Builders that Sell Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I honestly don’t know where this thread belongs, but I am looking for smaller builders that sell their own coils. I’d rather support someone smaller than the bigger companies. Any suggestions on someone??
Have you perused the coil threads? I haven't looked but there's usually a thread for people who want to show off their coil building skills. Or.......

Here's a reasonable vendor who specializes in SS coils and spools. It's a small company owned by vapors who care about the quality of their wire. They are also very helpful with questions and have online chat.

Advanced Vape Supply

• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Something with good flavor, I’ve been using my own round wire build for about 3 weeks now and I want to look into trying different stuff.
If you can wrap round wire you can wrap any other kind. It will be more cost effective to buy spools of the wire type you want and wrap coils yourself. But if you really want to support a member of the community the Canadian builder mentioned above sounds interesting.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you can wrap round wire you can wrap any other kind. It will be more cost effective to buy spools of the wire type you want and wrap coils yourself. But if you really want to support a member of the community the Canadian builder mentioned above sounds interesting.
Depends on the sort of coil you want. Some of the really oddball high mass exotics are a lot more like knitting, and are best done by an experienced hand. High mass exotics don’t vape all that terribly well that I’ve found personally. There are those here who vehemently disagree though. High mass exotics have been to a large degree been supplanted by mesh though. They do the same thing but better. (Again IMHO and that opinion will be in no way universal)

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Something with good flavor, I’ve been using my own round wire build for about 3 weeks now and I want to look into trying different stuff.
if you watch this guy,anyone would want someone to build their coils. lots of good youtube on build different setups,if you got time?

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
With some wire and a drill and a little practice, you could build your own coil wire fairly easily. Claptons, fused claptons, and twisted to name a few of the easier ones that would give you a good idea what you would like. If you already have a drill, it would cost around $20 for a sample pack of various wire sizes. For custom coils from a builder you typically get about 4 coils for that price. You could easily make much more than 10x that for the same price if you do it yourself.

Here is a link to a sampler pack of wire Mixed 550 Feet of Kanthal A-1 Wire 22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36 Gauge 787421218336 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread