Broken Pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prouse

Feb 11, 2018
I recently bought a pen in a kit called the Presto kit. It was only $20 so it’s pretty cheap. The problem with it is the charger stays green but when I screw in the pen to charge, it stays a solid red color. I’ve tinkered with the contact point of the pen but nothing has changed, the pen still won’t charge. I don’t know if it is just a dud or it is something I can fix. Please let me know.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Every charger I have seen red means charging or discharged... green means fully charged or and in some cases a charger will show green on empty slots. Meaning ready to charge. Or no connection

That said 5 hour say not be r no ugh time to charge the battery... but i would think after 5 hours there would at least be a partial charge...... but it kinda sound like you are not getting a connection.....

Have you tried prying the pins up a little....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
not getting a connection.....

Have you tried prying the pins up a little....
Agree with the above. The center pin in the 510 connector is notorious to get pushed down into the battery, especially when the tank device is over-tightened. No physical connection = no electrical conductivity.

If that doesn't work, you need a new battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread