Bought a kit today, already smoking with it... Now, what the hell idid I buy? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyfinn

Jan 12, 2013
earth
Hello again,

I hit a brick and mortar store today and bought a kit and 30ml "Tampa Silver" juice. Pretty good tasting.

anyway, I'm not sure what the hell I have here but I took a couple of pics which I'll post at the bottom. Can you guys look at the pics and tell me if thi is "knock-off" stuff or the real thing?

Here's what the receipt says:

"Clearomizer Kit-KITS1010 - $69.99
2 - Ego-T upgrade 650
3 Clearomizers
1 Wall Hugger
1 USB Cord
1 Bag
Silver - 30ml-LQ304015 - $20.00

$89.99
6.30 Tax

$96.29 TOTAL

On the way there I decided to do some price negotiation. But when I started looking at and trying stuff I totally forgot about it. "Say, what was in that juice anyway?"

So, is this stuff "real," not "knock-off" material?\

Was the price fair or did I get screwed?

Here are the pics... and thanks!

resizedimage1.jpg resizedimage2.jpg

Last edited:

eehtpc

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Southampton, NY, USA
I paid a lot more and got a lot less when I bought the first generation nJoy back in 2007. Looks like the batteries are genuine Joyetech for sure. Look for the logo. Clearomizers on the other hand are very hard sometimes to identify. Case in point, pbusardo recommended the Kanger T3 as the best clearo out there and got a lot of pushback from people claiming to be using a T3 but getting a completely different experience. Turns out there's many out there labeled Kanger T3 or T3 at least.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
You got the real joytech, actually its not too bad of a deal ,he could have given you a knock off,you paid 69.99 for the kit minus the juice but overpaid for the juice,so you did not too bad,you over paid by about $5 bucks or so juice but he gave the tanks, i Say you did ok.CONGRATULATIONS

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/joyegockit.htm

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I get a low price. 2x$15 batteries plus 3x5.00 clearos plus 5.00 wall charger plus $3.00 plug plus ok....that's 53.00 so 17.00 for juice. Those are all good prices no shipping. M a y b e the clearos are crummy but that be $4.50 less. It's definitely not a rip off. Hope you like the juice. I've paid up to $27.00 for 30 ml

mickeyfinn

Jan 12, 2013
earth
It's so hard anymore, prices vary so much, even online! All in all I think you did alright, is there a name, other than the flavor on the juice? I agree it was pricey, unless it's bought from another vendor.
I can buy 64ml from my B&M for $17.50, any mg I want, for comparison.

They make their own there. All it says on the bottle is "Tampa Vapor" - which is the name of the store, with an "18" highlighted on the label.

I was told the number designates the nicotine content of the juice and "18" is about the equivalent of the Marlboro's I was smoking.

I've been 7 hours without a Marlboro now and I'm not craving one.

I think this might work. (crossing fingers) Hard to type with crossed fingers. :)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your decision to quit smoking!

Just a little FYI but the term for using an electronic cigarette is vaping, no smoke comes out of it so youre not smoking anymore.

Id recommend getting some backup batteries and different flavors of juices as soon as you can. Can never have enough backups!

hotrod3539

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A
I paid a lot more and got a lot less when I bought the first generation nJoy back in 2007. Looks like the batteries are genuine Joyetech for sure. Look for the logo. Clearomizers on the other hand are very hard sometimes to identify. Case in point, pbusardo recommended the Kanger T3 as the best clearo out there and got a lot of pushback from people claiming to be using a T3 but getting a completely different experience. Turns out there's many out there labeled Kanger T3 or T3 at least.

If you check out the gates page of his blog on TasteYourJuice.com he is in contact with Kanger trying to sort it out with no definite answer yet.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
Not a bad deal for a starter I would recommend getting your next set of supplies from somewhere cheaper . As I said before smok tek is local and can get them to you next day the alien vision juice they carry is really good as well. Other venders with good juice is backwoods brew altcig and hhv those are the ones I have tried and liked alot. Oh and go to the meet this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread