• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Boulder Vapor House!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Just visited the new B&M in Boulder, the Boulder Vapor House, and what a great time! They carry a wide array of juices and equipment. They have a small cig-a-like starter kit, Smoktech Winders, iClear tanks, Provaris, innokkin iTaste VV and a bunch of other gear. No Joyetech or Kanger products, but a solid lineup considering they've only been open for a month. Lots of choices for ejuices, lots of fruity flavors which I really like. The owner seems to really know his stuff and appears to be training his new staff. Cool vibe and you could spend all day trying out their yummy juices. I picked up a Winder, a few tanks, a charger and some juice for about $60. Good prices for a B&M. Parking is a bit difficult as they are located on University Hill in Boulder, but a few passes around the block and I found a spot. Check them out if you're in town! Support your local vape shop! :D

chabos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2013
Boulder
Yay! I was specifically hoping to find some Boulder vapers, but another BVH fan is even better :D. I'm the type that normally buys almost everything online, I hate the markups from B&M stores no matter what type of product they sell. But I make a point of occasionally buying some of my supplies from BHV just because they're so awesome. Obviously they carry good vaping products, but I think what really sets them apart is the art. It makes me never want to leave. On a related note, the co-owner and wife of the guy you talked to told me that they plan on building a lounge in the unused room. I'm super excited to say the least. Oh, and you're 100% right about the owners and employees knowing their stuff. I went into Wild Side before BVH, and the guy there didn't even know what a cartomizer was. When I explained it to him, he asked something along the lines of "Oh, you mean the tank with the sponge thing in it?" He also insisted that cartos, clearos, atomizers, and carto tanks were all the same thing, and that clearo and carto were just brand names. Then I went into BVH, and the owner gave me advice on coil rebuilding on an RBA. It was a very pleasant change, and I haven't been back to Wild Side since. Any way, are you a fellow Boulderite Ruby? Or were you just visiting?

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
I went hear this afternoon for the first time. All I can say is it's pretty meh. First it has an odd layout. The shop is separated into two rooms with a doorway between them. There's no door in it, so it sort of makes it open, but not really.

They have lots of juice and carry some pretty solid brands. So if you are in the area and need juice it's a good place to go. I can't comment on the juice prices because I didn't ask.

If you are looking for a $150+ mech or RBA they have some choices. I saw 5 or 6 different mechs, 2 RBA's and 3 or 4 RDA's. I get why stores don't stock loads of these, they are an expensive piece of stock and you don't want to be stuck with $5k worth of pricey inventory that might not sell.

If you are a completely new vaper or an avid user of ego style batteries and clearos this place will be fine for you. They don't have tons of products "entry level" products but they do have a good amount. No idea what the prices are like though, I am guessing sort of high.

I went in to get a bridgless 510 atomizer. It was like $7.50 out the door, which I think is entirely too high. It wasn't a name brand of superb quality, just the same sort of no name product you see on thousands of websites that go for $3-$5. I appreciate that B&M's have overhead but charging more than 2x what most online sellers charge is a little much.

If you are looking for "intermediate" equipment, like an RSST, AGA-t, IGO, don't even bother going to this place, they don't have it or if they do it's hidden. Want a APV with VV/VW, well your choices seem to be the MVP2 or SVD. If you are looking for anything else you are going to be out of luck.

Customer service is pretty much average to poor. I asked what resistance the atomizer was and the clerk sort of looked it me like he couldn't understand why I would ask. He asked the other employee working, he was fiddling with his phone intently and didn't seem interested in responding, but finally shouted, check it on the reader. Well it's a good thing I asked because after several attempts to read the resistance it was determined that it was a faulty unit. I suggested we check a different one and it came in at 3.1 ohms. Not exactly what I wanted but I was desperate to get one, and didn't have the time to drive around to other shops looking so I had to take it.

If you are not right by this place, call in advance and see if they have what you want and how much they are charging for it. You'll thank me later.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
To Chabos: I grew up in Louisville, which means that I basically grew up in Boulder because in the early 90's, there was not much going on in Louisville, unlike today! I have since moved on from Boulder Vapor House for reasons that I'd rather keep private, and I don't wish to rag on B&M's too much.

To Jffvera (and Chabos): I WILL say that if you are within 50 miles of Louisville, you MUST GO TO STEAMSPOT!!! They are off S.Boulder Rd. in Louisville, and provide everything from high end mechs and drippers, to entry level eGos and Protanks (as well as everything in between.) They have the BEST selection of juices in Colorado and their prices rival those of online retailers. I recently picked up my Kayfun Lite Plus and my Turtle Ship mod from them and they gave me SCREAMING customer service (in a good way.) Ryan, the owner, is amazing and a wealth of knowledge about all that is vaping. He'll let you hang out and chat for a thousand hours, try every juice in the store, help you build your RBA's and then give you free batteries. They will get my business FOREVER!!!

Just some thoughts. Hope you are all well and having a lovely vape right now. Cheers!

Silense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Boulder
I live about 2 blocks from BVH. Owner and Jason are cool dudes. Always fun to go there and shoot the .... and talk vaping. Have some stellar high end mods which I like since i'm past the beginner stage (or so I think) and carry some very quality juices from reputable companies like Space Jam, The Standard, Halo.... If your in the "hill" area check em out, cool spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread