Gen Two Mods.. 1.21 GigaWatts!!. AKA: A box I'd like to get into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
Okay, so maybe 1.21GW is a little bit of an exaggeration but 504W is still quite a bit of power. It almost seems unreal.

I'm an experienced dripper and I've used my fair share of mech mods and regulated box mods but I have yet to make the jump into unregulated box mods.

I saw Gen Two's unregulated mods while surfing, but I haven't been able to find much more information on these. The site seems to make these seem like the greatest gift to vaping since the invention of hot-ladies vaping on instagram, but I'm not completely sold. I realize, after all, that they are actually trying to sell me something...

I'm not hung up on the cost. $200 for a great mod is an easy sell, particularly if it includes the battery and charger as well as letting me put "10 characters of personalized text". "I am the best." "Vape Steady"

Does anyone out there has any experience with the Gen Two's mods? Is it safe? Is the LiPO battery a better battery? It seems much better, although I'm not very smart and I'm still not convinced that "electricity" is a real thing. So...

Can someone buy one of these, use it for a few weeks and then let me know what they think?

Cheers.

Also, if it doesn't work out, just use that 504W to power a time machine to go back in time and convince yourself to quit smoking.

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
Got an email from GenTwoMods today. He's sending actual pictures of the steambeard mod to me tomorrow which I will post here. They also they offer a $25 battery replacement service if/when the LiPO battery gives out.

I'm fairly sold on these and I'm leaning towards buying, if only to satisfy my curiosity.

Thoughts?

I've never personally heard about GenTwoMods but here's my thought on the mech mod box you posted:

That 504W number just means if you build a .14 coil and fire on a full battery, you'll get that much power. Honestly, most mech box mods I've seen from local people around here with proper mosfets will do the same, so it's not too special. I was told the mosfet in my box will handle something absurd like 0.03 or something stupid like that yet I've never built lower than .1 and even that's too hot for me personally.

$180 seems to be on the high end. You can get a mosfet mech box for $70-$100 around here easy. Granted, this would be 2x 18650 batteries instead of a LiPo. I don't know much about the LiPo batteries (I'd love to find out more) so unless you'd get alot more battery life out of it, I don't think it'd be worth it.

I will have to say that since I got my box mod, my tube mods have pretty much been retired. I love it. I've been loving my God mod I got for Christmas but if you wanna build low, the unregulated box mod will be the way you wanna go.

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
Thanks for the info. I've used plenty of regulated boxes and they're my daily "go to". I only pick up my mech mods now and then as a curiosity or for fun. I get how the watts are consistent across most mods at a constant battery level. It just seems like so much more after vaping off of a 150w box all day.

What really caught my eye is the advertised 2-3 days of battery life. I can only get < a day from twin 18650's and I'm not into carrying around any of the twin 26650 mods.

I dig the God mod and it's definitely on my short list but I don't know if I like the size. I haven't held one yet but it seems like three 18650's would be a pretty big package. Do you rotate your batteries in your god mod? i.e. position one battery to position two, position two battery to position 3, position 3 battery to position one, etc...

Any opinion on the potzbox?

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
20141226_193221.jpg 20141226_193245.jpg

Pictures of the GenTwo Mods Steambeard mech box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread