bottom feed vs top feed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatterthelogan

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2011
maryland
im interested in the glv3 i already have the 2 and am happy with it.i have not had much luck with tank systems so juice fed seems like a good option. obviously bottom feed is fed from the bottom and top from teh top, but what is the difference? what are the pro's and cons of each set up. i know with the glv3 you can pick either or both. i just wanna be able to make an educated decision

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I used a madvapes DOD at home which is pretty much like a top feeder. It's a little cumbersome for on the go though. I use a Reo mini when I'm out which is a bottom feeder. I don't see a lot of difference. I think what's more important is getting the right amount of juice in there. How it gets there doesn't seem to matter much.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Mickey has it right; the juice/atomizer/power equation works regardless of which door the juice entered in. The problem—if there is one—is in controlling with precision the amount of juice. With this sort of blind feed mechanism where you can't actually see the number of drops going in, you have to develop a knack for it. Some get it; others try, fail, wind up listing the thing for sale in the classies.

drac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Hi I just got the GLV3 Mine is the top or bottom feed. I am new to a feeder system but when I was using the bottom feed I could not keep the atty wet. The bottle and tube worked the operator needs practice. I switched to top feed and for me it worked great. I could see juice moving up the exposed tube so I had some idea how much I was using. I liked how good the GLV was to use without the feeder attached I put a tank on it and use it 99% that way. Hope that is a bit of help to you.
Drac

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
I found that a 510 atty is good for top feed, but bad for bottom feed. bottom feeders should, in my opinion use a 306 with clear drip tip. reason, the 510 is harder to bottom feed, takes more juice, and you can't see how much is in there. the 306 takes less juice and when you feed it, you will see a little bit of juice above the atty inside the drip tip. thats how you know it's wet.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I use a bottom feeder (Reo) and like to direct drip onto the atty a few times a day. Always at the start of each new day, and depending on the juice, at least 3 top offs throughout the day. For some reason, my attys like to be topped off the old fashioed way... whether they be 306 or 510. It might be the way I squeeze, but I seem to do well throughout the rest of the times of the day.... so, in effect, I guess one can say I have the best of both worlds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread