Brand new attys all taste like burnt metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmarti58

Sep 20, 2011
Central Ohio
Okay, I ordered 6 regular 510 attys from myvaporstore.com, they all taste burnt, I can't smoke them. Some don't even produce any vapor, and they get REALLY hot. I also have 3 low resistance attys, only two of those taste halfway decent. I cannot taste ANY of the ejuice at all. I filled my cartridges full, I tried dripping directly onto the attys, nothing. I'm about ready to throw them all out. The only thing I like halfway decent are my eGo tanks.

What am I doing wrong? I even rinsed one out under hot water, left to sit 15 minutes, and now it doesn't even work.

I've been at this only a couple of months, but it's all REALLY hard!

p.s. using mega and regular 510 attys from myvaporstore.com. Tried them on my eGo battery and the vapor was a bit better, but they still tasted like burnt metal. I have no idea why they would vape better on an eGo battery.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Did you blow the primer fluid out before vaping? Try rinsing them under water again and blow them out hardcore and then dry burn them untill the coil glows dark orange. You don't want the coil to turn bright bright orange or you could pop the coil. Do this several times untill you see the wick turn white again then rinse it one more time to get the ash out and dry burn to dry it out then drip 8 drops directly onto the coil wait 2 mins pull through it hard a cpl times without firing it then vape.

msmarti58

Sep 20, 2011
Central Ohio
I didn't realize they had primer on them. Why would they put that on there? Nothing glows in there, it's just a high metal piece sticking up. I'm only familiar with Clearomizer wicks and eGo Tank wicks, not these. They SUCK! I also think the kit came with prefilled cartos but those also taste like ..... I put some Red Bull in there, still no taste but acrid metal. Also tried putting some fresh batting in there of my own that I bought along with them but I seem to be doing it wrong, bunch of juice goes into my mouth and NO vapor output, bleah. Feeling dizzy and nauseous from all this testing and got e juice all over my hands and into my mouth!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Yeah most atomizers come with a primer fluid to keep the coil wet to prevent people from popping them as soon as they get them. Just stick with one atty and drip into it...it should start tasting alot better if you keep the coil soaked for a while and vape away all the primer. The carts really don't work well at all. Nobody really uses carts anymore they replace it with a drip tip and just drip 3-5 drops when the flavor subsides. In my opinion there is no better flavor/vapor/TH out there than using a good atty like cisco spec from avidvaper.com and dripping. It takes a while to get the hang of it at first but once you get them working right you will love it. It's possible that you got some bunk attys though. You could contact myvaporstore and see if they might replace them. Best of luck to you!

msmarti58

Sep 20, 2011
Central Ohio
I don't understand the different ohms. I like low resistance attys. I have mega 510 batteries and I have e Go T batteries, which LR attys do I need? I like LOTS of vapor, and I don't need a throat hit, but like lots of flavor. I am a VERY light smoker, only in times of stress, and typically smoke 6 mg or less, but if I want a little kick, I have 18 mg as well. Lately I vape a lot b/c it's fun.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
I would recommend cleaning them first. Get a paper towel and blow them out, and put a piece of he p-towel onto the bridge (The mesh thingy inside the tube).then I would either use vodka and submerge them for an hour (or use hot water), stirring a bit. Blow them out, let them dry, then drip a bunch of drop, like 6 into them, let it soak in, blow it out, and then repeat. If it still tastes bad, just keep hitting one but don't inhale. I know its pretty annoying, some have more primer than others but when you have a properly burned in atty, it vapes like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread