The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Building coils, wraps in fractions?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Jason Anonny, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hello, I have looked around and surprisingly, I have been unable to find an explanation for this question. In looking through forums, as well as using "vapers toolbox" everyone seems to be using fractions to describe the wraps of the coils. For an example, vapers toolbox will say "your coil should use a 2/1 wrap to get as close as possible to your target resistance". Can someone explain to me what this fraction represents? I have given this much thought, but unfortunately the answer is still elusive me. Thank you in advance!

2. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    it's a half wrap, such that a 6/7 for example looks like 6 from beneath and 7 from the top.

T

3. Dampmaskin

Dampmaskin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    Norway
    ^^^ What he said. It's not really fractions. The first number is always 1 higher (or lower?) than the second number.

So 7/6 (or 6/7) means 6½ wraps ... sort of.

4. Perfect. Its all so clear now. No Idea how I didn't catch on to that. Thank you for your assistance!

5. Dumas Mesuri

Dumas Mesuri Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Highlandville, MO, USA
    Jason Anonny, you were not alone! I always look at them from the top so I always read 6/7 or 7/6 as 7 and until now was clueless as to why. Thank you for asking and thanks to supertrunker and Dampmaskin for answering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.