building the Magnetic Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootj

Jul 1, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have searched and viewed some posts with "some" instructions on buttons. Buttons for tail switch or e-pipes. I just can't seem to find enough details to build one for myself. I have seen one with magnet setups and a key ring and even a shotgun shell turned into the button but not enough described to do it myself. I have some ideas but would rather not re-invent the.... button if I don't have to.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I'll take a shot at this. Someone with more modding experience may come along and correct something though.

First the parts. You need the button, the cap/button mount, two circular magnets, and the insulated screw or post you use to make the electrical connection.
ute9yhah.jpg

Next, place one of the magnets around the post on the button and insert the button in to the cap mount.
9a9umuqa.jpg

Next, place the other magnet into the backside of the mount. The magnet should be inserted so that the two magnets push away from each other.
ysy2a6eq.jpg

Then inset the insulated post into the button with both magnets between them.
ybuqehy5.jpg

And that's basically it.

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
So, the opposite polarity of the two magnets works as a spring would?

That is correct. One will be mounted on the button itself, the other on the back side of the end cap. The two will push the button out without using a spring.

Where did those parts come from?

Some mech mod. Not sure which.

The screw appears to be a normal brass screw. The insulator is a nylon grommet. With the exception of the stylish cutting on the mount everything looks like something you could buy in any hardware store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread