Buck Naked? Broken or am I doing it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with this e-cig. I bought the Buck Naked Express Kit and four small 18mg liquid flavors, but when I got it home and tried to charge it using the USB charger, the charger went red and then green pretty fast, indicated the battery was charged, and then would not work when I tried to take a drag. I mean to say the push-button release did not light up and nothing was being vaporized.

I figured it was just defective so I brought it to the store and exchanged it. Same thing happened. It charges in a short period of time, the blue LED pushbutton flashes and goes out, and then the charger indicates the battery is charged when it goes green; but when I try to use it nothing happens.

There is a small paragraph in the instruction manual that says that clicking it three times in two seconds will lock and unlock it, so I tried that a bunch of times. Is there something else I can do to get this thing to work?

Thank you!

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Hey all. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with this e-cig. I bought the Buck Naked Express Kit and four small 18mg liquid flavors, but when I got it home and tried to charge it using the USB charger, the charger went red and then green pretty fast, indicated the battery was charged, and then would not work when I tried to take a drag. I mean to say the push-button release did not light up and nothing was being vaporized.

I figured it was just defective so I brought it to the store and exchanged it. Same thing happened. It charges in a short period of time, the blue LED pushbutton flashes and goes out, and then the charger indicates the battery is charged when it goes green; but when I try to use it nothing happens.

There is a small paragraph in the instruction manual that says that clicking it three times in two seconds will lock and unlock it, so I tried that a bunch of times. Is there something else I can do to get this thing to work?

Thank you!

Looks like some variation of the standard Ego battery, try 5 clicks of the button quickly, and see if that turns it on.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Has anyone had this same issue? I bought the same system today and have the exact same issue. When first plugged into the charger the LED will flash 20 times then go off; can't get the LED Button to light up or work at all after that.

I have not had that problem as I don't own an eGo battery, but here is another thread that talks about the problem and has a video in it that may help. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/472330-battery-charger-blinks-about-20-times-before-charges-goes-red-green.html

Good Luck!

HTH

sherryb07

Dec 30, 2013
CT
Has anyone had this same issue? I bought the same system today and have the exact same issue. When first plugged into the charger the LED will flash 20 times then go off; can't get the LED Button to light up or work at all after that.

I just got one of these for xmas and for some reason it's a 5 click system and NOT a 3 click. I don't know why the directions say 3 click because it's completely wrong. Also it says 5 on the website. Very weird. You just need to click it 5 times fast to turn it on and 5 times fast to turn it off if you want to turn it off for some reason. When it's charging, it may blink and turn off or something but as long as the CHARGER light is lit up red then it is charging. Sometimes the battery light blinks and i think turns off but it is still charging. When the charger light turns green it is good to go. I have noticed that it does charge fast. If it is not hitting when you press and hold the button then it might have turned off so click it 5 times to turn it back on.

Also, for the person that posted first-i hope you know that you need to press and hold when taking a drag. You can't just press and release. It has to be held down the whole time you are hitting it. It works great and I love it! You also don't need to buy the buck naked liquid. That liquid is very expensive. You can buy other brands at a smoke shop or something for like $4 and they are just as good. Hope this helps!

I have a Buck Naked Express vape, and I really like the draw on it. The above posts are correct: 5 rapid clicks of the button to "unlock" the battery, then when you press and hold, the blue light turns on, you inhale, then you release the button. 5 rapid clicks to again "lock" the battery. Most of the batteries are charged before you open the package, so no need to charge them when you get home. The only thing I have an issue with this vape is that the liquid slowly seems to coagulate/caramelize.

Make sure you arnt tightening it to the tank too tight this can cause problem s start slow and click the button 5 times to turn it on once its on hold the button down till you hear the atomizer start to fire if it gets all the way tightened and its still not Goin get a toothpick and slightly lift up the connector on the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread