Bridge? Wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRT

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Question- on a tutorial I read or saw (cant remember) about dripping, it said to drip directly onto the bridge by touching the liquid drop to the bridge itself, not dripping the drop from a distance down into the atty. My impression of the explanation was that the bridge makes best use of the liquid via wicking, etc... while the liquid that gets anywhere OTHER than the bridge (i.e. down in there in the bottom, around the sides...) is at least partially wasted and contributes to gunking, mess, etc....

My point is this- it seems like dripping through a drip tip makes it impossible to "aim" a drip. Instead, it almost inevitably runs down the inside of the drip tip and goes wherever it wants to inside the atty.

So is it critical to aim my drips by removing the drip tip each time and going straight for the bridge, or can I just lighten the frik up and drip through the tip while it's installed? Thanks in advance, hope this is relevent enough not to be considered a hijack.

tweber

Jan 31, 2011
Alabama
Question- on a tutorial I read or saw (cant remember) about dripping, it said to drip directly onto the bridge by touching the liquid drop to the bridge itself, not dripping the drop from a distance down into the atty. My impression of the explanation was that the bridge makes best use of the liquid via wicking, etc... while the liquid that gets anywhere OTHER than the bridge (i.e. down in there in the bottom, around the sides...) is at least partially wasted and contributes to gunking, mess, etc....

My point is this- it seems like dripping through a drip tip makes it impossible to "aim" a drip. Instead, it almost inevitably runs down the inside of the drip tip and goes wherever it wants to inside the atty.

So is it critical to aim my drips by removing the drip tip each time and going straight for the bridge, or can I just lighten the frik up and drip through the tip while it's installed? Thanks in advance, hope this is relevent enough not to be considered a hijack.

I never take my tips off and haven't had a problem. I sort of aim for the center and it's close enough. So, yeah - Lighten up and enjoy!

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
The mesh and wick help to feed the coil by having absorbed juice in them. When removed, the ceramic cup is all that is left to hold juice. You will have to drip more often to keep the cup filled, which is small so not as many drops. With the mesh and wick you do not have to vape through the juice you have in the atomizer, with just the cup it seems only right to vape it so as not to have free running juice sitting in there. IMO
It also gives a bit of a different flavor to the juice. Some like it, some don't.

Techno, whatcha think?

technomeek

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Bremerton, WA
Wow. Looks like a couple questions. Here goes.

First, the bridge and wick are only there to draw liquid from the cartridge...so, no cartridge, no need. If you are dripping into a fully assembled atty, then your liquid has to penetrate the wick and the steel mesh of the bridge before reaching the coil. All that means is that you are filtering the liquid before it reaches the coil inside the ceramic cup.

Yes, removing the bridge and wick means the atty won't hold as much liquid but the trade-off is that your liquid is dripped straight onto the coil. That gives you a stronger hit and better flavor.

Also, because the atty is stripped down it won't hold the liquid as well so you do really need to vape as soon as you drip. Letting it sit right after dripping will always cause leaks.

Bottom line - dripping will give you better throat hit and flavor while sacrificing the convenience of a full cartridge. Personally I just carry a small 10 ml bottle with me. Again, it's a little more work but well worth it for a more satisfying vaping experience.

Last edited:

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
I'm a dripper too. I've found with some of my darker juices the wicking material makes my juice taste like ... after a while. I was wondering if anyone has tried these?

http://www.kalamazoovaporshop.com/K...ctDetails/tabid/72/ProductID/187/Default.aspx

I'm wondering if the splash shield helps at all, also has anyone tried putting in a deeper cup? I know there are now mega attys which are deeper looking but I'm still unsure of the cup. I may be way off but to me a deeper cup would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread