Box mod on/off switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I'm a long time vaporer, but not very smart when it comes to the mods and the way they work.

Here is my question:

I have a few VV box mods. the on/noff switch has quit working so the box won't work. Unless u put a piece aluminum foil on the switch connecting the two posts together. I know enough to know it is making the box on all the time. I am wondering if this is safe? Other than it staying on and having the possibility of accidentally hitting the button while it's in my pocket or something like that. I was thinking if soldering the two posts to make I work, but I don't know if a battery could blow up or something crazy like that. Any suggestions would be great. I just don't think I'm smart enough to install a new switch so I'm hoping this is a safe easy fix for my mods that u cannot use at the moment.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
No, it won't blow up or anything like that. You're simply shorting out the wires to the on/off switch with the aluminum foil. Soldering would be a more permanent fix, but if the foil is doing what you want then I wouldn't bother. Like you said, there is the posibility of it being turned on in your pocket so I wouldn't recommend carrying it where that is likely to happen. But you can just unscrew the atty or carto and carry it separately, or take the battery out if you put the boxmod in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread