Need advice on what e-cig starter kit to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Ok thanks for all the replies guys, big help. I managed to get it off but it did take 3 pliers to do it. I went about cleaning it all and probably went too far, I washed the entire tank with water and wipes and even the coil with water... I'm sure you're not to meant to wash coils, now anyway. So I haven't tried properly but I don't think it's vaping well if at all, I haven't tried inhaling yet because I dread those horrible tastes and as a whole it doesn't sound right or natural.

So if anyone could give me a few pointers about cleaning tanks, that would be good. What I know now is that you should wash with warm water and only the middle section taking away the (filter?) and bottom half so you're left with the glass tank and metal thingy! Sorry for my poor descriptions.. I also would be interested to know how damaging is using metal pliers anyway? I mean it can't be healthy and that's why I'm hoping I'll never need them again but perhaps there's something else out there that works that I could get from amazon, a rubber equivalent or something.

When it comes to storing e-liquid, if it's from already mixed and bought in a bottle by a website I heard putting it in a fridge can be harmful and room temperature is best in that case also to avoid daylight so in a dark cupboard or something.

Well thanks.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks to everyone for all the support as its been priceless. I'm saving so much and stuff like that. I went with the Nautlis again and I'm being extra careful when it comes to tightening it. I do one day want to get a backup e cig, something different but for now I'm sort of taking the risk of putting all my cards on this one device, hoping this time it'll last.

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
Does anybody have any guidelines to when you wash the tank? Also with regard to the 4 holes from widest to thinnest, I find that I must have it on the tighest/thinnest hole to get a tight throat hit, do you think that it's variability in that area makes it less effective than a tank that solely does just the one?

Also when it comes to buying liquids, I'm buying 60ml at a time, how do you youse go about stocking up on liquids? Same with coils (think its the coils that need changing after some refills right?) I bought 10 and I've im on no 2 at the moment. I'm glad I bought 10 so I don't need to worry about ordering online. So same question with coils as that to liquids, how do you go about stocking up so you don't need to worry about running out?

Thank you! :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I wash the tank out every few fills (probably 5, 6, 7 fills depending on liquid - about a 10ml bottle).
My coil stash is fairly epic as mostly I use plug and play atomizer heads. I have boxes and boxes all ordered from China (obviously) and tend to bag bargain deals in the UK when they pop up.
Currently, 14 BVC coils (3 packs less a new one yesterday).
20 Kanger OCC (4 packs)
and on the way from China, 20 of the new SOCC/TOCC/VOCC for my old/unloved tanks.

So, that looks like 54 replacement heads. ... :eek: ... got to be more than 6 months-worth even if I stopped using rebuildable tanks.

When the proverbial hits the fan next year, I want to be a year ahead of myself.

20ml-30ml of liquid in advance is all you need if you are happy to vape any flavours.

Anyway, something like that.:p

Reactions: JDHW

JDHW

Moved On
Jun 3, 2015
I wash the tank out every few fills (probably 5, 6, 7 fills depending on liquid - about a 10ml bottle).
My coil stash is fairly epic as mostly I use plug and play atomizer heads. I have boxes and boxes all ordered from China (obviously) and tend to bag bargain deals in the UK when they pop up.
Currently, 14 BVC coils (3 packs less a new one yesterday).
20 Kanger OCC (4 packs)
and on the way from China, 20 of the new SOCC/TOCC/VOCC for my old/unloved tanks.

So, that looks like 54 replacement heads. ... :eek: ... got to be more than 6 months-worth even if I stopped using rebuildable tanks.

When the proverbial hits the fan next year, I want to be a year ahead of myself.

20ml-30ml of liquid in advance is all you need if you are happy to vape any flavours.

Anyway, something like that.:p

Wow awesome I won't be breaking any records anytime soon then lol, thanks for the reply!

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread