• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buffalo - Rochester - Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
For now anyway? LOL. Nice, I will find out what I can within this next week and post here for all to see. Again, a proposed venue is Pineapple Jacks. I would like to know what people would be interested in time wise. If saturdays are a good day I will keep that in mind. I would recommend that if it's a weekend day, which it will end up being, that we propose to meet earlier and hang out more in the day/evening than at night. I'm sure we would all like to have fun but the later on in the night it gets the harder it is to talk and hang out because of how busy it gets. Please post if you would be interested in attending at this venue and we'll put something together.

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Here's some background info:

There is a bar in Rochester that's called Pineapple Jacks. It's not in the city but in an outer suburb but is right off the 390 and 490 expressway. Thruway dumps you off in three places to Rochester: Henrietta (390), East side of city (490) and west side of city (490) near Leroy. The bar has three sections. First one is dining and bar with kareoke...no smoking. Second and third parts further back into establishment allow smoking both with bars. This place is rather large. There is also another room behind those three with stage and live performances on the weekends. I know they are vape friendly because they allow smoking and I'm always vaping away!

There is also a seperate "party" room for birthdays and occasions. It leads out to the back bar. I will see what they charge to rent that room out for a night. If it's reasonable attendees can pool together a "cover charge", if you will, that will enable us to have some privacy. There are tables which will allow us to sit and have our "gear". I will talk to the owner as soon as I can to see what he can do.

Here is link to address so people can gather an idea on where it is and they can calculate driving times and routes.

Google Maps

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
So how about we consider one of these:

Last Sat in Aug or
Second Sat in Sept

And do we want:

a day meet...like starting around 2PM (so if people prefer driving during daylight hours) or
more like 5PM or so?

From what Rob said, it would probably get busier at night....lots of noise....so let's at least consider which of these we prefer.

For now anyway? LOL.

Sorry, I meant unless you change your mind :D

Lu

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
The September date is probably better for me and for Sallana too. We can shoot for that date. Also anytime between 2 and 5pm is great. That way anybody not wanting to deal with a crowd can come early and leave before then. I will be there all day and night when this happens so anybody wanting to stay and drink will have a friend ;) LOL.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Well that was posted kind of late last night. Maybe we'll see more today. The hardest part about organizing a meet is finding a date/time/location that's good for everyone. But we need a place to start. Sometimes you just have to throw something out there and see how it works for the majority.

This happens to work for me. Let's hope others chime in. Having it in Sept will probably give us time to gather more people.

Lu

vapin_2tha_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
Hey everyone. Just want to let everyone know. Talked to the owner and the backroom is full of storage so we wont have the back room. However, he reserved the front area which is the restaurant area so we can all get together and eat. This area is right when you enter the establishment on the right hand side. I told him there would be between 10-20 people eating and drinking so he was glad to oblidge. The connecting room is where we will have to vape however but there are a few tables and a few more in the further back area with dartboards and a pool table. The bar does not open until 3 pm though so please plan on being there sometime around then. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
I was going to drop by Panama Jack's (I'm like 5min from the place) but I was new to ECF and didn't have my post count up to post here...LOL. The day of the meet-up was my son's b-day party but couldn't post here to see if there were more definite times...LOL. At any rate, I'm here now if anything else comes up. Glad people are doing things in my area!

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
JonnyVapΣ;1997150 said:
I was going to drop by Panama Jack's (I'm like 5min from the place) but I was new to ECF and didn't have my post count up to post here...LOL. The day of the meet-up was my son's b-day party but couldn't post here to see if there were more definite times...LOL. At any rate, I'm here now if anything else comes up. Glad people are doing things in my area!

hi Jonny. keep checking in. we'll be doing another get together in the future. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread