Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
When i bought the wotofo bravo rta, i was much impressed. After the initial difficulties of the clamp style coil posts and tricky wicking, i settled in with it and found it quite awesome. So much that i bought a second one. Ten months later, not so awesome anymore. I have not changed anything with my coil builds or wick method once i found the sweet spot. But 2 days after freshly wicking, it tastes burnt, like i been vaping the thing for 2 months instead of 2 days. What gives? My go to build is dual 22ga kanthal, 7 wraps at 2.5mm inside diameter. Rings in at .19 to .21 ohms which i fire at 60 to 65 watts. On the bravo, i pack a strip of cotton down in the juice well to help prevent leaking which will happen if you dont do this. It does not prevent the wicking from absorbing adequate amount of juice so dry hits are not the issue. Just nasty burnt taste after 2 days now for no apparent reason. Methinks its time to move on to bigger and better things. My temp fix is i just cleaned up my dead rabbit and giving it vape time again. The rabbit makes awesome flavor but dripping gets messy after a bit. So im on the hunt for a new rta. I understand there is a dead rabbit rta available now. Has anyone tried this yet? Any other suggestions?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
When i bought the wotofo bravo rta, i was much impressed. After the initial difficulties of the clamp style coil posts and tricky wicking, i settled in with it and found it quite awesome. So much that i bought a second one. Ten months later, not so awesome anymore. I have not changed anything with my coil builds or wick method once i found the sweet spot. But 2 days after freshly wicking, it tastes burnt, like i been vaping the thing for 2 months instead of 2 days. What gives? My go to build is dual 22ga kanthal, 7 wraps at 2.5mm inside diameter. Rings in at .19 to .21 ohms which i fire at 60 to 65 watts. On the bravo, i pack a strip of cotton down in the juice well to help prevent leaking which will happen if you dont do this. It does not prevent the wicking from absorbing adequate amount of juice so dry hits are not the issue. Just nasty burnt taste after 2 days now for no apparent reason. Methinks its time to move on to bigger and better things. My temp fix is i just cleaned up my dead rabbit and giving it vape time again. The rabbit makes awesome flavor but dripping gets messy after a bit. So im on the hunt for a new rta. I understand there is a dead rabbit rta available now. Has anyone tried this yet? Any other suggestions?
I suggest you pick up the Dead Rabbit RTA. Vapes very much like it but it's a tank. I find dripping and squonking also dissapointing. I'm not a dual coil person, but it works fine.
In that area, I'd also look at the Themis RTA, easy to build and wick and has great flavor.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
If you think the dead rabbit gives awesome flavour but finding dripping messy, why not consider keeping the awesome flavour but squonking instead?

Better flavour. More juice capacity. Easier rebuilding.
Im kinda on the hunt for a new mod too. Maybe a squonk might be the next thing for me.

• Winner
Reactions: dom qp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread