Building a new setup, would like feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermZx

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Arlington, Tx
I have a Halo Triton and I'm itching for more. After looking at a bunch of different stuff, I'm thinking about a Sigelei Zmax V5 (black), and a HCigar Kayfun 3.1. That being said I'm not too familiar with the batteries or the expected battery life for a given charge, which is part of the reason I wasn't looking at mech mods. I don't think I'll ever get into sub-ohming, and I feel like a decent VV/VW device would satisfy all my wants.

So, I'm wondering what you guys think of this combo: if there's a better price, a better product, a better combo, the same pricing roughly but together at one shop. In addition I was wondering about batteries. In this case, besides single charge life, does stacking 350's versus a single 650 matter? I've read up a bit on the various battery safeties, and which charger to get.

The one thing I don't get about the batteries, which might not be a factor in a non-mech mod, is the mAh.

I prefer a smaller form factor, and I don't mind charging throughout the day if the charge time is reasonable.

Sorry for the newbishness, and thanks for your help. For the record, this is about 1 month off of Grizzly Wintergreen which I had been using for about 18 months straight, and on and off for the past 4 years or so. Feels good to not have a painful bottom lip and a way to satisfy my tinkering and techie needs.

Last edited:

GermZx

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Arlington, Tx
From my understanding from the various forum posts, which I could have gathered incorrectly, the HCigar 3.1 is very similar to the Tobeco KFL+ or other Russian similars in features like adjustable airflow. I think the Hcigar is a Russian clone whereas the EHPro and Tobeco are Russian 91% clones. I would like a smaller version, such as a 91% clone due to budget, but I have also read the Hcigar version is the best build clone. I'm open to suggestions especially with links, just going through who has what in stock and the forum post suggestions that's what I arrived at.

BaDaBooM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
uk
3.1 is outdated. Klf+ can do everything the 3.1 can do except it has no hybrid mode with the semovar. kfl+ is 9mm shorter and holds the same amount of juice. tobeco v2 kfl+ has adjustable 510 connection.

I never use my 3.1 anymore its too big compared to the kfl+ and is a pain to fill.

1939_3.png

GermZx

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Arlington, Tx
101vapes has a KFL+ listed under Tobeco as $33. The website has no descriptions or modifiers to the title so I wouldn't know what version it was or anything like that, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with the plastic tank center or any spare parts, which sucks because I like the plastic center. I can't find the plastic tank piece on that site, electronicstix, or RTD vapor :/ . If The Tobeco is highly recommended of the choices I suppose I can just order a midsection sometime in the future. 101vapes out of stock of the EHPro KFL+.

I found EHPro KFL+ for $40 on Madvapes with all the spare parts and stuff included, so I guess it's just up to choosing EHPro or Tobeco.

Last edited:

Saltraker

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Hannibal, Missouri
Not sure if it comes in black, but you should be aware that the ZMax V3 is essentially the same as the V5, except the V5 has the added capability to recharge another device. Otherwise, the features are the same. Cost differential is about -$10 or so. I recently purchased a V5 (before I realized it was basically the same as the V3) and I don't anticipate ever using the recharging thingie that came with it. That being said, I've been very happy with the V5. Easy menu, and a hefty mod, which I like. Oh, yeah...one other thing...if you're looking at the "flat top" it ain't really flat since it has a bevel around the edge. And...one more thing...not all attached devices will sit flush on the V5 (I assume the V3 is the same) because the 510 is just barely longer than the top cap. By a hair. I've been thinking about sanding it flush. Anyone else do that? I'm done.:2c:

GermZx

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Arlington, Tx
^^ I figured they were the same, but I'm having difficulty finding any vendor's which have either in stock for less than $50. Even the one I linked sold out :( They do make the V3 in black, but I haven't been able to find it online anywhere. The flat-top issue is annoying, but even if the round-top fixed it I still think the flat-top would look better.

I suppose Fasttech has both in stock, gunmetal V5 and SS V3. I'd pick the $10 cheaper SS V3 over the gunmetal v5, but that's assuming Fasttech is a genuine product. From the dicussion and reviews it seems it is, I just wouldn't get it for forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread