Break Even Point- Time to save money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdunn96

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo NY
How Much Have You Saved??

I see a lot of people saying they have spent a fortune on vaping supplies. I dove right into vaping in the beginning of June. I smoked a pack and a half a day Newport in NY, that is roughly $15 a day which is around $400 month if not more. I started with the Tornado and the inferno from Volcano e-cig. Then I quickly moved to a mod and got a torpedo tube which I love but I needed something VV for when I go out. I bought 2 ego twists and problem solved. Now you throw in some Vivi tanks and a couple HH 357 atomizers along with cartos, clearo's and basic atty's. I got drip tips about 7 different styles and a good selection of juice. I think I have about 15 different flavors from a couple vendors. I cannot forget batteries, 2 back up sets. Oh wait I forgot my favorite, the V-MAX I just bought, great unit by the way. Now with all that I still have saved about $500 over the last 3 months. This is with my health getting better and I get to have fun trying new things and I just down right love to vape. The best decision I have ever made, well my daughters really pushed for this also!!! Besides the health benefits you will save money over time!

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
I use a P-10, P-18, and Icon and even with the upfront cost with atty's, cartos, juice, drip tips, etc it doesn't take long to start saving. Now I'm starting to diy and the day to day cost is even better. I have kept my overall cost down by trying to remember if something "new" comes out I don't have to rush out to buy it.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Those of us who blow money on Mods ect... aren't complaining. I enjoy searching out new mods accessories to try them out and do a youtube review. Ive had some vendors give me some stuff but Id prefer to buy I feel like if I payed for it I have a right to say what ever I please about the product. Verses if its given to me I feel funny about pointing out defects. I bet I could not buy anything and vape for a couple of years.
Yes its for sure cheaper. Unless you collect the Mod bug but that's your own doing.

It's weird, but I purchased two starter kits (disliked one, liked the second a bit better), then decided on a Volt X2. I had to try clear cartomizers (which doesn't seem to work for a chain vaper too well), and larger-sized cartomizers (which I like). Plus a selection of juices as I'm still trying to find the All-Day Vape, but I think I'm very close on that even if it does involve a bit of mixing...and a flavor most people would consider unpalatably minty and cinnamony.

I mostly made the shift Thursday and every day is fewer analogs. I'm down to 8 today...from two and a half packs.

Even with all that, at the price of cigs break-even day is next Friday!

At which point I'm seriously thinking variable voltage, but let's not go there, eh? :)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
When I started using the Ecigs 3 years ago, I probably spent about $1200 total over two years. My yearly expense on cigarettes is closer to $2000, so I with all said and done, I broke even after 7 or 8 months (although that is calculated after all the totals were in).

Currently I'm in about $210 in supplies, which will go up to about $300 over the next week or so. I'll break even somewhere between 4 and 5 months, depending on how many new APV's I decide to buy in the mean time, lol :)

cdunn96

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo NY
With the price of cigs in NYS at $10 plus I will have no problem always saving money, not to say my health. One of the many things great about vaping is getting to try new products when they come out. Example is I have dripped and used vivi tanks, started using boge carto's this week and I am really starting to like them. I have benefit of a store close by. Good luck all!

Jett1980s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Mount Vapeus
I hear ya man, after 4 months I've finally procured all the necessities I need, which is 1 electronic device which I currently use my Provari, I still have my old Lavatube 1 sitting on the shelf just in case and recently procured a GGTS which is fully mechanical, no electronics and will never die on me, and also an Odysseus that allows me to rebuild my atty at pennies to the dollar, with that said I've come to the end of procuring my E Cig accessories and Mods and am very happy to say from here on out it's just juices and little replacement parts if need be which would cost next to nothing, batteries lasts a long time good to have a few and they aren't expensive. So from here on out it's all savings! I spent just about as much as you before switching over and those resources have allowed me to buy the stuff that I needed alongside buying juices to vape too! Astounding huh to be able to do both! So you can imagine how little juice actually cost! Happy Vaping and Cheers man, I can totally relate to what you posted!

Jett1980s

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2012
Mount Vapeus
Wait like a year,when your buying/selling spree phase has gone and you settled on your main gears and juices.

Then you can hold the ''I saved this much'' speach!

Yeah right,like nothing new,techy and must have will come out of the woodworks :laugh:

Depends on how you view it I guess lol, since I got into rebuidalables I'm pretty much all for it, GG Odysseus and GGTS SS 2012 coming in soon, all I would have to buy are wicks, wires and batteries when I need to, alongisde that I will have my Provari which is pretty much what it is, as per all the reviews on it. Now after that if you continue buying, I would say it's just a want, I have these 2 mods, well just one at the moment the GGTS wont arrive till October but still, just having these 2 mods I don't see the need to get anything else more. Everything else anyone would get beyond such a setup would merely be a want, whether it's the style they like or the design, color they like. But in my opinion I don't see it getting any better than what I will have when my GGTS comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread