Bought a KGO, now I'm lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizli

Feb 7, 2012
Ohio
Hello everyone, glad to be a part of the community!
Now, I need help :)

I'm pretty lost actually.
So this is what I bought (based on a lot of reading through forurms):
KGO/eGo Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

The questions that I have right away are:
- Can those cartridges be re-used? Those came with a kit I meant, or do I need to order more?
- Where can I buy compatible cartos? Went through bunch of sites, but nothing is KGO... and I read not all KGOs are eGO/510 compatible lol
- I keep reading about drip tip, do I need one? I'm assuming this kit did not have one.
- Do I have to fill the cart it came with all the way? What if I don't like the ejuice it came with? Will it hurt the cart if it's barely filled?

I wish there were more youtube videos for KGO! LOL

Anyway, Thanks for all the help :oops:

Rainielu

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
Wilmington NC
Those cartridges can be reused. Just wash them out and let them dry. The white stuffing can also be washed and reused.

I'm not sure about compatibility with Ego cartridges, sorry.

You don't NEED a drip tip. You can use a drip tip in place of cartridges. They're nifty and some people use them exclusively. I only use a drip tip when I am sampling new flavors.

You can drip a couple drops of liquid right into the atomizer to see if you like it.

Hope that helps! On a side note, I lived in Ohio for several years until I moved to NC about a year ago. Welcome to ECF!

Dan1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1) Yes, they can be reused, just pull the filler out, rinse it off, let it dry, and toss more juice in it.

2) any ego/510 connection can be used. I buy my carto's from liberty flights usually. Just grab some 510 Boge cartomizers. I use Low resistance stuff on my KGo most often when I take it out, but you may prefer standard resistance. I'd say grab a package of each.

3) You dont need a drip tip to use your device, but they are nice to have.

4) Just fill them up to the point where the cart looks nice and wet. The filler material is quite heat resistant, you'll know when your vaping a dry atty.

I suggest taking one of those carts and taking the filler out of them completely and using the cart as a tip. You could even cut the end with the small hole off completely and use it as a makeshift drip tip. After this, you can drip directly on the atty. About 3 drops and then add a few more drops after it starts to taste not quite right. You'll get pretty good at it eventually and you will know when the next drag is going to taste burnt before it does.

That being said, I hate carts. Never had a good experience with them, I went to dripping like 3 days after I started vaping and now I mostly use cartomizers.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
From the link you posted, "Parts are compatible and interchangeable with the standard eGo, 510, and Riva model atomizers, cartridges...", which means you are looking for eGo/510 cartos in your carto search.

Always fill the cart completely and pull the filler out and clean it if you do not like the flavor. (Or drip the juice on the atomizer and vape it that way if you don't want to fill the cart.)

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out Crystal Clear Vaping. They have great prices for cartos and free shipping. They sell the Boge 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm cartos and also the Ressurectors. The Ressurectors are awesome and hold about twice as much juice as the Boges, but since they are alot bigger they might be alittle harder to learn how to fill with. I didnt think they were hard at all but I cant say some people wont have trouble with it. Either cartos work awesome on a kGo and if you order a 15-pack you get a free drip tip!
Prefilled cartos are alot more expensive and greatly limit your choices, I know it might seem easier, but filling your own is simple and can be done quickly. You could fill a bunch, put the rubber caps back on, and then your good for a few days

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
You can buy Prefilled Boge 2.0 cartos here. They seem to have a decent number of flavors, but I don't know anything about the vendors or the flavors. You can get up to 24mg nic here and these are LR cartos.
510 BOGE Cartomizers |510 Pre-Filled LR Cartomizer |Boge 510 Cartomizer|Boge 510 Low Resistance Carto's

Or here, also about about 20 flavors. The highest nic I saw here for prefilled cartos was 11mg. These are SR Cartos.
A package of 5 pre-filled 510 or eGo electronic cigarette cartomizers

You can also buy Drip Tips at either vendor.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
And FYI cart = cartridge used on an atomizer. Carto = cartomizer (short-life, has its own heating coil, most can get 7 or more days use out of each)

Boge 510 2 ohm (the hotter ones) are most popular on 450mah+ 510-hreaded devices. The 3ohm ones are cooler and a bit more forgiving to learn on. In general they work best with thin clear juices. I use 80PG/20VG and I try to avoid dark/cloudy/opaque liquids that drop carto-clogging flavoring sediment.

carts are filled just until they look damp but not a puddle.

cartos must be filled completely to their stated capacity and Boge cartos are about 1ml so you need to fit 20-26 drops into on. Leave the bottle condom and spike on while filling from the top. Alternately some (not me) push 1ml in using a carto.condom. In any case, the carto then needs to be cleaned up then allowed to settle. I lay the carto on end and on all sides over 15-20 minutes to make sure the juice has dampened every bit of stuffing. Then you need to keep a carto damp so it doesn't singe. Many use a plastic or delrin drip tip as a mouthpiece instead of the endcap - wider stream of vapor, cool lips, easy to pull it out to see if the top of the stuffing has gone light and could use juice, easy to pull out to add juice (with carto off battery)

You can also use a drip tip on your atomizer to test juices. If your atomizer is about 9.2mm diameter then it takes a 510 drip tip. If your atomizer is more like 14mm diameter then it probably needs an Ego drip tip. And BTW those fancy Cherry Vapes Ming and Pawn drips tips are often too wide at the o-ring for normal 510 atomizers and cartomizers.

Most use carts + atomizer when starting out (if they bought a model with an atomizer), then switch to cartomizers for their favorite everyday juices and dripping on atomizer at home to test new juices or vape occasional juices.

Last edited:

grizli

Feb 7, 2012
Ohio
Thank you everyone! This info just made everything a lot easier :)
Are boge 2.0 better than Smoketech 1.7 cartos? Which one is easier for someone who's still use to the real cig? (I haven't use my KGO once yet... it's charging)

Since I ended up buying KGO, is there some good carrying case for it?
I originally thought you could buy a pack-looking carrying case, but this thing is way too big for that :2cool:

Also, my wife is asking for a starter kit, anyone is aware of a place that sells KGOs in pink/purple?

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Forgot to ask, I'm trying to start with ecig where I left off with analog, in terms of nicotine - do juices each have their own rating on nicotine?

Yes, it is measured in mg/ml and is usually just marked as "mg".
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/261114-tobacco-cigarette-vs-e-cigarette-nicotine-equivalency.html Maybe that will help?

Since absorbsion doesn't directly apply the same to both, I always recommend new vapors get a selection, low mg to high mg, so that they can find which strength works for them.

Also a selection of flavors as that is an important, but often overlooked, element to making the switch.

Rainielu

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
Wilmington NC
It looks like Virgin Vapor has one in pink. They also sell cases.

Cartomizers and atomizers die eventually - they just stop heating up and producing vapor. It's pretty hit or miss but I tend to get a month or more from an atomizer. I don't use cartomizers but I've read here that about 7 days is a good life (and some vet will come along and give better advice, eventually!). Sometimes atomizers get burned out and I am guessing the same is true for cartomizers - they just start tasting burnt and you can't wash that taste out and you know it's time to start a new one.

Nicotine strength seems, to me, to be as subjective as flavors. When I told the store worker I smoked 2 packs a day, he suggested 24 mg nicotine juice. That ended up to be too strong for me so I dipped down to 18mg and that has been just right.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
How do you know when to throw them away? Sorry for my ignorance...

Usually you will know when it's hard to inhale through the carto and you aren't getting much flavor. It really depends on your juice. Some people get a couple days, others get a couple weeks.

Just make sure to keep your cartomizer really wet so you don't burn the filler. Then they will need to be thrown away. Do you know how to fill them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread