have yet had the need to remove a wick or change a head in mine. I've had no problems with any bottom coil clearo, but top coil .... :unsure:

But I am pleased to learn that the original poster has found what works best for him. Vape on. :vapor:

If you get nothing else out of the thread, the vapor lady recoil is worth watching. It will save you money! :)

carldamnit

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
East Texas Piney Woods
Strange
Cant speak for the protank been hesitant on that based on reviews
But T3" and evod have been the best I found so far
Still would like better
But a lot better then the CE that I was first sold
Man burnt hits out of 7 only 3 survived the 1st week

I am honestly shocked that no one else has had problems with these things. They have been a headache for me from the start. As for the CE once burnt always burnt (like a cartomizer). I burnt out my first heads pretty quickly, but after a bit of research, if you take a lighter, longer draw and swirl them at half a tank they do well enough to get by ;) Also if they have less than two wicks, they are terrible IMHO.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
I have 3 protanks going right now and they are all awesome. No leaks, only bad experience was with the first head i used, it was a lemon. All the others have been great and im using one with a evod head and rewicked it with cheese cloth, awesome. For me these are siimple to use, work great, have had no issues since that first head and they are stupid easy to rebuild. Protanks and evods are all I use now, the cartotank just sits there now

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess I am one of the fortunate ones when it comes to T3's and evods. Have been using them almost exclusively for the past few months. Love them. I've also had really good luck with the little CE3's. They are the only juice delivery device hubby will use. Bottom coil all the way for us.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I am honestly shocked that no one else has had problems with these things. They have been a headache for me from the start. As for the CE once burnt always burnt (like a cartomizer). I burnt out my first heads pretty quickly, but after a bit of research, if you take a lighter, longer draw and swirl them at half a tank they do well enough to get by ;) Also if they have less than two wicks, they are terrible IMHO.

I'm not saying the t3"s are great just that they have been a lot better then the CE"s Ive had
The Flavor night and day as well
But I feel there is better out there, Might try carto tank next
the only other issue I've had with T3 and evod's are once in a wile the replacement coil might be bad
but I have 5 of each going no real issue's

rprata

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Providence, RI
I just got a Protank with 3 extra heads. Out of 5 heads, 4 leak like crazy to the point I emailed the vendor I got it from and told them how unhappy I am. Same with the T3 heads. The BCC's in general are supposed to be the cats meow but they aren't even close. I've switched to some CE4's for now, except when I'm hitting the Z-Atty.

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
I have a couple of T3's, they work but I personally just don't like them, maybe if I used them more I would have problems. I have heard that the evod vapes pretty much the same as the T3 so I haven't tried any.

As for the protank, I just can't get past the metal drip tip.

I also have a vapeonly BBC Tank and once I switched out the drip tip, it is pretty good, I have heard some people say it vapes like the T3, but I did not find the draw as airy and therefore I like it better and it is pretty much problem free.

I have really come to the conclusion that I like the top coils better, it's probably the warmer vape. My all day clearo is the T2, never any problems with them, I still have one supplier that sells them, so I am starting to buy and hoard them. Everyone's experiences seem so different with the same equipment, so I guess it boils down to what works for you.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
As all this stuff is made in China with "strict attention to quality control" I understand how different people have different experiences. This thread was ment for the people that have experienced problems with BCC's.

I am glad that there are people out there that haven't experienced problems.

I hear you, ive just purchased 6 evods and 2 protanks and all were perfect, and i have 2 friends using evods with no issue ever. I feel like some ecig shops are more like outlets, who buy up stock lots with imperfections and etc, and pass them off as a quality product. Then of course there is always the people who will find a way to screw something up, no matter how simple it is. As a computer tech the latter comes as no surprise to me.

Im not trying to direct any of that at you in particular, you are rebuilding the heads to be even better than out of the box. It was also nice of you to share. I just comment because i see a lot of threads about these products not working and im always kind of surprised after my experiences

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I hear you, ive just purchased 6 evods and 2 protanks and all were perfect, and i have 2 friends using evods with no issue ever. I feel like some ecig shops are more like outlets, who buy up stock lots with imperfections and etc, and pass them off as a quality product. Then of course there is always the people who will find a way to screw something up, no matter how simple it is. As a computer tech the latter comes as no surprise to me.

Im not trying to direct any of that at you in particular, you are rebuilding the heads to be even better than out of the box. It was also nice of you to share. I just comment because i see a lot of threads about these products not working and im always kind of surprised after my experiences

I have to agree with you volume. I have 3 protanks from 3 different vendors ive been using for a couple months or so and ive never had any issues as others have. Im also still using the heads from the original 5 pack i bought. I thought id do some rebuilding but why. I can get a 5pk of heads for 6bux. Its just not worth my time. I started Vaping this time to be hassle free and since i switched away from the vision and smoktek vivi novas, ive gotten that. The Protank has been a godsend IMHO

But as always, this is only my personal :2c:

Silver

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have never, ever, ever had flooding, leaking or gurgling problems with genuine KangerTech BCC's that weren't of my own making. And believe me--if it can leak, I can make it leak. But I can also fix it.

I have a friend with Evod knockoffs that he got on eBay. Guess what he has a problem with?

If you're going to try BCC's from Kanger, please make sure you're getting original equipment. The knockoffs you might find at [that site which shall not be mentioned outside of the FastTech thread] might work. But they might not and that's you're own dang fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread