Not open for further replies.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

So, this may not be my cup of tea.
Built it, put it on, got a couple vapes off of it...then nothing...Looks intact tried it a few different times, changed batteries, still got nothing.
Went back to my regular old 510 VK 2.2 standards.

Don't know what I did wrong. If anyone sees anything, let me know.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Pluck that wick out of the coil and watch the coil as you hit the button.. does the coil glow?

If so, does it glow even starting in the middle?

Do you have another mod that you can test it on? Do you know how many OHMS the coil was?

I'm cleaning up my other VV and charging batteries for the experiment.

It measured 2.2 but it looks like the internal resistance on my meter is .5 which would put it 1.7.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I'm cleaning up my other VV and charging batteries for the experiment.

It measured 2.2 but it looks like the internal resistance on my meter is .5 which would put it 1.7.

so on a VV turn the voltage way down so to the left if it really is 1.7 then the wheel will have to be very low

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The coil popped, if you look at the bottom wrap in the picture, you can see where it terminates and is not connected to the post.

I think that's just a piece of the cotton obscuring the coil in the pic. I promise, it didn't terminate (well, not yet anyway...give me a minute...LOL)

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Do you have an oring in the dripwell to line the coil up where you want it? Or one under the atty base to hide the brass? If so it might of got tight on the oring before it was making good contact in the 510 connection.

I did have an o ring to try to line it up the first time. I didn't bother to put it on the second VV because I didn't think it was working, so that's probably the difference.

If I'm using the o ring for alignment, am I supposed to really crank it down or crank just until I meet resistance?

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi catmommy

Your coil looks pretty respectable - nice work. I don't think it's your problem.

These guys will have you up and running in no time.

It sounds more like a power issue than an RBA build issue :)

Thank you, you taught me everything I know and you probably didn't know it...Nice tutorial thread.

You can hold the button down while you tighten the atty as soon as the coil starts to heat up you no your threaded down far enough . I say this so your not over tightening the atty . It helps to remove the drip tip

Thanks Rob. I think the bigger problem is Pink VV needs to visit you at the spa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread